Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Harris to be traded for offensive lineman?

[Image: uTL6KH1c_bigger.jpg]
"On Anthony Harris... Negotiations [with the #Vikings] didn't go quite so well... I would say a trade is back on the table. He could get moved on draft weekend... I think playing out the season on the franchise tag is off the table."

-Darren Wolfson via the Scoop

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: uTL6KH1c_bigger.jpg]
"On Anthony Harris... Negotiations [with the #Vikings] didn't go quite so well... I would say a trade is back on the table. He could get moved on draft weekend... I think playing out the season on the franchise tag is off the table."

-Darren Wolfson via the Scoop
well shit.

Hmm. Negotiations didn't go well, or they were all leverage to try and drive a trade  :o

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@Havoc1649 said:
“Rebuild”. I disagree with this term in regards to the Vikings.
We’re in the middle of a fair number of personnel changes, but nothing extraordinary. We’re jettisoning huge contracts. Besides Diggs, no one is walking who either can’t be replaced by players already on the team or through a good draft. Especially with a number of early picks. We addressed the one area I felt probably needed to be with a free agent in the middle of the line. Yes this team will be young, but it still has some seriously good players a key positions. 

I fully expect this team to make a playoff run again. If this coaching staff is actually good, that will be the case. 
I get how it can feel like a “rebuild” since people aren’t sure about some of the other guys on the roster, but the coaches certainly are. If the coaches believe Holton Hill can exceed 2019 Rhodes, this is potentially an upgrade. Personally, I think he has the ability. I have concern for his off field, but not much for his on the field play. 
Lastly, I wouldn’t trade Ant for anything less than a 2nd. I’d rather roll with him or get him on a long term contract. He’s a top 5 safety. Just like prior to the Diggs trade, I think many fans greatly underestimate value. If we absolutely had to get rid of the guy for cap reasons that’s a different story, but we don’t in this case.
Who's the starting RDE? Either a part-time player who's never seen Starter Reps, a Rookie or a Tier 3 FA. Who's the 3T? Either a 2nd year player or a Rookie. Hughes and Hill are now Starters for the 1st time in their young careers. Boyd will get a lot of snaps. Who plays if either Safety gets hurt?

Who are the Starting Guards? Likely a 2nd Year Player and a Rookie. Who's the 2nd WR? Sharpe is a WR #3, Bisi is a #4 WR.

This isn't a rebuild? There will be 6 new Starters on Defense, most of them unproven youngsters. And 3 new ones on Offense. 8-8 seems like the ceiling even if Rick nails the Draft and only if the team suffers almost no injuries since the depth is even less proven than all the new Starters.
All good points FSU. I guess it would be more specific to say I’m not overly worried about our competitiveness just yet. We have an upcoming draft where we have a ton of capital to work with. It appears to be a good draft to be in that position. I expect to see opportunities to add free agents into the summer. Our core group is still strong and I have confidence the opportunities to put together a good team will ultimately be there. I expect at least 2 starters out of this draft. I recognize some may say that’s unlikely, but in my opinion the team is not doing a good enough job if they can’t manage it. I also expect they come away with depth that can mature into good players. 

That’s another big reason why I think we find out how good the staff’s really are. They have to find good bargains and draft well.