Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remaining schedules...
Quote: @Ralphie said:
@CLOBIMON said:
I just keep shaking my head that the Packers are 8-2.  They've been gifted a couple games (one for sure), squeaked out a couple...  I just look at their defense sitting at 28th in ypg allowed and offense at 17th and just the way they've played overall and I don't see an 8-2 team.  Assuming they make the playoffs I just don't see a team strong enough to last long.  I feel quite the same about the Vikings and yet they're statistically better than GB in a lot of categories.  
Yup.  The Zebra Riders got help once again.  Rodgers sacked in end zone for safety...wait...there's a flag...oh yeah, roughing the passer.

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/11/watch-ref...ald-mccoy/

I just LOVE the way the talking heads said that it all worked out in the end, because GB failed to score on that drive.  Never mind the fact that Carolina would've gotten 2 points, plus the ball... that one call made a HUGE difference in the outcome of the game: just the way the NFL wants it.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@Ralphie said:
@CLOBIMON said:
I just keep shaking my head that the Packers are 8-2.  They've been gifted a couple games (one for sure), squeaked out a couple...  I just look at their defense sitting at 28th in ypg allowed and offense at 17th and just the way they've played overall and I don't see an 8-2 team.  Assuming they make the playoffs I just don't see a team strong enough to last long.  I feel quite the same about the Vikings and yet they're statistically better than GB in a lot of categories.  
Yup.  The Zebra Riders got help once again.  Rodgers sacked in end zone for safety...wait...there's a flag...oh yeah, roughing the passer.

I just LOVE the way the talking heads said that it all worked out in the end, because GB failed to score on that drive.  Never mind the fact that Carolina would've gotten 2 points, plus the ball... that one call made a HUGE difference in the outcome of the game: just the way the NFL wants it.
Yeah, anytime you change the outcome of a play, you can't assume the rest of the game will flow the way it did.  The Puker punter could shank the punt or it could get blocked or get returned for a TD.  Defenders of Green Bay's "12th man" love to rationalize this away.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@CLOBIMON said:

What in the world is the defense supposed to do?  Have eyes in the side of their helmet to know he just dumped the ball and air brakes to stop in mid air?  Come on ref.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@Ralphie said:
@CLOBIMON said:

where did the safety part come in?  Rogers had gotten rid of the ball IIRC,  the travesty comes in that the BS flag was thrown on 3rd down and bailed out the packers from having to punt out of their own endzone setting up the panthers with a short field.