Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power. This is all about Power. There is no other way to explain this post
Id agree with Skod in that anybody and everyone should be watching.

Nobody wants to follow live, but everyone wants to be an expert on humanitarianism the next day. NBC, CBS, ABC, ALL of them are asking why police aren't doing anything as their helicopter cameras are picking up chaos.  All night it's "do something. do something. do something." All day it's, "look what they did to us!"

Innocent people HAVE BEEN caught up in the anarchy hiding behind real outrage.

The police here in MPLS scaled up their "inhumane" response according the the destruction that was occurring. Do folks genuinely believe people have a free pass to victimize OTHER people over a bunch of "it doesn't matter' anti-capitalist CHARGED rhetoric? 

Man, i keep hearing "why don't they talk about this" or "why don't they talk about that?!" I'm guilty of it myself. I think i realized that the reason "no one is talking about it" is because OUR ACCESS to it is as limited as it is unlimited. You get your NEWS from where you choose to, when you choose to, and why you choose to.

Unless you are WATCHING live, you'll have a hard time knowing truth (notice, I didn't say "the") and noticing what is being said while it's happening.

but why can't we hold the rioters accountable for those victimized by police? THEIR actions escalated the response.

Is it because for everyone one photo we see of a new victim we see a hundreds of "stuff is just stuff - you won't defend George's life but you'll defend a building?!!!!!!!!" posts on social media? (as armed millitias of mixed races are holding AR-15s outside their store fronts to defend them).

When Trump tweeted "looting start, shooting starts" shit was halfway into the 2nd day of escalating out of control. MPLS Media UNIVERSALLY condemned the police for NOT taking enough action all night. 

People should know damn well that are innocent PEOPLE on PEOPLE violence going on in the mix of this and the police should NEVER stand down when extremists hijack a peaceful demonstration to the point of fucking other PEOPLE up in the process.

My compassion meter for police brutality goes up when the demonstrations are clearly NOT violent. Waltz TOLD people the police response would be ugly and not to be there.

This situation is deescalating. I hope the demonstrations and large gatherings continue, I hope the police can back off and let those that want healing, personally, socially, judicially, to get it.

I had a "protestors" within 5-10 blocks of my house in Duluth. "Protestors" meaning peaceful folks who were upset, to mad to outraged - and not to judge, but also kids just eager to start breaking shit as a group. In Duluth, that was a VERY small percentage of the "protestors." But they were real. 

I spent a large chunk of my night two nights ago just looking outside to make sure the type of kids who sent a brick through my living room window last year weren't just using George Floyd to break more shit.

A female protesting on 35 in Duluth got hit by a motorcycle as they initially began to block the highway - people naturally got angry about it.
A kid in that group decides to hop on a silver car that stopped, and starts stomping the windows in. - it's like people are apparently souless for caring about the person who was terrorized for a moment on the highway.

Medics. What the was there a need for Unicorn Riot civilian medics on the ground? We have hospitals, ambulances and hell even the fire department can respond to those situations right? (no, they couldn't because the riots disabled them) How are they even there without a clear understanding that shit is about to go down?

And lemme finish by saying YEA, IT IS FUCKED UP THAT THE POLICE HAD TO DO THAT SHIT.

The guy on kfan that was talking about the state walking back the story on the trucker and the interstate also confirmed that the Minneapolis police as well as PDs acriss the country are finding these rioter caches of bricks, fire accelerants, molotov cocktails, and other means of destruction....that shit doesnt happen nationwide without organization and some serious resources.   Just like the 3 buses of shit heads that rolled into Sioux falls last night shortly before the peaceful protest went to shit.

I think I have heard of other reports from towns that within a few hours of violence that bus loads from out of town have shown up.

I hope the FBI makes some real progress soon.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
The guy on kfan that was talking about the state walking back the story on the trucker and the interstate also confirmed that the Minneapolis police as well as PDs acriss the country are finding these rioter caches of bricks, fire accelerants, molotov cocktails, and other means of destruction....that shit doesnt happen nationwide without organization and some serious resources.   Just like the 3 buses of shit heads that rolled into Sioux falls last night shortly before the peaceful protest went to shit.

I think I have heard of other reports from towns that within a few hours of violence that bus loads from out of town have shown up.

How big is SF? 

We had the same issue here in Idaho.  6 vans of trouble were in town.  But the armed citizens beat them to the punch and were walking the streets before they got here.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:

How big is SF? 

We had the same issue here in Idaho.  6 vans of trouble were in town.  But the armed citizens beat them to the punch and were walking the streets before they got here.

Hope this is a one off for you in a unique time, armed militia's and vigilante posse 's
keeping justice ain't my idea of being great again, sound more like Damascus or Aleppo. 

@JimmyinSD said:

How big is SF? 

180,000 or there abouts.  i wish I knew about it,  the shit heads apparently came down from Fargo,  they rolled right through my back yard as I am only a few minutes from I29,  would have been fun to take the fire trucks out and slow their procession to a crawl for a few hours and put them into SFalls in the middle of the night. (if they had passed the fire trucks with the lights on then the HP would have had a reason to pull the buses over.  I just am pissed as hell that people knew they were coming and there wasnt a welcome wagon waiting for them in SFalls.   I know damn well that the public would have made their arrival very unfriendly.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:

How big is SF? 

180,000 or there abouts.  i wish I knew about it,  the shit heads apparently came down from Fargo,  they rolled right through my back yard as I am only a few minutes from I29,  would have been fun to take the fire trucks out and slow their procession to a crawl for a few hours and put them into SFalls in the middle of the night. (if they had passed the fire trucks with the lights on then the HP would have had a reason to pull the buses over.  I just am pissed as hell that people knew they were coming and there wasnt a welcome wagon waiting for them in SFalls.   I know damn well that the public would have made their arrival very unfriendly.

That was the good thing here.  People knew and people reacted appropriately.  It wasn't posers spouting loudly, it was citizens that wanted to protect their city.  Some joined the peaceful protestors, others chatted with police. 

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:

How big is SF? 

Hope this is a one off for you in a unique time, armed militia's and vigilante posse 's
keeping justice ain't my idea of being great again, sound more like Damascus or Aleppo. 
it wasn't vigilantes or posers.  It was concerned citizens and they acted accordingly.  plenty of arms, but peaceful and respectful. 

Certainly wish it wasn't necessary, but much better than the alternative.

@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:

How big is SF? 

it wasn't vigilantes or posers.  It was concerned citizens and they acted accordingly.  plenty of arms, but peaceful and respectful. 

Certainly wish it wasn't necessary, but much better than the alternative.

I will take what you had over what minneapolis has seen every day of the week and twice on sunday.