Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me? Not happy.
Quote: @rf54 said:
Show me the huge mistake that was made moving from 87 to 102;  remember Kwesi said they would have taken Blackmon at 87 if they made the pick...
87. San Francisco 49ers (from MIN) – Ji’Ayir Brown, S, Penn State
88. Jacksonville Jaguars – Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn
89. Los Angeles Rams (from NYG) – Kobie Turner, DT, Wake Forest
90. Dallas Cowboys – DeMarvion Overshown, LB, Texas
91. Buffalo Bills – Dorian Williams, LB, Tulane
92. Kansas City Chiefs (from CIN) – Wanya Morris, OT, Oklahoma
93. Pittsburgh Steelers (from SF through CAR) – Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
94. Arizona Cardinals (from PHI) – Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford
95. Cincinnati Bengals (from KC) – Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
96. Detroit Lions (from AZ) * – Brodric Martin, DT, Western Kentucky
97. Washington Commanders * – Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas
98. Cleveland Browns * – Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor
99. San Francisco 49ers * – Jake Moody, K, Michigan
100. Las Vegas Raiders (from KC through NYG) * – Tre Tucker, WR, Cincinnati 
101. San Francisco 49ers * – Cameron Latu, TE, Alabama
we could always use a good kicker...

Show me the huge mistake that was made moving from 87 to 102;  remember Kwesi said they would have taken Blackmon at 87 if they made the pick...
I wouldn't have been upset if we took IKA at the end of the third. To actually have someone who can be a big bodied anchor in the middle and shut down our porous run defense wouldn't be a bad thing. Especially if Flores could improve his technique at rushing the passer. Adebawore and Brooks were still on the board when we selected Blackmon which would have been my choice. Blackmon was a reach. If Kwesi is such a believer in analytics, he must have misread the draft projections that had him as a 5th or 6th round prospect.  

remember Kwesi said they would have taken Blackmon at 87 if they made the pick...
Frankly, I really doubt Kwesi would have said that the trade down made the Vikings miss a couple of prospects that they would have taken over Blackmon.  Just sayin' 

Have you ever heard a GM say they missed out on someone because of a trade down?

It's official, I miss Spelly whom I always defended.  We all know he couldn't find us a franchise QB but last year's 13-3 team was built by him.  Although we were a paper tiger in the playoffs.  

I really wish we kept Spelly and still hired KOC.  We really don't have time for a new GM to find his footing.

The best thing Kwesi has done so far has been the Hock trade.  Other than that, not good IMO.  D Smith wanted to come here to get back at GB and now he wants out and it looks like we aren't going to get any value for Cook.  

This looks like a franchise heading backwards right now when GB has come back to earth of no HOF QB.  The Division is ripe for the pickings but to me it does not look like we are taking the mantle at all.  

Blackmon is a good pick in my opinion. His draft ranking made no sense based on his production and capability. Age and size hurt him, despite elite production in both pass defense and run defense. I liked Kobie Turner and Ika from that group, but I definitely liked Blackmon more.

This Jay Ward pick is bizarre though. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Riphawkins said:
I think that’s where I’m at. Hell I had a heart artack a yaer ago, A 3 year or 5 year rebuild might do me in.
But seriously, I dont want to sit through a few years of crap to hopefully/maybe get back to where they are right now.
Nothing is guaranteed, but I thought last season was extremely fun. I’ll take that over doing a complete rebuild.

I’d like them to sign Cousins for 5 years, shore up the defense and win a lot more games than they lose, and hopwfully a super bowl gets thrown in there along the way.
Agree. On one hand I'm happy they didn't take a QB. I still think our most likely route to a championship is with Cousins, even with a big contract. But if they didn't sell the farm for a QB, which I was open to, you would hope it was because they wanted trade down and fix the defense. They didn't do that either. 
From what I’ve seen other people say, they tried trading down, nobody really wanted to. Maybe they thought Kwesi wasn’t experienced and would bite on a bad trade. He didn’t.

You can only trade with willing partners. 

My guess is in red

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@BigAl99 said:
Convincing myself this has been good, Addison and Blackmon good players, hopefully our analytics show they are great fits for team plans.  TJ Hock, worth a second.  Changing from Donatell will have more impact than a rookie, non blue-chip pick.  Flores is a good DC and does more than just improve last years fiasco.  If we pick up Holton Ahlers from E. Carolina we could have "THE" ultimate Mr. Mankato covered.
Agreed. Let's do it.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/pl...ton-ahlers
this is what got my attention.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/13/2023-nfl-draft-sleeper-quarterback-holton-ahlers

I like the draft results, but for different reasons.

If a former Biletnikoff winner can take attention away from JJ (KJ Osborne isn't it), then we win that matchup.
Some size comparisons:  Steve Smith Sr...5'9", 185 lbs, Danny Amendola...5' 11" 188 lbs,  Julian Edelman...5'10 198 lbs

But I liken this draft to having a #2 pick with a sure-fire Pro-Bowler at TE (instead of the Irv Smith Jr failed experiment at #2).
We started the process with only four picks, got a fifth compensatory and ended up with six.  What good did it do when Trader Ric had 11 picks?  Or in 2005 when we had three #1 picks which included Erasmus James, Marcus Johnson (who?) and Troy Williamson?

I like that we have two potential starting DBs (Cine & Booth), last year's top picks, entering the fray, if they can stay healthy.  I have no concerns about Cine, but Booth had a chronic injury history.

Could they have traded up in the third round to get Hooker?  Maybe, but they chose not to.  None of us were in that room, and I know that I don't get paid to make decisions.

The most intriguing additions to me at the end of the day, were Cincinnati's ILB Pace (136 tackles, 20.5 TFL, 9.0 sacks, four passes defended, and two forced fumbles in 2022. He was a unanimous All-American), and Georgia's Kicker Podlesny to compete with Greg Joseph (61 of 74 on field goals (82.4 percent) and 182 of 184 on extra points (99 percent).

Only downside on Pace is he's considered undersized at 5'10", 231 pounds.  But that's more muscle than Eric Kendricks.  

For the book on good UDFA's, look up Theilen, Adam.

The one thing I haven't ready from anyone is that these D picks had the Flores' stamp all over them...

What he values traits wise is positional flex; as much as KOC wants that from his WR's. A DL that can line-up on the outside or inside shoulder of an OG, a db that can line-up at the slot or out wide etc...

Its these traits that allow him to disguise and camaflouge pre-snap reads. Not only is he aggressive in attacking, he loves to disguise and shape shift.