Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strib: Clock is ticking on Cousins
Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
Odds are low that Mond becomes the heir to the starting QB position. But it is good to see ownership looking to the future; something the GM and coaches may be less likely to do.

Looking at Jefferson's recent quote, "Kirk and Joe throw similar balls. They're not the strongest-armed, but they're going to get it to you exactly where you need them to throw it. But the thing about Joe that's a little bit different...I feel like Joe has a little more swagger. He has that confidence on the field, and he's not scared to get hit. I feel like as a quarterback, that's a big trait to have. Especially to be as young as he is. He's a phenomenal quarterback.". I have to point out that may be why Kirk played all year and Joe only played a few games. At least it seems like a salient point to me!

My expectation for this season is a Viking team with a very potent offense and an improved defense and special teams.
There are always a lot of ifs, but if the defense can come back to form, this team appears to have true potential to be a contender. And I expect Cousins to have a very good year. 
Keep in mind that Jefferson and Burrow won a national championship together, they are close. Its not surprising. And discounting Cousins toughness is silly, IMO. Does he lack a little swagger. Yep. But its not his nature. But he's an ironman at QB, when's the last time he got hurt? He's also taken some good hits and been under a bunch of pressure. Burrow hasn't won shit yet. And he's already had a big injury. I like the kid, but let's watch him play some games for a bit. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
Odds are low that Mond becomes the heir to the starting QB position. But it is good to see ownership looking to the future; something the GM and coaches may be less likely to do.

Looking at Jefferson's recent quote, "Kirk and Joe throw similar balls. They're not the strongest-armed, but they're going to get it to you exactly where you need them to throw it. But the thing about Joe that's a little bit different...I feel like Joe has a little more swagger. He has that confidence on the field, and he's not scared to get hit. I feel like as a quarterback, that's a big trait to have. Especially to be as young as he is. He's a phenomenal quarterback.". I have to point out that may be why Kirk played all year and Joe only played a few games. At least it seems like a salient point to me!

My expectation for this season is a Viking team with a very potent offense and an improved defense and special teams.
There are always a lot of ifs, but if the defense can come back to form, this team appears to have true potential to be a contender. And I expect Cousins to have a very good year. 
Keep in mind that Jefferson and Burrow won a national championship together, they are close. Its not surprising. And discounting Cousins toughness is silly, IMO. Does he lack a little swagger. Yep. But its not his nature. But he's an ironman at QB, when's the last time he got hurt? He's also taken some good hits and been under a bunch of pressure. Burrow hasn't won shit yet. And he's already had a big injury. I like the kid, but let's watch him play some games for a bit. 
Theres no greater ability than availability....