Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Hughes start over XR today???
Geez, it seems like everyone is still down on the team after a convincing win over Detroit. 

You don't get style points in the NFL...  I mean we had Detroit shut out until the waning minutes of the game.  Yes, it was David Blough and not Matthew Stafford, but he hung 27 points on the Bears defense the week prior.  With the way fans talk about that defense and the way we're talking about ours this season, we did a much better job of stopping the Lions.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:
I like the rotation deal.

IMHO this franchisee had never had 5 corners as skilled as they have now.
Vikings have never had a secondary this talented. 6 Pro Bowls, 4 first rounders. On top of that, you add Ant Harris, Mackenzie Alexander and Jayron Kearse. Secondary should be the strength of the team, but it's the weakness. Go figure. 

If they (DBs) were playing only Zimmer average we'd be a super bowl contender. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Let's see what happens to the rotation plan when playing a QB not named Blough.
I think it is a plan to get Hughes and Hill solid game time experience before they have to face the playoff qbs. 

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@StickyBun said:
I think it is a plan to get Hughes and Hill solid game time experience before they have to face the playoff qbs. 
Agreed - and a time to really evaluate for some difficult off-season roster changes coming...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@A1Janitor said:
@StickyBun said:
Agreed - and a time to really evaluate for some difficult off-season roster changes coming...
Bye EG and XR.

We need DB, DL, and OL.  Not in that order.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@A1Janitor said:
@StickyBun said:
I think this part of the deal also sends a message to those who maybe need it.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Geez, it seems like everyone is still down on the team after a convincing win over Detroit. 

You don't get style points in the NFL...  I mean we had Detroit shut out until the waning minutes of the game.  Yes, it was David Blough and not Matthew Stafford, but he hung 27 points on the Bears defense the week prior.  With the way fans talk about that defense and the way we're talking about ours this season, we did a much better job of stopping the Lions.
I'm the anti-NJ. I pay far more attention to how they play than wins and losses. In a lot of ways I was more encouraged by the Seattle loss than the Detroit win. Yes, the best teams in the NFL have games like this, where they win awkward, ugly, unsatisfying. I'm aware of that. And I'm also aware that this offense is a MUCH different offense with Adam Thielen playing. I'm also aware that the Vikings very likely didn't show much in this game because they didn't have to. So I'll take the win. Still, this is a few games in a row now where our run game hasn't quite been what it was earlier. Has it been figured out? And Cousins was uneven in this game.

No, the Vikings aren't out of it. No, the Vikings shouldn't fire everyone and start over. LOL. And, yes, the Vikings can still beat any team in the NFL. My only point is that this game was unsatisfying. Frustrating. I'm a big believer that the talent at the top of the league is all  very similar. Who wins down the stretch is more about who's healthy and who's hot. Vikings might be getting healthier, but right now, I wouldn't count the Vikings among the "hot" teams. Frustratingly enough, the Bears and Rams might be. 

1 thing i noticed yesterday that is a bit concerning was KCs passes were sailing high on him a bit.  He wasnt following through with his motion and it showed up.   Thankfully it wasnt an issue,  but its something to keep an eye on.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
1 thing i noticed yesterday that is a bit concerning was KCs passes were sailing high on him a bit.  He wasnt following through with his motion and it showed up.   Thankfully it wasnt an issue,  but its something to keep an eye on.
I noticed that from the stands too...

I think it was Rudie and Diggs that went high for those catches. 

I think the one to Diggs was because he hurried the ball out under pressure.  That was the only pass he could make.  Unfortunately it gave the time to the defender to make a play.