Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So many questions in Charlottesville...
But the Left is the Leadership in ending Racism right?  or only when its a chance to look good politically??   AHHHHHH  Short memories by the Left supporters is a great thing

http://www.yesimright.com/i-think-hillar...f-the-kkk/

Quote: @Vikes45 said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Vikes45 said:
@Caactorvike said:
@greediron said:
I think the roots go much further back, but I agree with your last paragraph.  We are a part of the mess and how we interact definitely affects the outcome. 

I was no fan of Trump and saw some hints of incendiary tactics/language in his early campaign.  Once he was elected, I hoped he could do some good.   I think he has done some good, but it is often hidden or partially negated by his crassness and argumentative nature.

As to the current situation in Charlottesville, part of the responsibility is also on the media who love to whip up the anger and unhappiness for the sake of clicks/$s.  Nothing sells like anger and hatred.  They have been driving the divide for quite some time now and are a huge factor.
utter and complete bullshit.  the anger and unhappiness you mention was on full display and needed no "whipping up" by the media.  dont blame the messenger.  You "hoped he could do some good"?????? just exactly on what did you base that hope?  Surely not on his past statements and behavior. His father was arrested at a Klan rally.  He paid a huge fine for racist housing practices.  he was the instigator behind that birther bullshit.  He claimed not to know who David Duke was or what he stood for.  He called out the  "many sides" involved.  there is no other side.    if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...
 i can think of nothing he has done but weaken this county in the eyes of the world and fuel the racial animus that has was waiting to step into the sun.  His senior advisors are Bannon, Gorka, and Miller.  lie down with dogs and wake up with fleas.  or ( to continue the animal metaphor) birds of a feather....

You honestly believe the media is not in this for the money?  Here's a video that keeps getting taken down because it pretty much sums up what happened in Charlottesville.  The White Nationalist idiots were not all in the wrong.

Nationalist idiots are all ways wrong.

If you fly a Nazi flag or a confederate flag, you support a group of losers.  They literally got there ass kicked by the US.
So it's your opinion they should not be allowed to march or have the right to speech?  Just to be clear.
You are correct, it is my opinion that those two flags should not be allowed to fly, because of what they represent.

Now I do understand that just like the Westboro Baptist Church gets to Voice their worthless opinion, so do these tiki torch carrying white nationalists.

Just to be clear.

Quote: @"Viking Bob" said:
[Image: 20842284_10209484990071258_8821616177513...e=5A30C7AE]
So we're ok with this fake news?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
The most liked Tweet in history on the heels of Charlottsville...

View image on Twitter 
Ah...remember leadership?
that leadership that had led us to this point?  this wasnt trumps doing,  it was obamas refusal to call out dumb fucks regardless of race or religion that has brought us to this point,  instead he created martyrs out of criminals and hate criminals out of honest people doing their jobs.  i wont say that Trump is any better on making good decisions,  but lets not get confused on what led things to this point.  this is squarely as much on obama as it is on the white power dumb asses.
I will give Obama credit for the economy wave that Trump is riding. I will give my 401k a kiss from the "trump bump"

But if we want to get really real about this, the mess we find ourselves in politically in the globe can be traced all the way back to Bush's, Clintons as well...

Or Kennedy, or Lincoln? Right? No, I would argue that this has been going on forever and presidents and public policy have little to do with it. Sure, civil rights, brown vs. board, etc. All of those things had a big impact. But I'd say the reason it's so bad now is partisan media (the echo chamber). Our current climate comes from bad cops, angry blacks, ignorant whites, and partisan and social media providing a forum to stir it all up. The economy, whether you're thriving in it or struggling in it, will never turn one into an extremist. 
it wasnt a bad cop that shot an aggressive black man in st louis that created riots,  it wasnt a bad cop that killed a thug kid in FL,  its not bad cops,  its bad politicians that refuse to put the blame where it lies and then to take it even further and side with those on the wrong side of the law or decency.

lets leave the cops out of it, its not a cop issue,  very very rarely can this be put solely on a cop.  

how about we add angry whites, ignorant blacks to the list of those to blame as well?

in a way I agree with Trumps assessment that there are good people on both sides of the Charlottesville issue,( I wouldnt have put it out there that way immediately following a tragedy like they had)  ( and there are bad on both side.)  there are good white people that really have no ill will towards others,  but are getting angry with how biased the media and the system are becoming and the general direction of our country to a welfare state and they have had their leaders backs turned to them.  they are taxpayers and they want somebody to carry their message.  (they picked the wrong people yes)  but I believe that the vast majority of conservative dont harbor ill will towards their fellow man.  Just as there is legit shit in the black brown red yellow communities that needs to be addressed and the majority of the people from those areas are good people and just want their voice heard so they side with who they see making noise from their neighborhoods (again picking the wrong people)

Ive said it before and I will say it again,  until strong leadership (non politically motivated) can rise up within these fighting factions and gain the respect of their people,  and also get their people in line ( ala MLK)( I wish I had a modern white guy but I cant really think of one)  but somebody that will get the masses in line and represent their people and lead their people in working with others...then we can end this,  I just dont believe that there will be one person to unite us all until its to late and then there will be far less people to unite.

But the Left is the Leadership in ending Racism right?  or only when its a chance to look good politically??   AHHHHHH  Short memories by the Left supporters is a great thing

http://www.yesimright.com/i-think-hillar...f-the-kkk/
selective memory is hardly a trait unique to the left.  plenty of selective memory for the conservative right as well.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
Ah...remember leadership?
that leadership that had led us to this point?  this wasnt trumps doing,  it was obamas refusal to call out dumb fucks regardless of race or religion that has brought us to this point,  instead he created martyrs out of criminals and hate criminals out of honest people doing their jobs.  i wont say that Trump is any better on making good decisions,  but lets not get confused on what led things to this point.  this is squarely as much on obama as it is on the white power dumb asses.
Yup.  Obama certainly gets credit for deepening the racial divide.  His mishandling of so many issues was a great recruiting tool for hate mongers.
Social media has also played its part.

Just curious, when are we destroying the MLK statues, as he was against gay marriage and Jews?? 

an attack in Spain, another one stopped, and today an attack in Finland! Man, White people are the Devil

an attack in Spain, another one stopped, and today an attack in Finland! Man, White people are the Devil
ahem,  dont confuse religion and skin color....plenty of black Christians and ive seen quite a few Muslims that are as white as you.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"Viking Bob" said:
ahem,  dont confuse religion and skin color....plenty of black Christians and ive seen quite a few Muslims that are as white as you.
Here in America, straight white Christian males are are Devil, just like all the other countries that are being over run by trash that want to kill us all,   MLK was against same sex marriage and jews, when are we destroying his statues?  If people can't see that they are being brainwashed by the Left, especially by tv, look at every night time talk show host Colbert, Fallen, Kimmel, Corden, Myers, EVERY one of their monologues starts with bashing Trump, yet Leno was told he would be fired if he didnt stop with the Obama jokes, nothing like losing free speech AND free thought in America anymore. The Confederate Flag, Dukes of Hazzard, most of the Three Stooges episodes, cartoons and so on are all racist unless you make fun of whites....  Lets change and "make-up" a brand new history too!!  lets have the Government run the entire Earth as one, and they have all the guns and power and will give us what we need based upon their genius!! lets give them FULL POWER over our lives, I mean what could go wrong???   I mean if you look past England, France, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Finland and the other "White" countries.  I don't see anyone calling China, Japan, South America racist??  Just tired of the Bullshit and lies to achieve political power on the left and having it funded by Soros, one of the biggest racists ever!!