Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win some, lose some-draft order
Quote: @rf54 said:
yeah that should pretty much put a nail in the Tank for Trevor coffin.  What to root for now?  playoff run?  We could conceivably win the next 4 -5 if we play like we did today.  Need to get healthy at CB in a hurry

I'm on the Justin Fields bandwagon now baby!!

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
I just want to be in striking distance of one of the top 3 QB's when all the dust settles. 
That distance might have to be made up with a trade.

I've said this before, but I just don't know that tanking is possible on a team like this. You look at teams like the Jags and the Jets and the Washington team. The cupboard is bare. There's nothing there. 

As bad as we might think they are, the Vikings are still a team with Dalvin Cook and Justin Jefferson and Eric Kendricks...
That's exactly what I mean by "striking distance" 

Unless they get an Aaron Donald type player, getting a stud in the trenches wont set this team up for wins tomorrow like a franchise ceiling QB will. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@rf54 said:
yeah that should pretty much put a nail in the Tank for Trevor coffin.  What to root for now?  playoff run?  We could conceivably win the next 4 -5 if we play like we did today.  Need to get healthy at CB in a hurry

I'm on the Justin Fields bandwagon now baby!!
probably out of that race now too

When the top guys are out of reach... Rick Spielman makes a reach lol.  Who will be our Christian Ponder part deux?  

Quote: @comet52 said:
When the top guys are out of reach... Rick Spielman makes a reach lol.  Who will be our Christian Ponder part deux?  
How dare you bring up a reach like that (half kidding). In all seriousness, I could see it being Wilson from BYU

I still don't believe Spielman will pick a QB, even a reach. He picked one this March when he gave Cousins that extension.

If we get 6+ wins, maybe even 5+, and keep Spielman and Zimmer here, we will be drafting to win next year, not build for the future.

If a quarterback is not drafted, then they should be fired.

Interior line on both sides. Kirk is going to be the qb for 2 more years. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
currently 8 million over on cap for next year,  lots of free agents of our own to look at,  plus sign our rookies.  I dont see how the team will have anything left to make it worth keeping a mediocre QB once they get under the cap.   the rebuild has to start this offseason and that starts by shedding all back contracts starting with Cousins and Barr.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:
currently 8 million over on cap for next year,  lots of free agents of our own to look at,  plus sign our rookies.  I dont see how the team will have anything left to make it worth keeping a mediocre QB once they get under the cap.   the rebuild has to start this offseason and that starts by shedding all back contracts starting with Cousins and Barr.
I am definately ready to move on from Kirk, i just dont see it unless they do blow it up. We are going to need a 3T and a LG if we dont. Im not much of a cap guy, but I could see 
a Fitz or Mariota fitting in as a stop gap.  Kirk can be a good enough QB in this system if we can get Hunter and Pierce back. 

Do we have the money to extend Reiff under any scenario?  I think that would be key