Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So many questions in Charlottesville...

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book
rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street
building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process
is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped.
Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always
right.”

George Orwell,

in light of the college professor from Arkansas that was mis-identified as being in attendance at the rally,  and the swift fallout of the witch hunt that is gaining popularity in identifying these white supremacy ass monkeys ( my apologies to monkeys everywhere) I certainly hope that as this situation unfold that we dont see a reverse situation of the KKK and other groups hunting down their "enemies" in years gone by and leaving a wake of death and violence in their path.  

in todays social climate and with the social media and other shit disseminating false information or half truths I can very easily see retribution going badly by targeting innocent people falsely identified.   As whipped up as both sides of the coin are getting,  this shit needs some calming voices, not more people spewing hatred at either side IMO.  are the kkk type disgusting,  absolutely,  but does screaming at them solve anything?  Not a chance.  If there was ever a time to turn our backs and walk away it is now.  freeze them out,  dont publicize their pleas, rallies, and other shit.  make them invisible and dont sensationalize their message to those that are feeling like they need a sense of belonging.  IMO that is why ISIS has grown to the extent that it has.  fight evil behind the scenes,  not in the spotlight.

The most liked Tweet in history on the heels of Charlottsville...

View image on Twitter 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
in light of the college professor from Arkansas that was mis-identified as being in attendance at the rally,  and the swift fallout of the witch hunt that is gaining popularity in identifying these white supremacy ass monkeys ( my apologies to monkeys everywhere) I certainly hope that as this situation unfold that we dont see a reverse situation of the KKK and other groups hunting down their "enemies" in years gone by and leaving a wake of death and violence in their path.  

in todays social climate and with the social media and other shit disseminating false information or half truths I can very easily see retribution going badly by targeting innocent people falsely identified.   As whipped up as both sides of the coin are getting,  this shit needs some calming voices, not more people spewing hatred at either side IMO.  are the kkk type disgusting,  absolutely,  but does screaming at them solve anything?  Not a chance.  If there was ever a time to turn our backs and walk away it is now.  freeze them out,  dont publicize their pleas, rallies, and other shit.  make them invisible and dont sensationalize their message to those that are feeling like they need a sense of belonging.  IMO that is why ISIS has grown to the extent that it has.  fight evil behind the scenes,  not in the spotlight.
Haters need to be called out. Good people everywhere need to stand up to it and shine a light on it. However, if you do that, you absolutely CANNOT make a mistake.

I've been saying this for years, but I think the best way to take away their power is to make fun of them. When you fear them or fight them, you give them what they want. And that's enormously appealing to aimless kids desperately needing to feel like they are part of something powerful. And so their ranks grow. Same with ISIS. 

But let's speak the truth here: these are some of the biggest idiots in the world. I mean completely pathetic losers who probably haven't been laid in years. They should be mocked and ridiculed. There is a movement in Germany that is doing this very thing with some success. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

View image on Twitter 
Ah...remember leadership?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

View image on Twitter 
That wasn't leadership.... it is the cause of all the hatred around the world, you just refuse to see it

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

View image on Twitter 
that leadership that had led us to this point?  this wasnt trumps doing,  it was obamas refusal to call out dumb fucks regardless of race or religion that has brought us to this point,  instead he created martyrs out of criminals and hate criminals out of honest people doing their jobs.  i wont say that Trump is any better on making good decisions,  but lets not get confused on what led things to this point.  this is squarely as much on obama as it is on the white power dumb asses.

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

View image on Twitter 
that leadership that had led us to this point?  this wasnt trumps doing,  it was obamas refusal to call out dumb fucks regardless of race or religion that has brought us to this point,  instead he created martyrs out of criminals and hate criminals out of honest people doing their jobs.  i wont say that Trump is any better on making good decisions,  but lets not get confused on what led things to this point.  this is squarely as much on obama as it is on the white power dumb asses.
I will give Obama credit for the economy wave that Trump is riding. I will give my 401k a kiss from the "trump bump"

But if we want to get really real about this, the mess we find ourselves in politically in the globe can be traced all the way back to Bush's, Clintons...

@"MaroonBells" said:
Yup.  Obama certainly gets credit for deepening the racial divide.  His mishandling of so many issues was a great recruiting tool for hate mongers.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

View image on Twitter 
I will give Obama credit for the economy wave that Trump is riding. I will give my 401k a kiss from the "trump bump"

But if we want to get really real about this, the mess we find ourselves in politically in the globe can be traced all the way back to Bush's, Clintons as well...

Or Kennedy, or Lincoln? Right? No, I would argue that this has been going on forever and presidents and public policy have little to do with it. Sure, civil rights, brown vs. board, etc. All of those things had a big impact. But I'd say the reason it's so bad now is partisan media (the echo chamber). Our current climate comes from bad cops, angry blacks, ignorant whites, and partisan and social media providing a forum to stir it all up. The economy, whether you're thriving in it or struggling in it, will never turn one into an extremist.