Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like It's Stefanski
I think keeping Kubiak and the continuity it comes with is crucial. Promote the Kubiak Kid to coordinator and keep the elder Kubiak in place. And let's see what Kirk Cousins, Cook and company can do in their 2nd season in this offense. 

i  hoping  for  clint  with dad hanging around to  mentor

Kubiak and Shurmur both fall from the Bill Walsh coaching tree.

Kubiak (ironically) falls from the Shanahan branch of it; Shurmur falls from Holgrem/Reid branch. Childress/Stefanski fell straight out that the latter side of the tree. I guess if Kubiak can work with Stefanski he could work with Shurmur.

Unless Stefanski had less power/control as his title alludes working under Kubiak, I don't see why Shurmur couldn't take control and receive similar input from Kubiak. But i dunno... maybe there isn't a whole lot of reason to have Kubiak around though if we have a coordinator that knows how to coordinate. 

1 year as an OC now you’re ready to be a HC?

Typical Browns move.

Much prefer Shurmur as a playcaller

If we can get Shurmer back as OC, keep Kubiak's in current roles, I think that would be a clear upgrade over Stef, otherwise the best we can hope for is promote Clint. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Here we go again.  4th OC in 4 years.  Hope it is Kubiak's kid, at least the system will carry on.
 4 different voices talking to cousins.

That's not good

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@1VikesFan said:
Here we go again.  4th OC in 4 years.  Hope it is Kubiak's kid, at least the system will carry on.

That's not good

Keep in mind, that's on top of whatever other voices are in his head  :p

Both Klint Kubiak & Shurmur seem like good options. I am curious if Shurmur cod mesh with the Kubiak’s, but maybe Klint makes the most sense for continuity. It also feels like a Norv/Scott Turner situation, so I wonder if they came here with the expectation that Klint would replace Stefanski if he got hired away.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Mattyman said:
@1VikesFan said:

That's not good

Keep in mind, that's on top of whatever other voices are in his head  :p

Are the coaches he talks to on the sideline during a timeout actually one of the people talking to him in his headset? I know they are, but this "4 different voices" line had me smiling.

I've laughed a few times watching Kirk stand on the sideline "talking things over" during a TO, then running back to the huddle with his hands over his earholes trying to hear the playcall. I always laughed like, "what the hell were you just talking about?!" ... "who's talking to you that they weren't just available on the sideline there?!"

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@1VikesFan said:

That's not good

Pffff, I got 15 voices talking to me...