Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could a Case Be Made For...?

Link won't open for me.
Ok I guess because I have made the case for Case before and was not treated well as I recall. If I remember it was like being mathed to death. I'm only interested in ratios. 13 to 3

Edit: before I get mathed some more. I know Case wasn't all 13.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Link won't open for me.
Ok I guess because I have made the case for Case before and was not treated well as I recall. If I remember it was like being mathed to death. I'm only interested in ratios. 13 to 3

https://thevikingage.com/2020/02/17/coul...minnesota/

I’d rather have Case as our backup a million times over Mannion....What a stiff...

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@suncoastvike said:
Link won't open for me.

https://thevikingage.com/2020/02/17/coul...minnesota/
Thanks that works.
Call it magic or whatever. It was just fun. The celebration dances even worked better. Chemistry was evident.
Would this team risk that QB controversy? I say I doubt it.
That fun is still fresh in too many minds.

not a chance in hell.  to many fans still attribute to much of the 17 success to Keenum and would be screaming for him starting the first time Cousins is strip sacked.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
not a chance in hell.  to many fans still attribute to much of the 17 success to Keenum and would be screaming for him starting the first time Cousins is strip sacked.

Sad to accept that management wouldn't do everything possible to help the team, but - I think you are absolutely right.

No matter how many talented DEs, CBs, WRs, LBs, TEs, and RBs Spielman picks - if you're an NFL GM with the tag of "Can't find a winning QB", your job security is poor. I believe that Spielman bet his job to get them to sign Cousins, and he'll sink if Cousins does. So that means two things:1. No way they will ever put a viable alternative on the team to suggest they don't have total faith in Cousins; and2. No significant resources will be invested in a backup QB because those resources (money, picks) will be used on other pieces that can improve Cousins' chances of success.
So forget about Keenum, Teddy, or any QB being picked higher than the 7th round.

I don't see the potential QB controversy that others do. Sure, some fans will go full-on Todd Bouman on Cousins the minute he screws up, but so what? They're fans. Shut up and have another Grain Belt.

I'd be all for bringing Case in as the backup. Makes perfect sense. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I don't see the potential QB controversy that others do. Sure, some fans will go full-on Todd Bouman on Cousins the minute he screws up, but so what? They're fans. Shut up and have another Grain Belt.

I'd be all for bringing Case in as the backup. Makes perfect sense. 

Agreed.  After Case left MN, he wanted his shot at starting and was given that opportunity.  After the last couple of years, I'm thinking Case now has a better appreciation for his game and his market.

in this scenario.... is Cousins playing on the final year of his deal or does he get extended?  If its his last year IMO we need to have somebody in the #2 role that we would want in the #1 role in 2021,  if they extend Cousins, who gives a shit who is #2,   might as well be Case.