Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins has regressed?
He never looked as bad last year as he does this year. I really don't know what to make of it. His lack of mobility is such a hinderance sometimes. The offensive line is still lacking in pass protection. So many good athletes on D today I think an important part of a modern day NFL QB is escapability. A few guys like Brees, Brady and Rivers aren't mobile but they are Hall of Famers. They are franchise guys that know what to do when protections breaks down and you won't see their likes again in the NFL. The new guard is mobile almost to a man.

Not even halfway thru his contract and the team is stuck. He had guys open downfield and either didn't see them or couldn't hit them.

Im reading where some Bear players said they used Zimmer's quotes about Chicago not being that tough to play as motivation. 

Yes he has. He learnt his second system and they were trying to fix some of his issues. That has resulted in overthinking and doubt (after reading that it felt like I was talking about a rookie QB).
Anyway, we dont see how good he is at practice and how "great" he is doing "other" qb stuff. So the games are just an aberration. He is great and progressing nicely. (sarcasm).

Sadly we are stuck with his worthless butt for another year.  We will go no where with Kirk at the helm.  He does not have that it factor at all.   We have to draft a QB and throw him out there next year by mid season.  

I'll be supernova pissed if this organization does not take a QB high in next year's Draft. 

He looked just like the KC that played the Bears last season.  No better, no worse.

He is who we thought he is.

I am putting about half on play calling and OL play,  we know he can make all the throws,  we know that he can play the position,  but once again our QB has lost confidence in his protection and that is leading to running through his progressions to quickly and rushing his throws or just flat out bailing out of plays.  KC needs to get his shit wired a little tighter,  but as much as he is getting hit,  I cant blame him for not being comfortable back there.   

I havent seen the numbers from yesterdays pass plays (hits, sacks, rushes etc)  but he seemed to be under duress on well over half the drop backs.... and if an OL can pass protect they damn well better be able to run black and that was a joke yesterday as well.

The Capt'n is shell shocked, he can make all the throws.

I would be too playing behind Elflein and Reiff. Bradbury has not been good at pass pro. 

Disappointing is all I can say -- even going into the season never expecting to win at Lamblow or Soldier Field. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
The Capt'n is shell shocked, he can make all the throws.

I would be too playing behind Elflein and Reiff. Bradbury has not been good at pass pro. 

Disappointing is all I can say -- even going into the season never expecting to win at Lamblow or Soldier Field. 
I think every member of the OL should be buying Kirk some sort of gift today as none of them earned their game check anymore than he did.