Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins has regressed?
I am now in the camp (after years of defending both) that Zimmer and Speilman need to go.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@SFVikeFan said:
O-line is a separate issue, separate topic.

When Cousins had a clean pocket, clear view, he overshot Thielen.  I can think of other plays where the pocket was clean and he ran out of it.  

For $84 million, when you have a clean pocket and a guy open, those are the throws I expect him to hit.
I dont think so,  a shit OL creates shit QB play.  just because the beatings are constant doenst mean they dont have a negative affect on nearly every play.  That OL needs to improve by a long ways before KC should be expected to be comfortable in any pocket they create.
Kirk was responsible for most of his own beatings yesterday.  I remember Reiff getting beat by Mack once and Elf getting tossed aside on a swim.  Other than that, most of the sacks were Cousins holding the ball too long.  Often on 3 step drops.
Even if true how do you respond to Zimmer saying he needs to hold it longer?  In that game vs that defense?
That's Zimmer's anti-media defense mechanism. He's one of the most defensive coaches in the NFL. And not just in terms of Xs and Os. I wrote a thing on this after his bewildering Sloter comments, but he loves to point out how wrong fans and media are. Oh you think he held the ball too long? I say there were times when he got rid of it too quickly. So there. This kind of petulance is one of his most annoying characteristics. 
I think what he meant was on certain plays he got rid of it too soon but he was getting pounded so that may be partially why.
As for Sloter, the Jets brought back Luke Falk when Darnold got mono and the Steelers re-signed Devlin Hodges (yes that Devlin Hodges) rather than sign Sloter off the Cardinals PS.
I hope Sloter one day manages to make it to a 53 man roster and be a backup QB.  He would make some good money doing that.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@SFVikeFan said:
O-line is a separate issue, separate topic.

When Cousins had a clean pocket, clear view, he overshot Thielen.  I can think of other plays where the pocket was clean and he ran out of it.  

For $84 million, when you have a clean pocket and a guy open, those are the throws I expect him to hit.
I dont think so,  a shit OL creates shit QB play.  just because the beatings are constant doenst mean they dont have a negative affect on nearly every play.  That OL needs to improve by a long ways before KC should be expected to be comfortable in any pocket they create.
Oh I agree to an extent, but Russell Wilson has an O-line worse than ours yet still makes throws and scores points.
Because teams have to play the pass, no team has to play the pass against the Vikings, take away the run and rush the passer.  They aren't scared because they only have to cover 2 wrs and a slow ass TE.

Spread the defense out make them honor the pass.

Quote: @muydnbejydk said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@StickyBun said:
He never looked as bad last year as he does this year. I really don't know what to make of it. His lack of mobility is such a hinderance sometimes. The offensive line is still lacking in pass protection. So many good athletes on D today I think an important part of a modern day NFL QB is escapability. A few guys like Brees, Brady and Rivers aren't mobile but they are Hall of Famers. They are franchise guys that know what to do when protections breaks down and you won't see their likes again in the NFL. The new guard is mobile almost to a man.

Not even halfway thru his contract and the team is stuck. He had guys open downfield and either didn't see them or couldn't hit them.
I'm not a huge cousins fan, but that's all on Zimmer.

It all starts with keeping 4Wrs on the 53, he doesn't want to throw the ball, he wants to run it.  So he hangs his qb out to dry.

This I don't get. How would Cousins be better if the Vikings had 5 WRs on the 53? B)

I don't know if Cousins would be helped, but maybe the OC would have options at the position.  Now they got 4 receiving threats, Diggs, Theilen, Cooks and Smith.

Why keep 4rbs and 4TEs? Did any other teams make a move like that.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@muydnbejydk said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@StickyBun said:
He never looked as bad last year as he does this year. I really don't know what to make of it. His lack of mobility is such a hinderance sometimes. The offensive line is still lacking in pass protection. So many good athletes on D today I think an important part of a modern day NFL QB is escapability. A few guys like Brees, Brady and Rivers aren't mobile but they are Hall of Famers. They are franchise guys that know what to do when protections breaks down and you won't see their likes again in the NFL. The new guard is mobile almost to a man.

Not even halfway thru his contract and the team is stuck. He had guys open downfield and either didn't see them or couldn't hit them.

It all starts with keeping 4Wrs on the 53, he doesn't want to throw the ball, he wants to run it.  So he hangs his qb out to dry.

This I don't get. How would Cousins be better if the Vikings had 5 WRs on the 53? B)

I don't know if Cousins would be helped, but maybe the OC would have options at the position.  Now they got 4 receiving threats, Diggs, Theilen, Cooks and Smith.

the redskins last did it in 1982

Quote: @kmillard said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@muydnbejydk said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@StickyBun said:

the redskins last did it in 1982
Sounds about right.

Kirk Cousins: Teammates' frustration 'understandable'
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...rstandable

Regressed or stayed the same?

I think the more accurate statement is that he is even worse than he was last year.  

I wish Cousins had less of this attitude:

[Image: tenor.gif]

And more of this attitude:

[Image: giphy.gif]

But that's not Kirk Cousins.

Quote: @StickyBun said:

[Image: tenor.gif]

Funny, I thought this was in reference to Diggs...