Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Orleans and NBC: Kiss my ass
I'm so happy this is an issue. Good. Sucks when you don't get a call... or maybe a half dozen (2009) go your way. 

This is karma for the Saints. Fuck Sean Payton and that org (minus Brees... he and I'm sure a few others are good dudes). 

Yeah and Williams didn't grab Rudy at all. Whatever. Fuck off New Orleans.

It seems like this week ahead up to the game on Saturday is going to unfold a lot like this prior week. Underdogs, check. National Media not talking about Minnesota? Check.

It's probably good. We can hit practice this week with the same low level of media distraction through out the week and the same chip on our shoulder.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
What's funny is nobody is bringing up Cooks TD that likely wasnt if there was a better camera angle.
It was a TD.
The thing about those replays to prove it wasnt....they didnt show that it was either.  I dont think you could even piece together a convincing arguement that it was from the angles available.  I think that was a situation where the refs calling it a TD so that it could be reviewed benefitted us.

The NFL supervisor of officials confirmed no-call there was the RIGHT CALL. Typical hand fighting that happens all game long. 

I'm enjoying continuing to load up my bathtub with Saints' fan's tears. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
on Ben Leber?? who was the bogus PI called on? 
Leber
I thought it was Greenway....

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
What's funny is nobody is bringing up Cooks TD that likely wasnt if there was a better camera angle.
It was a TD.
The thing about those replays to prove it wasnt....they didnt show that it was either.  I dont think you could even piece together a convincing arguement that it was from the angles available.  I think that was a situation where the refs calling it a TD so that it could be reviewed benefitted us.
So it was called a TD, nothing to prove it wasn't, but you assume it wasn't.

Ball was near the helmet which crossed well into the plane on the initial surge.  

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
It was a TD.
So it was called a TD, nothing to prove it wasn't, but you assume it wasn't.

Ball was near the helmet which crossed well into the plane on the initial surge.  
it was a late call which led me to believe that the official didnt see it either,  he is assuming that he made it and they are instructed to go ahead and signal TD and let replay decide.  In this case replay couldnt help confirm or refute the call on the field.  when I saw it live I didnt think he made it,  and after watching every replay about 10 times I still am not convinced.  Maybe you have an angle I havent seen,  but I have my doubts and that to me would be enough for a Saints fan to be screaming.  I know if it happened this way with the team reversed I would be pissed.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
on Ben Leber?? who was the bogus PI called on? 
Leber
I thought it was Greenway....
Nope, you're getting old, pf, it was Leber.  Here's a crappy vid of it.  After yesterday's win, this play really doesn't sting as much.  B)

The only call I remember being pissed about yesterday was the holding penalty on Thielen during Mattison's first down run during their third possession.  Total BS!  Thielen released the block early and the guy drove into him.  Mattison got the ball to the NO 38 but instead they were set back to the Vikings 40 and lost all momentum.