@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
Facts... the one thing Trump supporters avoid.
Harris lacks honesty when she does not separate the excellent economy early in the year versus the effects of shutdowns due to the pandemic.
You are going to mention honesty while we are under the Trump administration? Really? Some of you have no shame. We have leaders to lead and if we have a terrible economy due to the pandemic it is because Trump failed as a leader. The spin cannot hide that.

Talk about no shame.  She is clearly lying. The economy had not tanked until the pandemic.  No where can you find anyone saying the economy had tanked earlier.  Never said Trump was perfect nor totally honest.  You leapt to a strawman and apparently have the same level of honesty as Harris.  Or do you admit that she is wrong?
You were questioning Harris honesty. I asked if you ever questioned Trumps. You cant even try to equate both. If you are concerned about Harris' honestly because of the "lie" above, one would expect you being more vocal or more than concerned about Trumps (someone who has lied over 2000 times, lies all the time about the pandemic and keeps lying and hurting the country). All you can come up with is the pathetic and biased statement that "I never said Trump was perfect" (neither did you say he was terrible but you called out Harris - hence my point). By the way that is the wrong statement. "Trump is terrible" when it comes to honesty is a more appropriate statement.
I would gladly be associated with Harris than Trump when it comes to honesty. Can you say the same?

Answer the question mblack, is Harris telling the truth?  did the economy crater in 2019, pre pandemic.  I'm trying to get you to answer a simple question.  You brought up Trump.
Stop moving the goal post.
This is what you said....
Quote:Harris lacks honesty when she does not separate the excellent economy early in the year versus the effects of shutdowns due to the pandemic.
You said she "lacks" honesty and I merely pointed out that Trump was worse (and I did not see you questioning his). And yes I brought Trump to show your hypocrisy.
so when a trump supporter brings up obama to make a point that pisses dems off,  but you can bring up Trump to try and make a counter point defending Harris's honesty?

news flash to all.... how can you tell if a politician is lying?    their lips are moving.  [Image: d172jh-382ab487-7f73-471f-b573-23c374725...dK-FxuB-n4]
At the italic: Trump supporters bring up Obama "to make a point" while I bring up Trump "to try and make" a counter point. I guess all I can do is try but not actually make a point like Trump supporters do. How noble of you to notice my effort. I guess saying "thanks" to the almighty moderator is in order here.
1.  you are wound to fucking tight to have conversations in here if that simple make vs try to make sets you off.

2.  i am just a poster in here until I have to moderate,  i am just as entitled to post my views as I see fit as you are, so take off your pissy pants or just put me on ignore.
I am not the one swearing so I guess we know who is set off. Why would I ignore you? I am not the one pissed off (based on your post above).
It's a useless online forum so calm down.
i am not uncalm,  if swearing is your measure of a persons anger then you need another barometer.  ( or I need to clean up my vocabulary which is probably just as likely)

as far as useless,  it didnt used to be that way until the angry all the time crowd shows up and tries to shove their views down others throats and belittles anybody who disagrees with them.  honestly,  before VFans got as big as it was,  we used to have some great back and forth with opposing views and it was really informational because there was respect shown to those with opposing views.
But you don't see a problem with you making a judgment with how I am wound right? Let me guess, your judgement is apt.
Why do you think we can't have a civil discourse here? Could it be due to the current political climate? That would be too easy isn't it? Easy to blame the all time angry crowd. Again, you don't see anything wrong with you or your kind just the other people. If they could just conform or change....

Quote: @mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
Harris lacks honesty when she does not separate the excellent economy early in the year versus the effects of shutdowns due to the pandemic.
You are going to mention honesty while we are under the Trump administration? Really? Some of you have no shame. We have leaders to lead and if we have a terrible economy due to the pandemic it is because Trump failed as a leader. The spin cannot hide that.

Talk about no shame.  She is clearly lying. The economy had not tanked until the pandemic.  No where can you find anyone saying the economy had tanked earlier.  Never said Trump was perfect nor totally honest.  You leapt to a strawman and apparently have the same level of honesty as Harris.  Or do you admit that she is wrong?
You were questioning Harris honesty. I asked if you ever questioned Trumps. You cant even try to equate both. If you are concerned about Harris' honestly because of the "lie" above, one would expect you being more vocal or more than concerned about Trumps (someone who has lied over 2000 times, lies all the time about the pandemic and keeps lying and hurting the country). All you can come up with is the pathetic and biased statement that "I never said Trump was perfect" (neither did you say he was terrible but you called out Harris - hence my point). By the way that is the wrong statement. "Trump is terrible" when it comes to honesty is a more appropriate statement.
I would gladly be associated with Harris than Trump when it comes to honesty. Can you say the same?

