Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Coronavirus
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Just heard a good discussion about we are past the testing phase having any effect on the spread, 2 week incubation.  And we are behind the curve on bed capacity, remember how China built all the hospitals in a week.  There is a band width determined by the 2 week gestation. 
.....and NYC only will test for the virus IF the symptoms are strong enough to be admitted. How messed up is that? They are trying to change that criteria by the middle of next week. Meanwhile, the meter keeps clicking....

It will be okay, just listened to the Rose-garden speech, and all is well.  I did like the warm tongue bath the VP gave to everyone in charge.  By Sunday we will be able to make reservations @ Coronavirus.gov and drive to your local drug store and get your face swabbed and viola, all is good.

Google confirms that it is not building a nationwide coronavirus screening website, contrary to what Trump announced. Another Alphabet company, Verily, has an early project that only works in the Bay Area. @backlon with the scoop: https://theverge.com/2020/3/13/2117

Quote: @RS Express said:
@RS Express said:
I've got a trip to Vegas booked for the 25th followed by visiting a friend in the Twin Cities the 28th and just crossing my fingers nothing gets canceled :#
Well, crap. Got emailed that one of the shows I was going to in Vegas has been canceled.  Now, about getting my money back...
And kablooie..  Grand Canyon tour canceled, and my friend Carl in the Twin Cities just told me his entire family told him to tell me NOT to come see him after coming back from Vegas… or for that matter at all (he's 72 and was just diagnosed with cardiomyopathy)  At least I'm getting a refund for the tour and the show... but my flights/hotel are nonrefundable.  So I could end up flying to Vegas just for the pleasure of sitting in my hotel room for 3 days and then still end up paying for a Sioux Falls>MSP flight that I don't even take. At this point my best case scenario is hoping the airlines cancel the flights so they'd have to refund me.  AAARGH! 

It was important to pass the emergency relief aid - not sure its enough, but I naively want to believe it will help those who may lose wage, small retail - those that will need it the most.

Americans really need to take this social distancing seriously. Hunker down people. State/Local Govt's need to get a lot more directive.

We have to stop the arc so it looks like So Korea's, not Italy's. That time is RIGHT NOW. 

I read where Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS and other giants will be testing you right from the car as they set-up parking lot areas to do so. No going inside. We should have had this ready weeks ago. 

I work part time retail after I had retired from a 30 year marketing research career. The # of dumb asz's that still want to shake hands is mind boggling.

Everyone be safe and well...Dont watch too much coverage of this shit.

April is almost here...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Google confirms that it is not building a nationwide coronavirus screening website, contrary to what Trump announced. Another Alphabet company, Verily, has an early project that only works in the Bay Area. @backlon with the scoop: https://theverge.com/2020/3/13/2117
He lied about a bunch of stuff yesterday. I don't get the cult of Trump. Its beyond stupid. 

Nice to see politics has stayed out of this thread.