Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could a Case Be Made For...?
I can't speak for all fans, but I- for one- would welcome Case back with open arms... if he comes back at a back-up QB's salary.  He could definitely help us win if something happened to Cousins... he's a "team" guy, so I don't think he'll be working to undermine Cousins... if Cousins can't take the offense further, then Case gives us an option for the near future (until our next attempt at a "franchise QB"... and Case could really make some hay on those roll-outs: if there's pressure, he won't hesitate to take off.  It might cost us a few down-field completions... but it might add a few more first downs.

Case- and Cousins- are both easy to root for.  Getting Case back would be great for the team.

I think no, and it has nothing to do with his history here or rocking the boat.

We brought Mannion in because he was cheaper than Siemian. Trevor got paid double what Mannion signed on for. I can't imagine Keenum going from double digit millions to the veteran minimum. We wouldnt just be asking him to be the backup... we'd be asking him to play for free too in comparison to what he just got a taste of.

I'd rather the Vikings draft a QB and hopefully he could be the #2 guy. 

Zimmer really wasnt a fan of Keenum. So I would be surprised if we see him back.

keenum and zim never. meshed not happening

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I get where you're coming Fromm.

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
keenum and zim never. meshed not happening
Um...yes, I'm sure Zim's refusal to commit to Keenum was because he didn't LIKE him.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:
I get where you're coming Fromm.
I would Love to see the Vikes take a QB Fromm this draft, even if it Hurts a little getting the one we want.  Is there a rEason you ask?

Love lost 9 of 11 starters on O, his HC and OC...so, if you look at his prior year...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Love lost 9 of 11 starters on O, his HC and OC...so, if you look at his prior year...
I am not a huge CFB watcher,  and havent had time to (actually havent really taken the time) really look at any prospects,  but the little I looked at QBs I kind of like Love.  Seems to be something there to build on IMO.  Although after watching what amounts to a pocket statue in Cousins for 2 years... Hurts in the 3rd or 4th wouldnt hurt my feelings either.  They could even get him involved in a mobile QB role as a change of pace as a rookie,  kind of like what nawlins did to opposing Ds.