Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REPORT: Cowboys offer Prescott $33 million per year contract
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cowboys-rep...07917.html

Jesus, what the hell is Mahomes going to sign for?? Wowzer.

If I were the Cowboys, it would be a question if I even wanted him back.  Single handedly took them out of games last year.  They are going to have most of their cap tied into two players who are very overrated.  I can easily list 10 QBs I'd rank ahead of him.  

$105mm guarantee...

Be interesting to know if the coach and owner we're aligned - or not. 

Sounds about right. Mahomes will probably get $36. 

And KC will get...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
And KC will get...
No idea how much cash KC will be willing to sacrifice for a longer term. But the Vikings will almost certainly lower their 2020 cap hit. I've read they could trim as much as $12 to $15M. I don't think they'll go that high though. They're not typically can kickers when it comes to the cap . 

ooooooffffta, thats a hell of a contract

good for them and good for him.  I love to hear about other teams screwing themselves into a shitty cap situation that will limit their ability to become more competitive down the road.   I hope who ever the bears sign screws them so bad that they lose a few of those studs on defense.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
good for them and good for him.  I love to hear about other teams screwing themselves into a shitty cap situation that will limit their ability to become more competitive down the road.   I hope who ever the bears sign screws them so bad that they lose a few of those studs on defense.
A bit extreme, dontcha think? What are they gonna do? Let him sign that contract with another team and then start over with a draft pick? Jimmy, you always criticize these big contracts, but that's what the market is. Prescott has played pretty well. He's earned what the market will bear. If the Cowboys don't pay it, another team will and the the Cowboys are stuck wasting Cooper, Elliot and that great OL on another 5 to 10 year search for a QB. Sure, hoping for a Mahomes, but far more likely to get the next Kizer, Trubisky, Lynch, Winston, Mariota....

Cowboys found a gem in the 4th round with Prescott. Now they have to pay him. I'm curious what you think their other options are. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
A bit extreme, dontcha think? What are they gonna do? Let him sign that contract with another team and then start over with a draft pick? Jimmy, you always criticize these big contracts, but that's what the market is. Prescott has played pretty well. He's earned what the market will bear. If the Cowboys don't pay it, another team will and the the Cowboys are stuck wasting Cooper, Elliot and that great OL on another 5 to 10 year search for a QB. Sure, hoping for a Mahomes, but far more likely to get the next Kizer, Trubisky, Lynch, Winston, Mariota....

Cowboys found a gem in the 4th round with Prescott. Now they have to pay him. I'm curious what you think their other options are. 
I have never been impressed with Prescott,  and teams that pay those big dollars to average QBs go no where,  so WTF is the point in just competing if that means not being a realistic SB team?  I would rather the Vikings build a team that can win despite average QB play than have the rest of the team be average with an over paid slightly above average QB which I believe prescott is.  think about it,   prescott has one of the best OLines in the game,  one of the best RBs,  and quality at WR and he still looks average on most days.   why pay top tier money for that when you know that you would likely get the same performance out of a cheaper QB?