Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OBJ's season is over...
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
I'd take a 2nd and a 4th for Thielen. It just means we are taking a WR in round 1 (if one of the top 3 QB's are already gone) or 2 this year though. This WR class is really talented like the one that just went through the draft, but OL and DL is a big concern still
this draft has to be about QB, DT, and Interior OL,  if they go looking at WRs and DBs before day 3 I might need a new TV.
With this current roster, I agree with you 100%. I'm strictly speaking if we lose Thielen, as our WR group outside of Jefferson is not good

I'd  take a 2 and a  4  for him 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
I'd take a 2nd and a 4th for Thielen. It just means we are taking a WR in round 1 (if one of the top 3 QB's are already gone) or 2 this year though. This WR class is really talented like the one that just went through the draft, but OL and DL is a big concern still
this draft has to be about QB, DT, and Interior OL,  if they go looking at WRs and DBs before day 3 I might need a new TV.
With this current roster, I agree with you 100%. I'm strictly speaking if we lose Thielen, as our WR group outside of Jefferson is not good
if they do what they need to do this offseason... next year will be the year to look at LBs, DEs, and WRs IMO.  I want them to get the big uglies and the QB positions fixed first.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
if they do what they need to do this offseason... next year will be the year to look at LBs, DEs, and WRs IMO.  I want them to get the big uglies and the QB positions fixed first.
I dont disagree with that. Unfortunately we have a lot of holes to fill haha. If a lot of these older big names are dumped it'll be interesting to see what positions are ranked as a bigger need (For example LB vs DL). We already know QB and OL are the big two

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
I dont disagree with that. Unfortunately we have a lot of holes to fill haha. If a lot of these older big names are dumped it'll be interesting to see what positions are ranked as a bigger need (For example LB vs DL). We already know QB and OL are the big two
pointless to worry about LBs though when you dont have the DTs to keep them clean so they can make a play.  thats the biggest issue with Barr he doesnt have a double team demanding tandem of DTs playing in front of him any more and that allows the extra OL to get to the next level and take him out.  Pierce may be one of them,  but considering he is a guy that has a history of weight issues that is taking a year off from football.  I wouldnt count on him coming back and making a contribution next year.