Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remaining schedules...
The Packers only have 2 "realistic" losses left on their schedule: us and SF.  We have 2 tough games left: GB and Seattle (at Seattle).  It's going to be tough to catch them... but if we beat them, and they also lose one more... and we lose to Seattle, we'll end up with the same record.  Anyone know if we'll have any kind of tie-breakers over them?

EDIT: Nevermind.   As long as the Bears and Lions are playing dreadful (now!)... the tie-breaker will go to the Packers.  They will have a better division record.  That loss to the Bears is going to come back to bite us.

Packers will lose to us, SF, and the Lions.

Quote: @kmillard said:
Packers will lose to us, SF, and the Lions.
If it plays out like that we can all take a sigh of relief.  Plus if it played out like that we've got a legit shot at a bye.  It'd be between whomever in the North, San Fran and New Orleans. 

If the Vikings and Green Bay end up with the same record, isn't the tie breaker who won by more points in the two games against each other?

Seattle has: Home: Vikings, Cardinals, 49ers // Road: 49ers, Eagles, Rams, Panthers.
Rams have: Home: Bears, Ravens, Seahawks, Cardinals // Road: Cardinals, Cowboys, 49ers
N.O. has: Home: Panthers, 49ers, Colts // Road: Bucs, Falcons, Titans, Panthers
Dallas has: Home: Bills, Rams, Redskins  // Road: Lions, Pats, Bears, Eagles
Philly has: Home: Pats, Seahawks, Giants, Cowboys  // Road: Dolphins, Redskins, Giants  (Philly's remaining road schedule is a laugher.)
=========== I did not bother with the 49ers' schedule but they are well represented here. =========
Just going by the remaining schedules, the Vikings and Packers are looking pretty good.  

I just keep shaking my head that the Packers are 8-2.  They've been gifted a couple games (one for sure), squeaked out a couple...  I just look at their defense sitting at 28th in ypg allowed and offense at 17th and just the way they've played overall and I don't see an 8-2 team.  Assuming they make the playoffs I just don't see a team strong enough to last long.  I feel quite the same about the Vikings and yet they're statistically better than GB in a lot of categories.  

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
I just keep shaking my head that the Packers are 8-2.  They've been gifted a couple games (one for sure), squeaked out a couple...  I just look at their defense sitting at 28th in ypg allowed and offense at 17th and just the way they've played overall and I don't see an 8-2 team.  Assuming they make the playoffs I just don't see a team strong enough to last long.  I feel quite the same about the Vikings and yet they're statistically better than GB in a lot of categories.  
Yup.  The Zebra Riders got help once again.  Rodgers sacked in end zone for safety...wait...there's a flag...oh yeah, roughing the passer.

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/11/watch-ref...ald-mccoy/

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
If the Vikings and Green Bay end up with the same record, isn't the tie breaker who won by more points in the two games against each other?
its a little ways down the list.
To Break A Tie Within A DivisionIf, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
Three or More Clubs(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Wow! That coin toss would be a tough way to lose!

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Wow! That coin toss would be a tough way to lose!
I think they should make each teams place kicker play a game of pig but instead of baskets... .field goals,  any where in the stadium,  take turns kicking until somebody has 3 misses.... you think kickers are hated now.. imagine losing that contest