Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 3 Draft Profiles And Highlights
Thanks for posting all these, Barr. Love the Willekes pick. He was my mid-round DE of choice until I discovered Darrell Taylor.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1254165404160798727

I pulled a hammy just watching this
Great,  rick drafted a cheer leader.

Vikings selected Iowa QB Nate Stanley with the No. 244 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.Stanley (6'4/235) made 39 consecutive starts in Iowa's I-formation offense, finishing with a 27-12 record as only the second three-year captain in school history. The Hawkeyes' offense relies on quick throws and intelligent opportunities downfield, but Stanley's career average depth of completion (6.4) emphasizes his reluctance to take shots. Having said that, tight windows don’t intimidate him, and his concentration inexplicably increased on third and fourth downs (70-for-121, 57.9 percent). With a spotty track record of overthrowing his teammates by 15-plus yards at times, Stanley projects as a late-round developmental project whose ceiling is that of a career backup's. The current No. 2 quarterback for the Vikings is Sean Mannion, so Stanley has a chance.
Apr 25, 2020, 6:30 PM ET

15+ yard overthrows? So, Josh Allen without the athleticism...

I don’t think accuracy alone is his downfall.  It’s more going through his progressions.  I watched him for three years and let’s just say, he starts to falter badly if his first two choices are not open.  He’ll either force it or get sacked.  He locks on to his favorites before the play ever starts and that’s where the ball is going come he’ll or high water.  

Kyle Hinton!!!

• Vikings selected Mississippi State S Brian Cole with the No. 249 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.Cole spent time at East Mississippi Community College before playing 17 games with the Bulldogs from 2018-2019. He totaled 78 tackles, 10.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, four pass deflections and two interceptions, while also notably being named team captain in 2019. The former four-star athlete recruit possesses the type of size (6-foot-1 and 213-pounds) and athleticism to warrant this late-round selection, but he'll need to prove his worth on special teams in order to make this roster.
    SOURCE: Courtney Cronin on TwitterApr 25, 2020, 6:45 PM ET