Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Harris to be traded for offensive lineman?
Not sure if this has any legs at all or just more offseason rumor mongering:

The #Vikings are expected to trade S Anthony Harris. A deal could be done as soon as next week. Minnesota is looking to acquire a offensive lineman in return for Harris.

p.s. I see this was posted in another thread, feel free to delete. Might be worthy of its own thread, however.

Couldn't find the other post, so please don't delete. This is interesting and not the 1st time we've heard it (re: Cleveland) so maybe there is some truth. 

Could they be after Jack Conklin so soon after he signed with the Browns? I doubt it. I've always been a big fan of Joel Bitonio. Thought he was the most underrated player in the 2014 draft. He shot up draft boards after his combine and went 35 overall to the Browns. He's been All Pro the last two seasons, has the movement skills for zone, and his 99.5 pass blocking efficiency is 2nd in the NFL. Make it happen, Rick, and we can forget all about the Diggs fiasco. 

I doubt it too.

With Stefanski there I expect a little more sanity out of the Browns...I'm not going to hold my breath for them to trade away an All Pro OL who's a good fit for their scheme. 

Much as I'd like it...

CB - Dunbar instead?

and speaking of songs stuck in ones head,  every time I read or hear Joe Bitonios name it reminds of Batano and that makes  me think of this song...

Yes I am a nearly 50 year old child.....

I wouldn't think the Vikings would trade Smith for a player in the secondary, but who knows? I'm not sure how I feel about trading the guy anyway, but if it happens I hope its for a starting OL.

I just continue to wonder how we could go into next season with only 1 returning starter in the defensive backfield, if this trade were to happen. I mean, that’s insane to me. Granted, I will fully admit I’m nowhere near the Xs and Os fan that most here on the board are, but that’s a lot of lost experience. 

BTW, I’m not bi&$@$#*, I’m just lost and want to know the plan....

It is interesting that the Vikings restructured Hunter's deal.  You would think there is a corresponding move. 

Maybe they will stupidly give Cook a massive extension with that money?

Maybe they will go after Clowney?  That would make the most sense to me but paying him more than Hunter wont sit well past this season.  I doubt they do this though.

So who?

If they get Williams from the Skins then they need to release Reiff.  Moving him to guard is one of the dumbest ideas that keeps getting repeated all over the place with no basis in fact.  When was the last time Reiff played guard?  2009.  Why pay him his salary to SEE if he could play guard?  Why not get someone who has played guard recently?

Harris and Reiff for Williams and Dunbar.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:

Maybe they will stupidly give Cook a massive extension with that money?
You should probably just get used to it. Cook is a part of this.