Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kavanagh hearing
I don't want to go into whether he or she is telling the truth.  But did any of you watch the $hit show that is is American politics?  Are we really going to read over a 16 year olds yearbook and ask about farting jokes?  Doe it really matter if a guy has a beer from time to time? 

I'm glad I'm not going to the supreme court because I'm sure theres plenty of dirt on me.  It seems the whole world has gone to hell since 9-11

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I don't want to go into whether he or she is telling the truth.  But did any of you watch the $hit show that is is American politics?  Are we really going to read over a 16 year olds yearbook and ask about farting jokes?  Doe it really matter if a guy has a beer from time to time? 

I'm glad I'm not going to the supreme court because I'm sure theres plenty of dirt on me.  It seems the whole world has gone to hell since 9-11
I was wondering yesterday how many of these congressional memebers could hold up to the scrutiny that they hold anybody they have to grill.   I doubt either side would have anybody that wouldnt come back stained.  and honestly who the fuck will want to accept a nomination for anything in the future if ever single aspect of their entire life is going to get ripped to shreds.  there are statutes of limitations for a reason.  yes sexual assault is a horrible thing, but we also know that time distorts the truth and what this lady "remembers" may not actually be how things went down.

it was a disgusting witch hunt and every time the Democrats or hollywood tries to moralize I just roll my eyes.  Bill and Hillary are still at every event and a full part of the party.  disgusting

Hey, I wonder if this thread will divide among party lines? 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:

I was wondering yesterday how many of these congressional memebers could hold up to the scrutiny that they hold anybody they have to grill.   I doubt either side would have anybody that wouldnt come back stained.  and honestly who the fuck will want to accept a nomination for anything in the future if ever single aspect of their entire life is going to get ripped to shreds.  there are statutes of limitations for a reason.  yes sexual assault is a horrible thing, but we also know that time distorts the truth and what this lady "remembers" may not actually be how things went down.
If I heard right in Maryland there isn't a statue of limitations on sexual assault.  What I've read at most if you take everything she said as gospel and didn't believe a single thing he had to say.  He is guilty of a misdemeanor 4th degree assault which the limitation would be over.  He might have gotten community service or some sort of class to teach young people.  It then would have been scrubbed from his record at age 18. 

Of course the "train" of gang rapings accusation would have been much more serious but I don't think even people with blue shade thing that story was true do they?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
It probably will.  The good thing is when he's a Supreme Court Justice and rape and Rowe V. Wade comes up he'll have a unique life experiences to  contribute.  Smile
But on a serious note:  Go to realclearpolitics and look at the polls.  The republicans are going to keep the senate and the house in November.  It doesn't really much matter if they force Kavanaugh through or discard him and get another. 

In the Senate the republicans need to win 3 elections on top of all their safe seats.  

Ted Cruz is up between 1 and 9 depending on which poll you use.  RCP average of +4.5
Hawley will pull MO over McCaskill but if he doesn't theres several other very close ones.
In TN they have us listed as a toss up.  I liver here.  I can tell you without a doubt that Blackburn will win the seat.  We all hate her but we hate her less then Bredesen.  2X the amount of republicans voted vs democrats here in the primary.  We were somewhere in the +25% for Trump range.  TN will stay red.  To put it in football perspective.  The bills have as much chance to win the SB as the Dems do in taking the seat. 

In the house.  If you take all the "likely & leans" seats and add them up for the D's and the R's there are 40 available seats.  Team red has to go 1/40 to maintain the majority house.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Sure it will- but why should it?  The Dems pulled a dirty trick by throwing all this stuff out there at the last second.  Obviously the goal wasn't to get to the truth; it was to delay the hearing.  And then there is Ford's testimony.  If this was a court of law, she'd have been laughed out of it by now.  Although she may be sincere in her feelings, there is nothing to corroborate her testimony.  Even her "witnesses" have denied her testimony.  And then you have a bunch of other people come out of the woodwork- who were very careful to not say that Kavanaugh had done anything- but clearly implying that he had done alot of terrible things.  And then those who couldn't see the clear line of demarcation (between implying and stating) took those implications and ran with them as fact.  What the Dems have done has been nothing short of disgusting, from Feinstein (let's not forget that- somehow- the letter that only she had possession of was released to the public- against Senate rules) to Booker to Harris... to the rest.  It makes me wonder if those folks have any shame at all.  

I would think that every reasonable person would be able to see this sham for what it was.  If that happened, we could move on "together".  But since lots of liberals will take this un-verified accusation as gospel truth (for no other reason than that it helps confirm their pre-existing views of everyone who doesn't think like them), the divide is only going to get worse.  And the GOP will resort to similar tactics in the future- and blame it on the Dems for "doing it first".  Nuclear option ring a bell?  God help the next SCOTUS nomination that comes from a Dem president.

Everyone knows how I feel about Trump. Its not a secret. He's garbage. BUT....there is no doubt this is a freaking witch hunt. When both sides of the spectrum (liberal/conservative) are extreme, its a damn shit show. That was NUTS yesterday and utterly ridiculous. High school?? Are you serious?? It comes down to that liberals don't want a conservative Supreme Court judge and they are going off the fucking deep end. Like looney tunes time. That was a travesty yesterday. 

I can have utter disdain for the current administration, but I can also recognize when the liberal media/Hollywood are losing their minds and being completely unfair, hypocritical and disrespectful. This was one of those times. As I've said many times, both sides of the extreme I have high contempt for. 

Quote: @pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
Sure it will- but why should it?  The Dems pulled a dirty trick by throwing all this stuff out there at the last second.  Obviously the goal wasn't to get to the truth; it was to delay the hearing.  And then there is Ford's testimony.  If this was a court of law, she'd have been laughed out of it by now.  Although she may be sincere in her feelings, there is nothing to corroborate her testimony.  Even her "witnesses" have denied her testimony.  And then you have a bunch of other people come out of the woodwork- who were very careful to not say that Kavanaugh had done anything- but clearly implying that he had done alot of terrible things.  And then those who couldn't see the clear line of demarcation (between implying and stating) took those implications and ran with them as fact.  What the Dems have done has been nothing short of disgusting, from Feinstein (let's not forget that- somehow- the letter that only she had possession of was released to the public- against Senate rules) to Booker to Harris... to the rest.  It makes me wonder if those folks have any shame at all.  

I would think that every reasonable person would be able to see this sham for what it was.  If that happened, we could move on "together".  But since lots of liberals will take this un-verified accusation as gospel truth (for no other reason than that it helps confirm their pre-existing views of everyone who doesn't think like them), the divide is only going to get worse.  And the GOP will resort to similar tactics in the future- and blame it on the Dems for "doing it first".  Nuclear option ring a bell?  God help the next SCOTUS nomination that comes from a Dem president.
The key for me in all this was brought up by the lady prosecutor yesterday.  She asked if Feinstein or whomoever recommended a forensic interview.  Nope.  They didn't care one shit about this woman, just that they could use this to grandstand and make political points.

I am not keen on the republicans in politics, but what the dems will stoop to is pretty amazing.

How about we put every political candidate to a similar
level of scrutiny (not quite the right word?) 
If you can’t pass a super deep dive into your background, where all your
dirty deeds are put on public display, you don’t get on the ballot in the first
place.  We need to get to a point where
we aren’t choosing between Corrupt Team Red Candidate and Corrupt Team Blue
Candidate.  Maybe we need a preprimary,
where we all get to vote on every candidate about whether they are too
corrupt/dirty to even make it on the ballot, so that we’re ensured that
regardless of who wins, we’re not ashamed of them.