Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kavanagh hearing
Pumpf I'm glad you're happy with his little lies.  You dont see the pattern of behavior because you don't want to.  

At the end of the day anyone who lashes out at Dems, Hillary and conspiracy theories working against him with the rage and anger he showed is a guarantee to vote your way and that's what you want.  Do you honestly think he will be impartial, fair, non-partisan - all the things a SCOTUS should be?   Nope but that's not what Republicans want.  Congrats.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
Pumpf I'm glad you're happy with his little lies.  You dont see the pattern of behavior because you don't want to.  

At the end of the day anyone who lashes out at Dems, Hillary and conspiracy theories working against him with the rage and anger he showed is a guarantee to vote your way and that's what you want.  Do you honestly think he will be impartial, fair, non-partisan - all the things a SCOTUS should be?   Nope but that's not what Republicans want.  Congrats.
I am not in favor of this pick, but it is laughable to claim his "rage and anger" show him unfit for the position.  One can only imagine being slandered, having your character assassinated, your family mocked and having to sit quietly while the media and supposedly honorable elected officials drag your name through the mud for political reasons.  It is pretty obvious that he did not assault Ford, that this was all made up held to to last minute to tear him apart. 

So I am glad he showed some emotion.  The left is advocating harassment and criminal behavior towards opponents, but a man angered by slander and false charges is not allowed to respond?  That is hypocrisy.

pumpf cares about abortion. Don't kid yourselves. Again, I'd actually have a lot more respect for pumpf if he'd just come out and say that's more important than Kavanaugh lying, his character, etc. He'll get Roe v Wade overturned and then... I guess that's a good thing for some? God knows I'd love more traffic on the interstate in 16 years...

Quote: @greediron said:

It is pretty obvious that he did not assault Ford, that this was all made up held to to last minute to tear him apart.  
So I am glad he showed some emotion.  The left is advocating harassment and criminal behavior towards opponents, but a man angered by slander and false charges is not allowed to respond?  That is hypocrisy.
It is obvious? I missed that part. Seems pretty credible to me.

I was too busy watching him weasel out of his nicknames and slogans in his yearbook like a dork. Then I was too busy listening to the testimony of so many of his classmates, roommates, etc. coming forward and said the person he's portraying from high school and college is completely fabricated, that he was actually a massive drunk with a temper, who started a bar fight where one of his friends got arrested.

C'mon, man. This is what makes me lose faith in "your" side. These are facts, literal statements from people showing ALL of this. Does this not matter to you guys? You CAN just say, "Eh. I'm a conservative, and I like his values, so I'm willing to overlook that stuff." I swear to you up and down, I'd disagree but I'd at least respect your honesty. But to ignore that stuff and say it's "obvious" he didn't assault Ford... that's just hard to understand. You're kidding yourself or your news source (Fox) is so completely narrow that you're not getting all the facts.

Quote: @KingBash said:
@SFVikeFan said:

pumpf cares about abortion. Don't kid yourselves. Again, I'd actually have a lot more respect for pumpf if he'd just come out and say that's more important than Kavanaugh lying, his character, etc. He'll get Roe v Wade overturned and then... I guess that's a good thing for some? God knows I'd love more traffic on the interstate in 16 years...
So you would respect Kavanaugh more if he were a complete ass and criminal as a youth as long as he admitted it rather than being an upstanding person and not admitting it?

If Kavanaugh lied under oath, he is unfit for the job.  but I have yet to see anything other than people here speculating they know what his scribblings were referring to.  And you would respect Pumpf if he was a hypocrite?  That lying is okay if it gets the right vote?

guess I don't get your logic. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@SFVikeFan said:

I am not in favor of this pick, but it is laughable to claim his "rage and anger" show him unfit for the position.  One can only imagine being slandered, having your character assassinated, your family mocked and having to sit quietly while the media and supposedly honorable elected officials drag your name through the mud for political reasons.  It is pretty obvious that he did not assault Ford, that this was all made up held to to last minute to tear him apart. 

No it's the fact he has a history of bias.  The American Bar Association dropped his rating from " well qualified" to "qualified" due to his bias in his decisions years ago.  And if you think a fiery response attacking other senators like a southern preacher yelling about fire & brimstone is a good fit to be a non-partisan, level headed Scotus judge you're full of shit just because it's your team.

And pumpf moving the goalposts is classic GOP.  Ellison isn't under investigation, oops he is but I dont consider it a real investigation.  Well Kavanaugh lied under oath in a job interview where we are judging his character, but not to worry the little lies under oath dont really count.  This is why your party is so full of hypocrites.  You'll keep moving the measuring sticks and goalposts of truth and decency to fit your own agenda.  But hey, you won.  Glad you're proud that this serial liar is the best your party can do for SCOTUS after electing the same kind of lying POS for POTUS.  Way to raise the bar for your platform of family values.

