Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: GOT in 2 days the wait is almost over
I gotta say: whoever is the Dragon Queen's offensive coordinator... they should be fired.  Their defensive coordinator didn't do much better in the previous battle.  If not for Arya, they'd have already lost: despite having access to fire from above... big walls... and dragon-stone weapons.  

Quote: @pumpf said:
I gotta say: whoever is the Dragon Queen's offensive coordinator... they should be fired.  Their defensive coordinator didn't do much better in the previous battle.  If not for Arya, they'd have already lost: despite having access to fire from above... big walls... and dragon-stone weapons.  
Yeah but now they can't even punt.  Only 2 episodes left. 2:00 minute warning. She wouldn't listen to her coordinators anyhow. Should at least call a time out and give them a chance to regroup and take fluids. Who's getting the Dragonade shower? Not long now till we'll know.

I have no idea how this is going to end...So many ways it can still go.

On one hand they appear to have boxed themselves into a corner with the storyline and I'll be disappointed if there is no twist in plot. 

Something tells me we haven't heard the last from Bronn...I think he's going to play a big role b4 this is finished. 

Does everyone think the quality is still high in S8? I loved this show for at least the first 6 seasons, mostly favorable in S7 as well, but now it just feels like the writers are tired of it / moved on to planning the prequels / not sure how to conclude / all of the above. This series was great for its character development, interesting dialogue, and complex plotting, but in ep. 3 there was hardly any conversation - rush, stab, run, run, run, stab, look around silently.
Yeah, I was thrilled to see Arya finally strike, but she ran around scared for 3/4 of the episode like she was still a kid in Kings' Landing, then the Red Witch reminds her...seriously, someone had to remind Arya she was an assassin???

Well they were all fighting against an army of the dead and some of the dead that they had been talking to just hours before so yeah. I am sure I’d have been shitting my pants. Hell The Hound lost his shit at just the sight of fire.

I think the Knight King made a huge mistake bringing in the poor visibility. How did she sneak up passed the army of the dead? Fighting in the dark was how she was trained. I think it finally took the Red Witch to remind her of what she used to fear but is now an asset. The show has evolved. Mostly the kids just grew up. Bran has actually become the one who annoys me most. All the emotions of a Vulcan on quaaludes.

I foresee Arya & Clegane vs Ceresi & The Mountain lol!

My question is how could she not see the iron fleet waiting to ambush from up there?  Then why be in front of those ships so they can hit them.   Burn them from the back where they can't shoot or come straight down on them.

Quote: @SDCAVIKESFAN said:
My question is how could she not see the iron fleet waiting to ambush from up there?  Then why be in front of those ships so they can hit them.   Burn them from the back where they can't shoot or come straight down on them.
THANK YOU!  Of all the criticisms I've heard so far- that's the one that has been on my mind (that no one has mentioned).

Quote: @SDCAVIKESFAN said:

And why just fly straight at them, exposing herself and dragon, but not burn them up (or try)? Was Drogon out of flame fuel or something?
Jon is still on the road and Danerys is being goaded into attack by Cersei. Looks like they will destroy each other and then Jon is King by default.
My actual hope for a while has been that the Iron Throne is destroyed and the entire question of "Who will sit on the throne?" goes away.