Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strib: Clock is ticking on Cousins

Let's wait to see if he can even win the QB2 job before we starting talking about clocks ticking. Personally, I think Cousins gets a new contract. 

Would it be awesome if Mond could replace Cousins in two years and be as effective? Yes. Is it likely? Better odds than Kate Upton sitting on my face, but not by much.

I can be quite charming.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Let's wait to see if he can even win the QB2 job before we starting talking about clocks ticking. Personally, I think Cousins gets a new contract. 
Agreed. Way too early for this, but again, the media whether its sports or not, loves to create stories where there are none.

As far as Cousins getting a new contract, the team is going to have to get to a NFCC game either this year or next for that to happen. In fact, without a good year THIS upcoming season, the Vikings might draft a QB in round 1 if they feel Mond isn't the guy. Mond is no lock for anything, but lets take it baby steps and hope he can hands down take the #2 spot, which given the competition, should happen. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Agreed. Way too early for this, but again, the media whether its sports or not, loves to create stories where there are none.

As far as Cousins getting a new contract, the team is going to have to get to a NFCC game either this year or next for that to happen. In fact, without a good year THIS upcoming season, the Vikings might draft a QB in round 1 if they feel Mond isn't the guy. Mond is no lock for anything, but lets take it baby steps and hope he can hands down take the #2 spot, which given the competition, should happen. 
Early take on the 22 QB draft class is tepid. But there's a half dozen guys who could rapidly turn that around with a good season. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Early take on the 22 QB draft class is tepid. But there's a half dozen guys who could rapidly turn that around with a good season. 
And a p.s. to my earlier post: I like Cousins. I look forward to seeing what Cousins can do with an improved O-line. He's been VERY good as a Viking statistically and last year's defense was putrid. 

I didn't read the article, but the headline is accurate.  The clock IS ticking on Cousins.  If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this season, I don't think he'll be here past the end of his current deal.  One playoff appearance isn't going to cut it.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
I didn't read the article, but the headline is accurate.  The clock IS ticking on Cousins.  If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this season, I don't think he'll be here past the end of his current deal.  One playoff appearance isn't going to cut it.
I think it'll take more than just a playoff appearance. Winning at least a game or two has to be the bar.

It is ticking though. He is not a long-term plan. He has more OL help now. It's time for results. Here's hoping things work out.

My hope for an improved KC is buoyed as much by the D as it is Darrisaw.