Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow. Never heard Zimmer gush like this....
Mike Zimmer called Gary Kubiak “the best thing that’s ever happened to me since I’ve been here.” Praised his work with #Vikings offense and communication with Stefanski. “I love the scheme, the things he’s seen over the years running the offense.”

Replying to
Zimmer also had high praise for Kubiak’s mentorship of Kevin Stefanski during the #Vikings OC’s first full year. Added: “He’s open to anything that makes sense. That’s the kind of guy he is.”

ZIMMER specifically said that Kubiak has helped Kirk understand playing fast. #KFANvikes

I remember him saying back in the offseason that his D always had their hands full with a Kubiak offense.  So glad that is coming to fruition here.

Quote: @greediron said:
I remember him saying back in the offseason that his D always had their hands full with a Kubiak offense.  So glad that is coming to fruition here.
And here's the thing: everyone knew how a Kubiak offense runs. They knew what was coming. And they still couldn't stop it. I think that's what Gary wants as a legacy: his scheme can't be stopped if run properly by any new innovative young minds. Its timeless. And if you have talented skill players, its even more devastating because it will fill in the minor cracks that appear occasionally. Stefanski will keep this going in the NFL. 

It starts with Dalvin Cook.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
And here's the thing: everyone knew how a Kubiak offense runs. They knew what was coming. And they still couldn't stop it. I think that's what Gary wants as a legacy: his scheme can't be stopped if run properly by any new innovative young minds. Its timeless. And if you have talented skill players, its even more devastating because it will fill in the minor cracks that appear occasionally. Stefanski will keep this going in the NFL. 
Who was that offensive line coach for so many years in denver?  Gibbs I think?  I recall reading how defenses hated playing them because of the cut blocks. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
Yep, that's the best thing about it. You can stop it here and there. But not for long and not consistently. There are no examples that I can remember of Kubiak-run teams that were not among the top running teams in the NFL. I mean, we've all heard the names---T Davis, A Foster, O Gary, M Anderson, R Droughns, J Forsett....defenses knew what they were getting in those guys too.

We were extremely lucky to get Kubiak. He has no interest in taking on more responsibility due to his health, plus, his son is here, and so Stefanski becomes the next Koobs disciple. And even if he gets a gig elsewhere, we bring in another young  mind and let the mentor do his work once again. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
Yep, that's the best thing about it. You can stop it here and there. But not for long and not consistently. There are no examples that I can remember of Kubiak-run teams that were not among the top running teams in the NFL. I mean, we've all heard the names---T Davis, A Foster, O Gary, M Anderson, R Droughns, J Forsett....defenses knew what they were getting in those guys too.

We were extremely lucky to get Kubiak. He has no interest in taking on more responsibility due to his health, plus, his son is here, and so Stefanski becomes the next Koobs disciple. And even if he gets a gig elsewhere, we bring in another young  mind and let the mentor do his work once again. 
You forgot the best one yet... Cook

So Dallas tried to stop the outside zone by having the ends penetrate against the tight ends. It worked at first. Kubiak and/or Stefanski recognized the strategy and sent the fullback out to help block the end and they were back in business. In game adjustments are priceless. But recognition, most likely, bu Kubiak up in the booth is the key.
The scheme is making this line better than they would otherwise be. And Dalvin is helping. And Cousins is capitalizing on the run game.
No wonder Zim is gushing.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
It starts with Dalvin Cook.
It starts with the perfect marriage between Dalvin and Kubiak. When we drafted Dalvin, we knew he was ideally suited to a wide zone, but we weren't running one. We ran a sort of zone/gap hybrid at the time. I think it's clear we wanted to go in more of a zone direction when we drafted Brian O'Neal the next year. But the Kubiak--the wide zone guru becomes available, along with his OL coach?  I don't think Vikings quite appreciate just how lucky that was. 

Dalvin + Kubiak + Bradbury = Good things