Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: GOT in 2 days the wait is almost over
Quote: @SDCAVIKESFAN said:
My question is how could she not see the iron fleet waiting to ambush from up there?  Then why be in front of those ships so they can hit them.   Burn them from the back where they can't shoot or come straight down on them.
Wow you heard me shout that too? I thought it was just my neighbors.

Unless there were stern mounted ballestras...

Still reeling from Ep 5, happy trails to key players

How in the world will they end it???

No doubt purplefaithfull lots of open mouth disbelieve. Created a lot of cleaning up to do with only one to go.
Hopefully Aaron was swept up...wink wink.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26735...ones-cameo

Seems the critics REALLY hated last night's episode? 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I don't think you'll ever please all, I certainly wasn't...

Not to make excuses, but with only 6 episodes, there just isn't time for the lovely, sublime, slow-building reveals we've enjoyed the last 7 years (and for what GoT has been acclaimed for).

Getting to Dany motives, here's one take:

When she arrives in King’s Landing, she truly believes the people will take up arms against Cersei and welcome her as the rightful heir. They don’t. They surrender, but they aren’t glad to see her, and they don’t fight for her. Maybe her sudden decision to “make it personal” isn’t because Jon rejected her or because the North is about to. Maybe it’s because she’s spent all this time fighting for people she thought should love her, and when she realizes they never will, she’s willing to let their world burn to punish them.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

Not to make excuses, but with only 6 episodes, there just isn't time for the lovely, sublime, slow-building reveals we've enjoyed the last 7 years (and for what GoT has been acclaimed for).

When she arrives in King’s Landing, she truly believes the people will take up arms against Cersei and welcome her as the rightful heir. They don’t. They surrender, but they aren’t glad to see her, and they don’t fight for her. Maybe her sudden decision to “make it personal” isn’t because Jon rejected her or because the North is about to. Maybe it’s because she’s spent all this time fighting for people she thought should love her, and when she realizes they never will, she’s willing to let their world burn to punish them.
Well here's a hint Dany. Hero's ride into town on white horses? 

I replayed the kiss scene with Jon I still don't know her last words to him at the end of the scene. Can't make it out. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

I replayed the kiss scene with Jon I still don't know her last words to him at the end of the scene. Can't make it out. 
Let it be fear.

Quote: @wiviking said:
@suncoastvike said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

Let it be fear.
I thought it was something about being fair.  I read what you're saying. That makes more sense.

I do agree that this season feels rushed. It like after last night there's simply to much mess to clean up in one final episode. There should have been 8 instead of 6 maybe. At least one more. Something like last nights episode then followed by one set up decompression episode then the grand finale. I'm not understanding why today.  It does feel a bit rushed to get out.