Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Coronavirus
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
It was important to pass the emergency relief aid - not sure its enough, but I naively want to believe it will help those who may lose wage, small retail - those that will need it the most.

Americans really need to take this social distancing seriously. Hunker down people. State/Local Govt's need to get a lot more directive.

We have to stop the arc so it looks like So Korea's, not Italy's. That time is RIGHT NOW. 

I read where Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS and other giants will be testing you right from the car as they set-up parking lot areas to do so. No going inside. We should have had this ready weeks ago. 

I work part time retail after I had retired from a 30 year marketing research career. The # of dumb asz's that still want to shake hands is mind boggling.

Everyone be safe and well...Dont watch too much coverage of this shit.

April is almost here...
This post is on point. Without taking social distancing seriously this will overwhelm the health care system rapidly. Social distancing needs to start RIGHT NOW, like Purplefaithful said.
And don't think that this virus will only seriously effect the elderly and those with preexisting conditions. 
This is a time for each of us to take steps to help protect our fellow humans.
I don't normal post about health issues on a football forum, but I am a retired family practice doctor. And the above post is one of the best I have seen so far.

Went out yesterday to Delray Beach with friends to day drink as its the official St. Patrick's Day Parade day (it was cancelled) and had a guy at a bar tell me the whole thing is a democratic hoax. He was serious. Its mind blowing that people can be this stupid. We weren't talking politics or anything, he just threw it out there. SMFH. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Went out yesterday to Delray Beach with friends to day drink as its the official St. Patrick's Day Parade day (it was cancelled) and had a guy at a bar tell me the whole thing is a democratic hoax. He was serious. Its mind blowing that people can be this stupid. We weren't talking politics or anything, he just threw it out there. SMFH. 
I'm no longer saddened or surprised...Darwinism always prevails. 

The reality in this country is that we are very blind right now.

The # of tests being done per capita in the USA is significantly below other countries. It was 70x greater in So Korea. 

Leadership in Washington did not have the country ready. Now its a DEFCON 4 scramble. We dont know if the actual # of cases is 10x or 100x vs what the testing to-date is showing.

Thats a bad thing.

Trump mentioned the possibility of reducing/banning domestic travel.....just a matter of time, methinks.

You're surprised? Pizzagate, silver solution, death camps, climate hoax, crisis actors, Hillary murders...

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/stat...88256?s=19
Yeah read this.
25 new cases reported yesterday. It still seems to be growing. With highs in the mid to upper 80°s down here warmer weather doesn't seem to be the fix that was hoped for.

Trump mentioned the possibility of reducing/banning domestic travel.....just a matter of time, methinks.
Agreed...

My kid was thinking about flying home to MN from LA as the universities shut-down. My response is gong to have to be not now -- For their safety too..

https://twitter.com/katyslittlefarm/stat...8680902658