Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follow the Science
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
There seems to be more dissension among health care experts about this booster than there was with the shot or other prior treatments,  I dont see the booster being nearly as accepted as even the first round doses of the jabs.
I think its really just this: 'Advisers to CDC said boosters should be offered to people 65 and older, nursing home residents and those ages 50 to 64 who have risky underlying health problems.' 

Of course you're going to have those that have been freaking out during COVID, wanting to be the first in line for the booster regardless of age. Some that are pushing hard for the boosters for everyone, when I don't think that is at all necessary. I'd really just settle for more people being vaccinated in the first place, let's focus on that. The booster shot is meant for the people that most at risk and those are the people that will be taking it. But of course the media is running with this like if people don't get booster shots, civilization will end. 

My wife just won't turn off the news and it gets her worked up. She's a very smart and sophisticated person and she still gets caught up in the drama. TURN OFF THE F#$%ING NEWS PEOPLE. Your blood pressure will go down and life will seem much brighter.

Good advice for people on both sides of this issue.   Time to just live our lives and move on.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
There seems to be more dissension among health care experts about this booster than there was with the shot or other prior treatments,  I dont see the booster being nearly as accepted as even the first round doses of the jabs.
I think its really just this: 'Advisers to CDC said boosters should be offered to people 65 and older, nursing home residents and those ages 50 to 64 who have risky underlying health problems.' 

Of course you're going to have those that have been freaking out during COVID, wanting to be the first in line for the booster regardless of age. Some that are pushing hard for the boosters for everyone, when I don't think that is at all necessary. I'd really just settle for more people being vaccinated in the first place, let's focus on that. The booster shot is meant for the people that most at risk and those are the people that will be taking it. But of course the media is running with this like if people don't get booster shots, civilization will end. 

My wife just won't turn off the news and it gets her worked up. She's a very smart and sophisticated person and she still gets caught up in the drama. TURN OFF THE F#$%ING NEWS PEOPLE. Your blood pressure will go down and life will seem much brighter.

The old adage, they don't need to control what we think, they just control what we think about.

Amen Sticky, amen.  

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Thats a big Meh Savvie...

US/Aussies/G.Britain are being GLOBALISTS and forming an alliance against China. You know, the folks who brought us the China flu 
Whoah, ho!  PROGRESS! (Just don't call it the Wu-flu/Kung-flu, right?  Might stimulate a back-lash when Asian golfers visit the southern US/AmeriKa Wink
Is this an admission that the Kung-Flu snuck out of a gain-of-function Chinese lab, that went over a Bridge-Too-Far-Over-the-River-Kwai? Wink
  • So the French are our oldest ally. 
  • This was the first time, (EVER), France has pulled an ambassador to the US. 
  • A recall of ambassadors is highly unusual between allied countries. 
And after the Afghanistan debacle....."Europe has soured". 
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58416848

Germany:  "The German deployment in Afghanistan was its first major combat mission since World War II, so the frustration at how it ended runs deep. Armin Laschet, Germany's conservative candidate for chancellor ahead of elections later this month, called the US withdrawal "the greatest debacle that Nato has experienced since its foundation".

Czechoslavakia: Czech President Milos Zeman labelled it "cowardice", adding that "the Americans have lost the prestige of a global leader".

Sweden: "Expectations were very high when Joe Biden came in - probably too high, they were unrealistic," Carl Bildt, Sweden's former Prime Minister, told the BBC. "His 'America is back' suggested a golden age in our relations. But it didn't happen and there's been a shift in a fairly short period of time. The complete lack of consultations over the withdrawal has left a scar."