Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REPORT: Cowboys offer Prescott $33 million per year contract
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
good for them and good for him.  I love to hear about other teams screwing themselves into a shitty cap situation that will limit their ability to become more competitive down the road.   I hope who ever the bears sign screws them so bad that they lose a few of those studs on defense.
A bit extreme, dontcha think? What are they gonna do? Let him sign that contract with another team and then start over with a draft pick? Jimmy, you always criticize these big contracts, but that's what the market is. Prescott has played pretty well. He's earned what the market will bear. If the Cowboys don't pay it, another team will and the the Cowboys are stuck wasting Cooper, Elliot and that great OL on another 5 to 10 year search for a QB. Sure, hoping for a Mahomes, but far more likely to get the next Kizer, Trubisky, Lynch, Winston, Mariota....

Cowboys found a gem in the 4th round with Prescott. Now they have to pay him. I'm curious what you think their other options are. 
I have never been impressed with Prescott,  and teams that pay those big dollars to average QBs go no where,  so WTF is the point in just competing if that means not being a realistic SB team?  I would rather the Vikings build a team that can win despite average QB play than have the rest of the team be average with an over paid slightly above average QB which I believe prescott is.  think about it,   prescott has one of the best OLines in the game,  one of the best RBs,  and quality at WR and he still looks average on most days.   why pay top tier money for that when you know that you would likely get the same performance out of a cheaper QB?
I think Prescott is better than you give him credit for. One of the things that so many people undervalue is durability and in four years he's never missed a practice or a game. After what we've gone through with Culpepper, Bridgewater, Bradford, etc. you would think Viking fans especially would appreciate that (in Cousins too). But unlike Cousins, Prescott has the mobility that everyone covets these days

Here are some numbers on Prescott that I took from Twitter....

- 15778 passing yards
- 97 tds
- 40-24 record
- never missed a game.
- only 36 ints
- 97 passer rate
- 1221 rushing yards
- 21 rushing TDs
- 2nd most wins since 2016
- never had a losing season
- 2 playoff trips in 4 years - ranked in the top 8 in most of the important QB stats in 2019. HIs 4900 passing yards would've broken team records on 20 NFL teams. 

...and he's still improving. No, you gotta pay that guy. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
good for them and good for him.  I love to hear about other teams screwing themselves into a shitty cap situation that will limit their ability to become more competitive down the road.   I hope who ever the bears sign screws them so bad that they lose a few of those studs on defense.
A bit extreme, dontcha think? What are they gonna do? Let him sign that contract with another team and then start over with a draft pick? Jimmy, you always criticize these big contracts, but that's what the market is. Prescott has played pretty well. He's earned what the market will bear. If the Cowboys don't pay it, another team will and the the Cowboys are stuck wasting Cooper, Elliot and that great OL on another 5 to 10 year search for a QB. Sure, hoping for a Mahomes, but far more likely to get the next Kizer, Trubisky, Lynch, Winston, Mariota....

Cowboys found a gem in the 4th round with Prescott. Now they have to pay him. I'm curious what you think their other options are. 
I have never been impressed with Prescott,  and teams that pay those big dollars to average QBs go no where,  so WTF is the point in just competing if that means not being a realistic SB team?  I would rather the Vikings build a team that can win despite average QB play than have the rest of the team be average with an over paid slightly above average QB which I believe prescott is.  think about it,   prescott has one of the best OLines in the game,  one of the best RBs,  and quality at WR and he still looks average on most days.   why pay top tier money for that when you know that you would likely get the same performance out of a cheaper QB?
I think Prescott is better than you give him credit for. One of the things that so many people undervalue is durability and in four years he's never missed a practice or a game. After what we've gone through with Culpepper, Bridgewater, Bradford, etc. you would think Viking fans especially would appreciate that (in Cousins too). But unlike Cousins, Prescott has the mobility that everyone covets these days

Here are some numbers on Prescott that I took from Twitter....

- 15778 passing yards
- 97 tds
- 40-24 record
- never missed a game.
- only 36 ints
- 97 passer rate
- 1221 rushing yards
- 21 rushing TDs
- 2nd most wins since 2016
- never had a losing season
- 2 playoff trips in 4 years - ranked in the top 8 in most of the important QB stats in 2019. HIs 4900 passing yards would've broken team records on 20 NFL teams. 

...and he's still improving. No, you gotta pay that guy. 
we can agree to disagree then,   I would expect more from a guy with everything he has around him, and I was more impressed with him early on than I have been the last couple years.   I still think that the cowboys,  and many other teams would be better served by going back to the QB well more often than to over pay for average performance,  and using the savings on the rest of the roster.

This was strictly a Jim Jones move...

I'm with Maroon on this. I remember when Cousins hit free agency, he was called a "unicorn" because QB's with his production and in their prime simply didn't hit the market.  Well, here comes Prescott about to hit FA with as good or better production, a better W-L record, younger, more mobile, and has a freaking clue when somebody's about to strip him.  

If the Cowboys didn't pay him, someone else was going to PAY him.