Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Look In On The Draft Test Run
If I'm Verizon, im sponsoring crystal clear full 1080p highlights all day, I dunno...

Better upgrade to Unlimited+++++ a.s.a.p ya'll

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
this whole thing is stupid as shit,  there is no reason that every GM shouldnt be able to go to their places of work and run their drafts from their war rooms... dumb as phuck IMO.
Would other people be in the "War Room" too, or would Rick be alone?  If alone, why be there?  Pretty sure everything he needs is either on a laptop or a server he can access from home.
I disagree being socially responsible to not spread this virus is "dumb as phuck".  My son, the ER doc, showed me an x-ray of a Covid-19 patient that came into the ER last Saturday.  It was nasty; both lungs were cloudy white.  Not something to mess around with no matter how "tired" folks are of social distancing. My son also has a wife and two beautiful kids to go home to at the end of his shift.  Not getting others sick has to continue to be taken seriously.
If something is "dumb", I'd say having the draft now is pretty dumb.  Why not just wait?

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
this whole thing is stupid as shit,  there is no reason that every GM shouldnt be able to go to their places of work and run their drafts from their war rooms... dumb as phuck IMO.
Would other people be in the "War Room" too, or would Rick be alone?  If alone, why be there?  Pretty sure everything he needs is either on a laptop or a server he can access from home.
I disagree being socially responsible to not spread this virus is "dumb as phuck".  My son, the ER doc, showed me an x-ray of a Covid-19 patient that came into the ER last Saturday.  It was nasty; both lungs were cloudy white.  Not something to mess around with no matter how "tired" folks are of social distancing. My son also has a wife and two beautiful kids to go home to at the end of his shift.  Not getting others sick has to continue to be taken seriously.
If something is "dumb", I'd say having the draft now is pretty dumb.  Why not just wait?

there is no way that Rick has the number of phone lines or the internet speed or bandwidth in his home as what there is in the new mega million dollar state of the art war room specifically designed for the NFL draft and to be able to do everything rick would want during a draft.   so yea,  if that is available why not use it.

and dont make this personal, no where in my post did I say anything about the whole team being assembled,  1 man going into an office is not breaking social distancing.  hell even if Rick, Zim,  and tech person were on hand together,  its still way less of a potential outbreak than a trip to the grocery store or one of the many other "essential businesses".   We arent talking about a packing plant here.   This is a room that hasnt been exposed to anybody in weeks.

why wait?   what is to be gained by waiting?  are people going to be exposed by having it now?  if they have any hope of having a season this year they need to get moving with the offseason and by doing things like the draft they can start to get play books and other information to their new players.. all of which can be done while distancing.

@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:

there is no way that Rick has the number of phone lines or the internet speed or bandwidth in his home as what there is in the new mega million dollar state of the art war room specifically designed for the NFL draft and to be able to do everything rick would want during a draft.   so yea,  if that is available why not use it.

and dont make this personal, no where in my post did I say anything about the whole team being assembled,  1 man going into an office is not breaking social distancing.  hell even if Rick, Zim,  and tech person were on hand together,  its still way less of a potential outbreak than a trip to the grocery store or one of the many other "essential businesses".   We arent talking about a packing plant here.   This is a room that hasnt been exposed to anybody in weeks.

why wait?   what is to be gained by waiting?  are people going to be exposed by having it now?  if they have any hope of having a season this year they need to get moving with the offseason and by doing things like the draft they can start to get play books and other information to their new players.. all of which can be done while distancing.
If they waited a couple months, the CDC might have a way of checking to see who is immune or not.  If five or six front office people are immune, they could be together in the War Room while others are at home.  I would think this would be better than having everyone stationed seperately.

@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:

If they waited a couple months, the CDC might have a way of checking to see who is immune or not.  If five or six front office people are immune, they could be together in the War Room while others are at home.  I would think this would be better than having everyone stationed seperately.
if they wait a few months there is no way the product is ready for a september kick off IMO.  Rookies already have huge learning curve,  now keep them away from their teams information until june or july...  might as well skip the draft all together this year and tell everybody we will see you in 21.

@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:

if they wait a few months there is no way the product is ready for a september kick off IMO.  Rookies already have huge learning curve,  now keep them away from their teams information until june or july...  might as well skip the draft all together this year and tell everybody we will see you in 21.
I just assumed there will be no Sept football.  I'm doubting November or even December football too.

@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:

I just assumed there will be no Sept football.  I'm doubting November or even December football too.
the bulk of the teams revenues are from TV so I am assuming they will play games as planned but without fans or at least until the antibody tests are widely done and some way to verify health is in place.

things are going to change,  but how much remains to be seen.

@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:

the bulk of the teams revenues are from TV so I am assuming they will play games as planned but without fans or at least until the antibody tests are widely done and some way to verify health is in place.

What about players, coaches, and even refs?  Do they
just stay quarantined and away from the general public while the season takes
place?  I just don't see how any type of contact sports will be able to
play until reliable vaccines or immunity tests exists.  A vaccine might be
a year away still.

@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:

What about players, coaches, and even refs?  Do they
just stay quarantined and away from the general public while the season takes
place?  I just don't see how any type of contact sports will be able to
play until reliable vaccines or immunity tests exists.  A vaccine might be
a year away still.
immunity tests are being rolled out right now.  they will be allowed to play, coach etc as long as there is immunity detected I would assume.   I dont have all the answers,  just that we wont be able to stay hidden away for another year or however long it takes to come up with a virus.   people will need to go back to work soon and risks will have to be taken.   I dont think we can go back to business as usual,  but life will have to start to return soon or its going to get a lot uglier in terms of hording of food and other shit.

i talked to a buddy yesterday who owns a small sausage company, he uses a shit ton of ground pork and is basically dead in the water until some new processing facilities start up or until the giants get back on line... well as it turns out hutterite colonies have commercial processing facilities for their own needs and are getting certified to start up small scale commercial hog slaughtering on their colonies... one by itself wont fix the issue,  but if 10 or 20 do it,  we are back to the same production in our state without having to have 2000 people packed into one location.   lots of industries and businesses will need to modify their models to remain viable.  this virus could actually be the step back that our country needs to put more people back to work and to move the population base away from the urban centers.

immunity tests are being rolled out right now.  they will be allowed to play, coach etc as long as there is immunity detected I would assume.   I dont have all the answers,  just that we wont be able to stay hidden away for another year or however long it takes to come up with a virus.   people will need to go back to work soon and risks will have to be taken.   I dont think we can go back to business as usual,  but life will have to start to return soon or its going to get a lot uglier in terms of hording of food and other shit.

i talked to a buddy yesterday who owns a small sausage company, he uses a shit ton of ground pork and is basically dead in the water until some new processing facilities start up or until the giants get back on line... well as it turns out hutterite colonies have commercial processing facilities for their own needs and are getting certified to start up small scale commercial hog slaughtering on their colonies... one by itself wont fix the issue,  but if 10 or 20 do it,  we are back to the same production in our state without having to have 2000 people packed into one location.   lots of industries and businesses will need to modify their models to remain viable.  this virus could actually be the step back that our country needs to put more people back to work and to move the population base away from the urban centers.

I think we have to remain patient
and let this run its course.  The timetable is how quickly this world knows
how to control and safely rid itself of this pandemic.  If masses of
people get restless, careless and irresponsibly start thinking they can gather
and go around as "normal", they just put the safe people (especially care givers) in jeopardy
again and it drags out.

I heard restaurants might open soon
in some states.  I immediately think "Who would be stupid enough to
go in there and eat?"