Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roe v Wade struck down by SCOTUS
So much for "settled law" ... this was everyone's concern with these SCOTUS picks, after McConnell hijacked the process and refused to even vote on Garland, but had no qualms rushing ACB through.  The shockwaves of that disgusting, dishonest maneuver will last 40 years.  

And Republicans told us not to worry about concerns of Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett putting their religious views onto SCOTUS.  That they promised us in their hearings that Roe v Wade was settled law.

And spare us the abortion is murder BS, they just torched gun control laws over 100 years old in NY in the middle of a gun violence crisis.

So disgusted by the righrwing extremists forcing their wacko beliefs on everyone.

Absolutely disgusting day for women everywhere. Bodily autonomy is still a fight, the power of self-determination is gone for many. Look for increase in poverty, child abuse, domestic violence, lack of access to care and self-induced abortion. 

Just goes back to the states.   As for "settled law" don't forget separate but equal segregation was also "settled law".   Most states will still have legal abortion.

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
So much for "settled law" ... this was everyone's concern with these SCOTUS picks, after McConnell hijacked the process and refused to even vote on Garland, but had no qualms rushing ACB through.  The shockwaves of that disgusting, dishonest maneuver will last 40 years.  

---Garland was NEVER going to be confirmed anyway.   Mute point.  Both moves by McConnell were 100% Constitutional and legal.  Talk about rushing through a candidate...Kenanji Brown was confirmed months before Breyer has even retire.  Elections have consequences right?  At least that is what Obama said.

And Republicans told us not to worry about concerns of Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett putting their religious views onto SCOTUS.  That they promised us in their hearings that Roe v Wade was settled law.

---Neither of these two said they would NOT overturn Roe, they testified to the fact that as they sat there it was settled law.

And spare us the abortion is murder BS, they just torched gun control laws over 100 years old in NY in the middle of a gun violence crisis.

---Torched Gun control laws?  They did no such thing.  All the court said was that as long as you are a law abiding citizen the state cannot decide whether you can or cannot get a right to carry permit based on their determination if you need one.   

So disgusted by the righrwing extremists forcing their wacko beliefs on everyone.

---Which wacko beliefs are you referring to?  Following the Constitution as written?

Roe never should have been decided in the first place.  It's not the Supreme Court's role to make law...which is what Roe did.  If you want Federal abortion protection...than do it the right way and pass it in Congress.  That's where it should have been decided in the first place.  If it's universally supported, it will pass.   If not....well...than maybe the will of the people have spoken. 

I'm tired of the Left believing it's the role of the Judiciary to usurp the Constitution and pass laws that don't have the support necessary to pass through our elected representatives. 

I'm hoping for some common ground in all of this...limited to first trimester, required counseling for abortion alternatives, etc.  but I'm not sure that's possible anymore in our polarized Country.

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
Roe never should have been decided in the first place.  It's not the Supreme Court's role to make law...which is what Roe did.  If you want Federal abortion protection...than do it the right way and pass it in Congress.  That's where it should have been decided in the first place.  If it's universally supported, it will pass.   If not....well...than maybe the will of the people have spoken. 
This is hilarious. Please. Our congress 'speaks' for the people?? When did that start?? Its not only majority supported here in this country, but worldwide.

Listen, you can not approve of abortion personally....its your opinion.....but don't come with this weak sauce because you are anti-abortion and this now fits your narrative.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"badgervike" said:
This is hilarious. Please. Our congress 'speaks' for the people?? When did that start?? Its not only majority supported here in this country, but worldwide.

Listen, you can not approve of abortion personally....its your opinion.....but don't come with this weak sauce because you are anti-abortion and this now fits your narrative.
Actually Sticky..I'm pretty moderate on this subject.  I'm not anti-abortion but I certainly am anti killing babies.  We can have a debate about when a life begins but certainly when politicians like Hillary Clinton say they support Abortion without limitations...it's hurt the cause over the years.  Some (such as NYC's mayor) have doubled down and said they support abortion right up to birth.  I've spent enough time volunteering in the inner city to have a realistic viewpoint about the subject.  We've made it way too easy to throw away a human life...it's become disposable like many other things in our society.  Having an abortion should be the hardest decision someone ever makes.  That hasn't been the case for quite a while.  

Not helpful...

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"badgervike" said:

Speaking of weak sauce...
I don't see badger as anti-abortion.  Seems to be partially pro-abortion in my book.  But his rational is sound, it isn't the courts place to make law.  It belongs to the states, I don't think it belongs at the federal level at all according to the constitution.

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"badgervike" said:

Actually Sticky..I'm pretty moderate on this subject.  I'm not anti-abortion but I certainly am anti killing babies.  We can have a debate about when a life begins but certainly when politicians like Hillary Clinton say they support Abortion without limitations...it's hurt the cause over the years.  Some have doubled down and said they support abortion right up to birth.  I've spent enough time volunteering in the inner city to have a realistic viewpoint about the subject.  We've made it way too easy to throw away a human life...it's become disposable like many other things in our society.  Having an abortion should be the hardest decision someone ever makes.  That hasn't been the case for quite a while.  
Why? They're loud, they stink, and they're completely useless around the house. 

Sorry, make a stupid comment, get a stupid answer. Still, I think you're smart enough to know Hillary Clinton does not support abortion without limitations. She supports late-term abortions only when the life and health of the mother are at stake, which is a pretty widely-held stance, and which I'm guessing most all of us agree with. I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with that. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"badgervike" said:

Speaking of weak sauce...
I don't see badger as anti-abortion.  Seems to be partially pro-abortion in my book.  But his rational is sound, it isn't the courts place to make law.  It belongs to the states, I don't think it belongs at the federal level at all according to the constitution.
I don't disagree with you Greed on States vs Feds but I also don't want to see an age of Abortion tourism which is where we're heading now.