Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie Contract Signings...
& then there was 1...  Smile 

Vikings sign Kenny Willekes, leaving just one unsigned pick
[Image: GettyImages-1190704058-e1595534649150.jp...316&crop=1]
Getty Images
The Vikings are down to one unsigned pick. And when you start with 15, that’s saying something.
Per a tweet from his agents, Vikings seventh-rounder Kenny Willekes has signed his four-year rookie deal.
The defensive end from Michigan State, a former walk-on, was chosen 225th overall.
That leaves just first-round cornerback Jeff Gladney without a deal, and the Vikings approaching 19 percent of a camp roster tied up in draft picks.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/23/vikings-sign-kenny-willekes-leaving-just-one-unsigned-pick/

Well that didn’t take Brez long...!  Wink 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Well that didn’t take Brez long...!  Wink 
Yup...

pounded out 15 of those puppies pretty quick, probably in his sleep.

Wonder what it feels like to get a $5.5 million signing bonus? On top of your $2 million salary for year one? Its heady stuff for kids that came from nothing. Its life changing but it also sets up your family for life if done right, just this first year money. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Wonder what it feels like to get a $5.5 million signing bonus? On top of your $2 million salary for year one? Its heady stuff for kids that came from nothing. Its life changing but it also sets up your family for life if done right, just this first year money. 
Oh why think like that,  there will be plenty more pay days,  besides my agent introduced me to a friend of his that's got the inside track on the hottest new sports drink and for only 3.5 million he will make me 25% owner and I will be able to retire with so much more when Pepsi buys us out....

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'd like to believe kids are smarter today and listening to their agents and financial planners more than yesteryear.

Too many stories over the years of these guys going broke by 35.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
I'd like to believe kids are smarter today and listening to their agents and financial planners more than yesteryear.

and you'd also like to believe that everybody can afford a BMW,  kids are kids and there will always be kids that are dumb as phuck when it comes to getting paid real money early in their adult lives,  especially kids that have been coddled their whole education because they were good at sports.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

ESPN did one of their specials called "Broke" several years ago about that.  Apparently the best thing you can do to keep your money is immediately disown your entire family before they rob you blind :p

Quote: @RS Express said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

ESPN did one of their specials called "Broke" several years ago about that.  Apparently the best thing you can do to keep your money is immediately disown your entire family before they rob you blind :p
I never saw that, sounds interesting and sad too. Worth the watch?