Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't do it Joe...
Don't pick Kamala Harris...

I know it's tempting as hell, but it will spook too many. 

Gotta be Susan Rice or Whitmer imo. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Curious why you think Harris will spook folks. 

California for starters, yup I really mean that.

There is some baggage with Kamala and her prosecutor days. She performed poorly this past fall having to walk-back on issues etc.

Biden polls well with the people of color on his own, he doesn't need her for that. A stronger tix imo is Warren with Biden.

Should we eat Pence for lunch in a debate too. 

AMEN, please no Harris.  She’s a fraud.  

Her time as a prosecutor has a disgusting stench to it for civil liberties.  Top Cop protecting bad cops, bad systems.  Denial of DNA evidence for those who were wrongly accused and thrown in prison for years.  Google: Kevin Cooper and George Gage.  Her own history in participating in the War on Drugs is shameful.  Her tears every time we hear the words “black woman” are disingenuous.  Zero authenticity.  

Susan Rice, sorry, hard pass, I nor anyone else wants the next 90 days digging up the bones of Benghazi.

You want a top cop candidate, Val Demmings  
You want leadership, Gretchen Whitmer
You want courage and American values, Tammy Duckworth

Many actual quality choices at VP, but then again the Democratic Party never surprises me with their stellar aka horrible decision making.

California for starters, yup I really mean that.

There is some baggage with Kamala and her prosecutor days. She performed poorly this past fall having to walk-back on issues etc.

Biden polls well with the people of color on his own, he doesn't need her for that. A stronger tix imo is Warren with Biden.

Should we eat Pence for lunch in a debate too. 
i dont think warren will draw that middle ground undecided voter that you are looking for... IMO you need to find a socially liberal but fiscally conservative... if that unicorn exists.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

AMEN, please no Harris.  She’s a fraud.  

Her time as a prosecutor has a disgusting stench to it for civil liberties.  Top Cop protecting bad cops, bad systems.  Denial of DNA evidence for those who were wrongly accused and thrown in prison for years.  Google: Kevin Cooper and George Gage.  Her own history in participating in the War on Drugs is shameful.  Her tears every time we hear the words “black woman” are disingenuous.  Zero authenticity.  

Susan Rice, sorry, hard pass, I nor anyone else wants the next 90 days digging up the bones of Benghazi.

You want a top cop candidate, Val Demmings  
You want leadership, Gretchen Whitmer
You want courage and American values, Tammy Duckworth

Many actual quality choices at VP, but then again the Democratic Party never surprises me with their stellar aka horrible decision making.
Duckworth would be one of my final 4 too...I hear you about Rice, still a strong contender. 

Joe pigeon-holed himself a long time ago by saying he'd go woman V.P. Not saying that isn't the right choice, what I'm saying is if you're picking the best from a subpar group, its not optimal. The Right is going to crucify any of these top women contenders and rightly so, they've got skeletons....the whole 'Sleepy Joe is near death, do you want Kamala Harris's finger on the button??' angle is going to scare more votes Trump's way. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Joe pigeon-holed himself a long time ago by saying he'd go woman V.P. Not saying that isn't the right choice, what I'm saying is if you're picking the best from a subpar group, its not optimal. The Right is going to crucify any of these top women contenders and rightly so, they've got skeletons....the whole 'Sleepy Joe is near death, do you want Kamala Harris's finger on the button??' angle is going to scare more votes Trump's way. 
luckily team blue has a secret weapon... 

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
lol, these debates are going to be a must watch shit show of surreality. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
lol, these debates are going to be a must watch shit show of surreality. 

i cant do it. for the same reason I dont follow Trump on twitter,  and am nauseated by the bias of the evening news.... its so fricking sad that our countries highest position comes down to these 2 people. 

I know some think there is nothing wrong with Biden,  but I ( and many many others) dont buy the bull shit.  he is as bad of a person as Trump is,  the only difference is he can be handled and thus far Trump hasnt been able to be.  To me,  that is a positive in Trumps column,  at least Trumps dumb assery and motivation is on him,  he doesnt seem to have some other country,  or influencer dictating his direction.  Biden will always make me wonder ( at least until he is replaced by his VP in 6 months) who he is actually working for although I am quite certain it wont be for the American voters that put him there.