Answer the question mblack, is Harris telling the truth?  did the economy crater in 2019, pre pandemic.  I'm trying to get you to answer a simple question.  You brought up Trump.
Quote:Harris lacks honesty when she does not separate the excellent economy early in the year versus the effects of shutdowns due to the pandemic.
You said she "lacks" honesty and I merely pointed out that Trump was worse (and I did not see you questioning his). And yes I brought Trump to show your hypocrisy.
so when a trump supporter brings up obama to make a point that pisses dems off,  but you can bring up Trump to try and make a counter point defending Harris's honesty?

news flash to all.... how can you tell if a politician is lying?    their lips are moving.  [Image: d172jh-382ab487-7f73-471f-b573-23c374725...dK-FxuB-n4]
At the italic: Trump supporters bring up Obama "to make a point" while I bring up Trump "to try and make" a counter point. I guess all I can do is try but not actually make a point like Trump supporters do. How noble of you to notice my effort. I guess saying "thanks" to the almighty moderator is in order here.
1.  you are wound to fucking tight to have conversations in here if that simple make vs try to make sets you off.

2.  i am just a poster in here until I have to moderate,  i am just as entitled to post my views as I see fit as you are, so take off your pissy pants or just put me on ignore.
I am not the one swearing so I guess we know who is set off. Why would I ignore you? I am not the one pissed off (based on your post above).
i am not uncalm,  if swearing is your measure of a persons anger then you need another barometer.  ( or I need to clean up my vocabulary which is probably just as likely)

as far as useless,  it didnt used to be that way until the angry all the time crowd shows up and tries to shove their views down others throats and belittles anybody who disagrees with them.  honestly,  before VFans got as big as it was,  we used to have some great back and forth with opposing views and it was really informational because there was respect shown to those with opposing views.
But you don't see a problem with you making a judgment with how I am wound right? Let me guess, your judgement is apt.
Why do you think we can't have a civil discourse here? Could it be due to the current political climate? That would be too easy isn't it? Easy to blame the all time angry crowd. Again, you don't see anything wrong with you or your kind just the other people. If they could just conform or change....
the all time angry crowd isnt unique to one party, I never said it or even inferred it, its funny that you jump to that conclusion though.  its pretty telling how when I run one of them off that one side agrees with  i am a biased asshole,  but when I run one off they disagree with I am a pretty good mod.  i personally think people wander around in here with their eyes closed looking for a fight with any moderation to often.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:

the all time angry crowd isnt unique to one party, I never said it or even inferred it, its funny that you jump to that conclusion though.  its pretty telling how when I run one of them off that one side agrees with  i am a biased asshole,  but when I run one off they disagree with I am a pretty good mod.  i personally think people wander around in here with their eyes closed looking for a fight with any moderation to often.
I don't remember picking a side or party. I said your view or your kind and other people (the so called angry crowd) . Pretty telling it is. Again you jumped to another conclusion.

@mblack said:

Pulling the "afraid of the mod card" is usually a sign they are running away but want the last word.  As is often the case, many aren't hear to discuss ideas, or even have a reasoned debate.  They revel in hypocrisy, move goalposts, won't answer a simple question and then start calling names or going ad hominem.
The left has a huge hypocrisy problem and it really makes reason difficult for them.  So they attack and belittle.  That is why I hardly bother other than to point and laugh at some of the more outrageous claims.

@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:

I don't remember picking a side or party. I said your view or your kind and other people (the so called angry crowd) . Pretty telling it is. Again you jumped to another conclusion.
uhm yes you kinda did... "Again, you don't see anything wrong with you or your kind just the other people"

you inferred that I was talking about those i disagree with as the angry crowd,  and thats not the case.  plenty of angry crowd folk that I do agree with on a lot of issues,  I just dont think their way of expressing their views is conducive to a civil adult conversation.  The same goes with the "smarter than you smarmy crowd"  that likes to take their little veiled shots and then gets defensive when somebody blows their cork... really doesnt belong in this forum.

@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:

uhm yes you kinda did... "Again, you don't see anything wrong with you or your kind just the other people"

you inferred that I was talking about those i disagree with as the angry crowd,  and thats not the case.  plenty of angry crowd folk that I do agree with on a lot of issues,  I just dont think their way of expressing their views is conducive to a civil adult conversation.  The same goes with the "smarter than you smarmy crowd"  that likes to take their little veiled shots and then gets defensive when somebody blows their cork... really doesnt belong in this forum.
I did not. You assumed.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
I'll leave this here. Thank you S. V. Dáte

https://twitter.com/donwinslow/status/12...7369058304

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:

Pulling the "afraid of the mod card" is usually a sign they are running away but want the last word.  As is often the case, many aren't hear to discuss ideas, or even have a reasoned debate.  They revel in hypocrisy, move goalposts, won't answer a simple question and then start calling names or going ad hominem.
The left has a huge hypocrisy problem and it really makes reason difficult for them.  So they attack and belittle.  That is why I hardly bother other than to point and laugh at some of the more outrageous claims.
LOL

Says the guy who posts conspiracy theory drivel, won’t answer a simple question, then uses excuses like it takes too much energy to explain ... 