@greediron said:

It is pretty obvious that he did not assault Ford, that this was all made up held to to last minute to tear him apart.  
It is obvious? I missed that part. Seems pretty credible to me.

I was too busy watching him weasel out of his nicknames and slogans in his yearbook like a dork. Then I was too busy listening to the testimony of so many of his classmates, roommates, etc. coming forward and said the person he's portraying from high school and college is completely fabricated, that he was actually a massive drunk with a temper, who started a bar fight where one of his friends got arrested.

C'mon, man. This is what makes me lose faith in "your" side. These are facts, literal statements from people showing ALL of this. Does this not matter to you guys? You CAN just say, "Eh. I'm a conservative, and I like his values, so I'm willing to overlook that stuff." I swear to you up and down, I'd disagree but I'd at least respect your honesty. But to ignore that stuff and say it's "obvious" he didn't assault Ford... that's just hard to understand. You're kidding yourself or your news source (Fox) is so completely narrow that you're not getting all the facts.
I have a hard time with the yearbook stuff.  Some seems like vulgar stuff, but he denies that.  So yes, it matters and hopefully that isn't glossed over.  I wrote dumb shit in my yearbook and looking back at it am embarrassed by some of it.  But if he lied about it under oath, that is a problem.

But as to Ford, how is she credible?  Nobody, NOBODY has corroborated her testimony, even her friend. Seems she lied under oath about the polygraph.  Seems her legal team withheld information from her and is now in hot water.  Seems that her claim is completely unsubstantiated and without that, why should anyone believe it?  Because you disagree with Kavanaugh politically? 

@greediron said:
@SFVikeFan said:

No it's the fact he has a history of bias.  The American Bar Association dropped his rating from " well qualified" to "qualified" due to his bias in his decisions years ago.  And if you think a fiery response attacking other senators like a southern preacher yelling about fire & brimstone is a good fit to be a non-partisan, level headed Scotus judge you're full of shit just because it's your team.

And pumpf moving the goalposts is classic GOP.  Ellison isn't under investigation, oops he is but I dont consider it a real investigation.  Well Kavanaugh lied under oath in a job interview where we are judging his character, but not to worry the little lies under oath dont really count.  This is why your party is so full of hypocrites.  You'll keep moving the measuring sticks and goalposts of truth and decency to fit your own agenda.  But hey, you won.  Glad you're proud that this serial liar is the best your party can do for SCOTUS after electing the same kind of lying POS for POTUS.  Way to raise the bar for your platform of family values.
Obviously you aren't following.  I don't find him to be a good fit.  Didn't like the pick from day one.  And if he lied under oath, he should be disbarred.  I already said that.

But I am talking the Ford charges.  Speaking of hypocrites and defending rank lies in your own party...  This was a last second character assassination without any basis.  Feinstein should be held in contempt.  What a fraud, acting like she cares about this political football.   And speaking further of hypocrisy, you say that fire and brimstone (hardly fitting to a guy defending his character) is unsuitable for the office.  What about encouraging people to harass and assault people in public and their own homes?  Maxine Waters?  And Doxxing senators while they are in session?  Someone did that, someone that works for a senator or rep.

@Zanary said:

What's interesting to me about all this is that the DNC could have gone after Kavanagh on the issues, including (and especially) the lack of adherence to the 4th amendment and our rights...but they preferred to back a soap opera sponsored by the "#metoo" movement, and the GOP's moronic past with women's issues.
Do you think the DNC would have had any success whatsoever if they just went after him for legitimate issues? That's not how this game is played anymore. I agree, they're all a bunch of shitbags at this point, they've gotta start playing as dirty as the Republicans... which is reprehensible. 
As dirty as the Republicans?  When have they ever done anything like this (character assassination) to any of the Dem's SCOTUS nominees?

What a load of BS.  He lashed out because of the horrific things he was being accused of.  I've seen people on this website get OUTRAGED for far less.  And, I imagine if it was you that was being accused of gang raping high school girls (among other things... with your daughter present) you might be a bit outraged, too.  I don't know how he'll vote on anything- mostly because his actual record has never really been a topic of conversation for the media.  There were alot of assumptions... which John Roberts showed can sometimes turn out to be false.

But, again, it's not about what Kavanaugh has ever done... its about what he might do (which is why the goal-posts keep moving- as you have shown: first he was a rapist... then he was a liar... and now he's unfit because he's an angry partisan).

By the way, Ruth Bader Ginsburg has made some partisan comments in the (not so distant) past.  Have you ever called on her to recuse herself of any of the cases before her?  Uh huh... didn't think so.