Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Coronavirus
Wow....

https://twitter.com/SageRosenfels18/stat...93697?s=20

Yeah, DIA is never that empty. My goodness, this thing has really gotten ahold of people. But I suspect that it's going to make a far bigger dent in the global economy than the global population. 

What changes have you made? Personally, I have tickets to fly to San Francisco with my kids to see my brother in a couple of weeks. And, so far anyway, I plan to go. But I have to say I'm a little nervous about it, especially with my kids. Not as much about the virus as how people are panicking about it. A flight yesterday was rerouted to Denver because someone, um...sneezed. And I am narrowing in on some ridiculously priced tickets to Cancun in May. Am I crazy? 

i am headed to brussels in two weeks unless they shut down all air travel. 
Everyone just turn off the news for a month and all will be fine.

I've been washing my hands more lately, that's for sure. I had some tentative travel plans for mid-April to the Bay Area as well actually, that I don't think I'll be making. Other than that I'm just hoping for the best for everyone.
It will be a great day when this disease-- and the fears around it-- pass.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I've been washing my hands more lately, that's for sure. I had some tentative travel plans for mid-April to the Bay Area as well actually, that I don't think I'll be making. Other than that I'm just hoping for the best for everyone.
and the vile permission and promotion of wet markets, especially ones that contain rare live wildlife

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
and the vile permission and promotion of wet markets, especially ones that contain rare live wildlife

Yeah. There are so many cultural differences that I don't understand and I'm not super informed on this topic to begin with, but I did read China announced they're shutting these markets down again. They shut it down previously for SARS but then reopened it. If this is the global consequence for eating rare live animals, then hopefully people can find something else to snack on.

I have been in that very spot in the picture, dozens of times, and it has always been packed with people; especially at 1:46 pm. 

My daughter is getting married in mid May in Colorado. I called Southwest today to see if i could get a discount on my tickets. Not yet, they said.

We are still planning on going in a couple of months, and my wife and I are going to Riviera Maya in November. 

Nothing has changed for us, big annual St. Patrick’s Day party with friends on Saturday, tattoo convention in Chicago next weekend. 

Live life, don’t be afraid.

I've got a trip to Vegas booked for the 25th followed by visiting a friend in the Twin Cities the 28th and just crossing my fingers nothing gets canceled :#

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Wow....

https://twitter.com/SageRosenfels18/stat...93697?s=20

Yeah, DIA is never that empty. My goodness, this thing has really gotten ahold of people. But I suspect that it's going to make a far bigger dent in the global economy than the global population. 

What changes have you made? Personally, I have tickets to fly to San Francisco with my kids to see my brother in a couple of weeks. And, so far anyway, I plan to go. But I have to say I'm a little nervous about it, especially with my kids. Not as much about the virus as how people are panicking about it. A flight yesterday was rerouted to Denver because someone, um...sneezed. And I am narrowing in on some ridiculously priced tickets to Cancun in May. Am I crazy? 
If theres no line at Chic Fil A, then truly panic has set in 

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
i am headed to brussels in two weeks unless they shut down all air travel. 
Everyone just turn off the news for a month and all will be fine.
I don't think you are going to make it to Brussels.....for example, Norwegian Air has cancelled 3000 flights until mid June internationally. Its going to get worse before it gets better.