And I an sure the hypocrisy of ehat you just posted is totally lost on you.

I do find it hysterical how you channel Trimp’s behavior to a tee, accuse the other side of the  very behaviors you engage in.

Psychology 101:  Exhibit A of Psychological Projection 

@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
Just wait till the new green deal passes, Biden and Harris will set records for most new federal debt, business debt, personal debt and lost jobs!  Woohoo, good times!
Even if what you say was true... which is not, I don't remember Biden saying he will eliminate the national debt. Trump on the other hand said repeatedly he and he alone could and will eliminate the national debt but has instead increased it at an alarming rate. I bet you see no problem with that.
I'm a fiscal and social conservative.  Don't like the current status and the Green New Deal scares the crap out of me for the effects on the economy, on jobs, cost of living, and added debt.  Can't support the New Green Deal and that is a key part of Biden's platform.

Besides, congress sets the budget not the President.
But I don't remember you being scared or against Trump (you just don't like it) for adding 10 trillion in 4 years ( a reality and fact we know) but the green new deal that you think will add to the debt "scares the crap out of you". You carefully forget the green new deal is not yet flushed out, it is evolving and not reality. Great way of thinking.

Lastly you now say congress sets the budget not the president but again Trump supporters are OK with the following:
  1. Taking money that congress allocated to military to build a wall
  2. Trump executive order to waive tax
Isn't that what you just said congress does? Yet the trump supreme court and supporters think the president has the right to do. So which side are you? You guys cant argue both sides.
Geez, get a grip MBlack, I have always said congress sets the budget.  I've never changed my stance.  I've never been happy with increasing the deficit.  It's been going up for decades.  A fundamental change is required by both parties in congress to reduce, eliminate deficit spending.  I speak for myself, I'm not responsible for actions taken by others.  Debate with those who made the decisions.  I support fiscal conservatives.  Do you?
At the bold yes. The problem here is those that say they support it seem to be OK when then the same money is being given to the wealthy. 
If you are OK with the budget being set by congress then you should not be OK with what i cited above. The problem is you don't seem to care about it. Hence my point above. One of the pillars of a fiscal conservative is low government debt. The debt has increased by 10 trillion in about 4 year.  I don't remember you calling for change
Yes, I do support fiscal conservatives and am pleased with our state government in Idaho and Idaho representatives and Senators.  That's the part that I can influence.  BTW, I don't consider you to a be trusted advisor so you can dispense with the questions and accusations.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
Just wait till the new green deal passes, Biden and Harris will set records for most new federal debt, business debt, personal debt and lost jobs!  Woohoo, good times!
Even if what you say was true... which is not, I don't remember Biden saying he will eliminate the national debt. Trump on the other hand said repeatedly he and he alone could and will eliminate the national debt but has instead increased it at an alarming rate. I bet you see no problem with that.
I'm a fiscal and social conservative.  Don't like the current status and the Green New Deal scares the crap out of me for the effects on the economy, on jobs, cost of living, and added debt.  Can't support the New Green Deal and that is a key part of Biden's platform.

Besides, congress sets the budget not the President.
But I don't remember you being scared or against Trump (you just don't like it) for adding 10 trillion in 4 years ( a reality and fact we know) but the green new deal that you think will add to the debt "scares the crap out of you". You carefully forget the green new deal is not yet flushed out, it is evolving and not reality. Great way of thinking.

Lastly you now say congress sets the budget not the president but again Trump supporters are OK with the following:
  1. Taking money that congress allocated to military to build a wall
  2. Trump executive order to waive tax
Isn't that what you just said congress does? Yet the trump supreme court and supporters think the president has the right to do. So which side are you? You guys cant argue both sides.
Geez, get a grip MBlack, I have always said congress sets the budget.  I've never changed my stance.  I've never been happy with increasing the deficit.  It's been going up for decades.  A fundamental change is required by both parties in congress to reduce, eliminate deficit spending.  I speak for myself, I'm not responsible for actions taken by others.  Debate with those who made the decisions.  I support fiscal conservatives.  Do you?
At the bold yes. The problem here is those that say they support it seem to be OK when then the same money is being given to the wealthy. 
If you are OK with the budget being set by congress then you should not be OK with what i cited above. The problem is you don't seem to care about it. Hence my point above. One of the pillars of a fiscal conservative is low government debt. The debt has increased by 10 trillion in about 4 year.  I don't remember you calling for change
Yes, I do support fiscal conservatives and am pleased with our state government in Idaho and Idaho representatives and Senators.  That's the part that I can influence.  BTW, I don't consider you to a be trusted advisor so you can dispense with the questions and accusations.
At the bold: I never said I was nor do I care what you thought/ think about me. You can keep your inflated estimation of your opinion to yourself.