Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow. Never heard Zimmer gush like this....
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
I remember him saying back in the offseason that his D always had their hands full with a Kubiak offense.  So glad that is coming to fruition here.
And here's the thing: everyone knew how a Kubiak offense runs. They knew what was coming. And they still couldn't stop it. I think that's what Gary wants as a legacy: his scheme can't be stopped if run properly by any new innovative young minds. Its timeless. And if you have talented skill players, its even more devastating because it will fill in the minor cracks that appear occasionally. Stefanski will keep this going in the NFL. 
Yep, that's the best thing about it. You can stop it here and there. But not for long and not consistently. There are no examples that I can remember of Kubiak-run teams that were not among the top running teams in the NFL. I mean, we've all heard the names---T Davis, A Foster, O Gary, M Anderson, R Droughns, J Forsett....defenses knew what they were getting in those guys too.

We were extremely lucky to get Kubiak. He has no interest in taking on more responsibility due to his health, plus, his son is here, and so Stefanski becomes the next Koobs disciple. And even if he gets a gig elsewhere, we bring in another young  mind and let the mentor do his work once again. 
i think the only reason we have Gary Kubiak is because of Stefanski and his relationship with Klint K,  if Stefanski takes off the only way I see Kubiak sticking around is if Klint is promoted to OC,  which could easily happen with what ever team Stefanski were to take over,  he would make KK his OC and GK his asst HC/what ever he wants to be called.   

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
I remember him saying back in the offseason that his D always had their hands full with a Kubiak offense.  So glad that is coming to fruition here.
And here's the thing: everyone knew how a Kubiak offense runs. They knew what was coming. And they still couldn't stop it. I think that's what Gary wants as a legacy: his scheme can't be stopped if run properly by any new innovative young minds. Its timeless. And if you have talented skill players, its even more devastating because it will fill in the minor cracks that appear occasionally. Stefanski will keep this going in the NFL. 
Yep, that's the best thing about it. You can stop it here and there. But not for long and not consistently. There are no examples that I can remember of Kubiak-run teams that were not among the top running teams in the NFL. I mean, we've all heard the names---T Davis, A Foster, O Gary, M Anderson, R Droughns, J Forsett....defenses knew what they were getting in those guys too.

We were extremely lucky to get Kubiak. He has no interest in taking on more responsibility due to his health, plus, his son is here, and so Stefanski becomes the next Koobs disciple. And even if he gets a gig elsewhere, we bring in another young  mind and let the mentor do his work once again. 
i think the only reason we have Gary Kubiak is because of Stefanski and his relationship with Klint K,  if Stefanski takes off the only way I see Kubiak sticking around is if Klint is promoted to OC,  which could easily happen with what ever team Stefanski were to take over,  he would make KK his OC and GK his asst HC/what ever he wants to be called.   
Conspiracy theory here- Maybe Zim has heard the recent Stefanski head coach prospect buzz and is trying to frame it like Kubiak is the real genius, so that he can keep the band together for another season?
Yeah probably not.
But I've been saying for a month that Stefanski is probably gone after this season. I was told by many here that no, this time's different, everyone will stick around. I want that to be true but ehh... Unfortunately I think once again we'll be hiring a new OC this offseason.

@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:

So the only reason we have Kubiak is because Zimmer denied Stef the interview with Shumur and the Giants.  Just as Zimmer could deny KK and Dennison the interview.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:

Conspiracy theory here- Maybe Zim has heard the recent Stefanski head coach prospect buzz and is trying to frame it like Kubiak is the real genius, so that he can keep the band together for another season?
Yeah probably not.
But I've been saying for a month that Stefanski is probably gone after this season. I was told by many here that no, this time's different, everyone will stick around. I want that to be true but ehh... Unfortunately I think once again we'll be hiring a new OC this offseason.
i look at Zimmer and see a guy that doesnt have the temperment to be a lifer as a HC,  i see him wanting to retire from the HC gig sooner than later and the Vikings would be wise to make sure Stef knows that its coming in a year or so and its his team when Zimmer is done.   ( I think we need to hang onto Stef and the Kubiaks )

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:

So the only reason we have Kubiak is because Zimmer denied Stef the interview with Shumur and the Giants.  Just as Zimmer could deny KK and Dennison the interview.
only if they are under contract when the opportunity arises.  with Zimmer and RS on a short rope deal,  i doubt the asst coaches are locked in long term either.   and if  GK leaves,  is there still value in KK or Dennison if the brains of the system are down the road?

@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:

The only reason we have Kubiak is because Elway and Fangio wouldn't allow him to keep his guys and so he walked. And the Vikings jumped. That's the biggest reason. The history his son already had with Stefanski was probably just icing. Yeah, I could easily see KK getting the OC if KS leaves. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:

The only reason we have Kubiak is because Elway and Fangio wouldn't allow him to keep his guys and so he walked. And the Vikings jumped. That's the biggest reason. The history his son already had with Stefanski was probably just icing. Yeah, I could easily see KK getting the OC if KS leaves. 
wasnt KK hired before GK came on board and I know that it was before Dennison signed as IIRC he was still with the jets?

wasnt KK hired before GK came on board and I know that it was before Dennison signed as IIRC he was still with the jets?
Dunno, thought the two Kubiaks were a package deal.  And I never did see that Dennison was actually hired.  He may be just volunteering here.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Dunno, thought the two Kubiaks were a package deal.  And I never did see that Dennison was actually hired.  He may be just volunteering here.
its possible,  i just remember that KK and Stef were friends some how prior to him coming here and that Stef viewed GK as a coaching mentor.  I dont recall the exact timing of it for sure.   I think Dennison joining was overshadowed by something else last winter.

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:

No, Klint came after the Vikings hired Gary. Dennison came after that. That was the situation (Kubiak's guys) that the Broncos balked at.