Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OBJ's season is over...

so what is AT worth to Stefanski?

That sucks. Thielen's value went up. LFG!

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
F That!!! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
F That!!! 
what are you saving him for?  he is still a damn good player, but in 2 years he will be a step or 2 slower and those back and lower body injuries will be more frequent and taking their toll.  

if its the feel good factor,  take what you can get for him now (it will be the most he will be able to help us while we rebuild)  and then sign him back at the end of his career so he can retire a Viking and maybe find him a coaching position or something like that.

Yep. Mr. Thielen line 2...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
F That!!! 
Hey if Harrison Smith is on the table, so is Thielen. I am pissed that Smith is an option, I guess you get to be pissed about Thielen.

I am OK if we get their first for this year, a 3rd or 4th this year plus a mid-low rounder next year. 

Quote: @mblack said:
I am OK if we get their first for this year, a 3rd or 4th this year plus a mid-low rounder next year. 
no seriously,  what would you take in trade,  really all kidding aside.

Trading Thielen makes no sense and would come with a 5.4 mil dead money cap hit in 2021, a 4.9 mil cap savings in 2021, and a 3 mil cap savings this year.

But it severely weakens the receiver group.

The defense is already hurting and the guard situation is abysmal.

Thielen and Jefferson are solid.

If you get rid of Thielen then how do you replace him?

Even if the Vikings cut or trade Cousins (they should do one or the other) they will likely select a QB in the next draft.

I would think, and this may be just me, that you want that QB to have as many weapons as possible no?