Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roe v Wade struck down by SCOTUS
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/154...4iszvuJvnw&s=19

EDIT, I see my comments didnt post:  This is kind of what I see happening in a lot of people lately,  that vast majority of the middle of the political spectrum are fed up with how far things have gone,  its not just abortion,  its just about everything that the far left has gotten involved with and there is no more trust and really only anger and frustration building towards anything the liberal left want to try and accomplish these days.  I used to have hope for common middle ground on many of the hot issues,  but the insistance of the left to push everything to an extreme is likely killing not only the hopes for middle ground, but possibly the democrat party for the immediate future... but rest assured my lefty brothers and sisters,  the Republicans are chomping at the bit to piss away these gifts of voters and will assuredly quickly counter with their own fucked up logic and return balance to the swamp,  likely in time for the 24 elections.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
The Catholic church also emphasizes sex for reproduction for women not for pleasure. There has been a great deal of shame and guilt for women enjoying sex. It also focuses on no premarital sex for women. Some of the denominations also focus on purity culture (for girls of course). This is psychologically damaging and harmful. There is a great deal of emphasis on female virginity as well. There is misogyny in various denominations. Storer also was in the practice of gynecology. There is a history of and still practices against women that are barbaric. Women of childbearing age have to fight to get hysterectomies. The so-called "husband stitch" is a form of female genital mutilation that is supposed to be illegal but still occurs. There is also opposition to women getting tubal ligation and of course opposition to birth control.
Where do you get your information?  The Catholic church preaches and teaches abstinence for both sexes prior to marriage.  There isn't some witch hunt against women and ignoring the sexual transgressions of males over females.  The message is pretty simple by the church,  birth control in any form is wrong, not singling out or targeting women,  this is a largely ignored teaching,  but it is the stance of the church's core teachings.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
The Catholic church also emphasizes sex for reproduction for women not for pleasure. There has been a great deal of shame and guilt for women enjoying sex. It also focuses on no premarital sex for women. Some of the denominations also focus on purity culture (for girls of course). This is psychologically damaging and harmful. There is a great deal of emphasis on female virginity as well. There is misogyny in various denominations. Storer also was in the practice of gynecology. There is a history of and still practices against women that are barbaric. Women of childbearing age have to fight to get hysterectomies. The so-called "husband stitch" is a form of female genital mutilation that is supposed to be illegal but still occurs. There is also opposition to women getting tubal ligation and of course opposition to birth control.
Where do you get your information?  The Catholic church preaches and teaches abstinence for both sexes prior to marriage.  There isn't some witch hunt against women and ignoring the sexual transgressions of males over females.  The message is pretty simple by the church,  birth control in any form is wrong, not singling out or targeting women,  this is a largely ignored teaching,  but it is the stance of the church's core teachings.
I know all about the abstinence piece too thanks. I got my information from being raised Catholic. It was the scandal with the priests that lead my mom to leave the church. I left before that. I have also spoken with women that received the same misogynistic messages from their churches.

She quoted Hitler before and "apologized" for that too.
Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
Probably stumbled over saying "right to life"...  
Agreed. Don't like that my side is making a big deal of this. This is shit the other side does. 

Would agree, except this statement directly in line with the father of the Pro-Life movement Horatio Storer.  It also fits with replacement theory.
"Prior to the 1820s, most American states -- and the colonies
beforehand -- governed abortion according to English common law, which
largely did not recognize a state interest in pregnancy or abortion
until quickening (about the 25th week of pregnancy), the occurrence of
which was left solely to the pregnant woman to determine. Even then, the
common law was largely employed to protect the interests of the woman,
not the fetus.

Storer believed that abortion was morally wrong. But he also
"believed that abortions were endangering what he saw as the ideal
America: a society of white Protestants in which women adhered strictly
to their proper 'duties' -- marriage and childbearing." He feared that
the birthrates of recent immigrants, predominantly Catholic, would
overwhelm the hegemony of white Protestants in New England, for which he
in part blamed married Protestant women for not producing enough
children.
He equated marriage without a focus on fertility as "'nothing
less than legalized prostitution.
'"

Do I believe she's a white supremacist? Yes. Do I think that's what she intended to say here? No. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I know all about the abstinence piece too thanks. I got my information from being raised Catholic. It was the scandal with the priests that lead my mom to leave the church. I left before that. I have also spoken with women that received the same misogynistic messages from their churches.
As was I and the church doesn't preach or teach misogyny in modern times.  In 8 years of catholic school it wasn't brought up once.

I dont practice Catholicism myself any longer,  much for the same reason as your mother.  However,  how may people are walking away from their political parties over the same cover-up of sexual abuses?  I dont think anybody actually believes the maxwell testimony isn't being leaked because there isn't anything to leak.  

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
As was I and the church doesn't preach or teach misogyny in modern times.  In 8 years of catholic school it wasn't brought up once.

I dont practice Catholicism myself any longer,  much for the same reason as your mother.  However,  how may people are walking away from their political parties over the same cover-up of sexual abuses?  I dont think anybody actually believes the maxwell testimony isn't being leaked because there isn't anything to leak.  
Misogyny in the churches is still a thing in modern times unfortunately. It is unreal the number of girls and women that can speak on it. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
She quoted Hitler before and "apologized" for that too.
Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
Probably stumbled over saying "right to life"...  
Agreed. Don't like that my side is making a big deal of this. This is shit the other side does. 

Would agree, except this statement directly in line with the father of the Pro-Life movement Horatio Storer.  It also fits with replacement theory.
"Prior to the 1820s, most American states -- and the colonies
beforehand -- governed abortion according to English common law, which
largely did not recognize a state interest in pregnancy or abortion
until quickening (about the 25th week of pregnancy), the occurrence of
which was left solely to the pregnant woman to determine. Even then, the
common law was largely employed to protect the interests of the woman,
not the fetus.

Storer believed that abortion was morally wrong. But he also
"believed that abortions were endangering what he saw as the ideal
America: a society of white Protestants in which women adhered strictly
to their proper 'duties' -- marriage and childbearing." He feared that
the birthrates of recent immigrants, predominantly Catholic, would
overwhelm the hegemony of white Protestants in New England, for which he
in part blamed married Protestant women for not producing enough
children.
He equated marriage without a focus on fertility as "'nothing
less than legalized prostitution.
'"

Do I believe she's a white supremacist? Yes. Do I think that's what she intended to say here? No. 

Dog whistle politics, I give politicians like her no slack. 

https://twitter.com/SethAsherW/status/15...37476?s=20&t=eI6U3Zya7ake3CGxL0nTdw
Abortion isnt illegal. Its now an issue either raised by state level or by federal level. The supreme court said the court should not be legislating from the bench. The court was never intended to legislate from the bench. Their job is to interpret laws passed by congress. 

If you want a law proclaming one way or another, gather the support needed and make a law. Its really that simple. Roe was an injustice, it was corrected problem solved. 

sounds like there are few more rulings coming today that will likely have some people ranting and raving.

The abortion issue among Viking media...I struggle to figure out what the fuck these idiots might be thinking....but I think Luke is close. 

https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/...65248?s=20&t=25-WI5lHVfqXrWNM9F1ZWw
Yeah, Luke is a paragon of wisdom for sure.  

He is clueless about most things he gets paid to pontificate about.  I surely don't give a shit about his stupid political takes.