@MaroonBells said:
@dadevike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@dadevike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@dadevike said:
I think it would be hard to pass on Stingley (assuming he's healthy). But we are all counting on the re-appearance of 2019 Stingley.  If Stingley and Wilson are both there at 12 the only way I consider trading out of that spot is if the compensation includes a first this year and a first next year. Otherwise, I am taking one of those two. And I am leaning towards Wilson.

Garrett Wilson and Jefferson on the outside with Thielen in the slot and Irv Smith (if he stays healthy) working the seam would be awfully scary for opposing defenses.

Prior to his injury I had Jameson Williams as my top guy and was looking at him as a really good pick for us. It's too bad he hurt his knee. And for the record I still think Treylon Burks is a stud despite the 4.55/40 
Hunter and Z off the edge with a shut down corner to pair with P2 and Dantzler would be awfully scary for opposing offenses. 

But if we do go WR in the 1st (doubtful), my guy is Chris Olave. I might take Williams in the 2nd, but I doubt he plays much in 22. 
I had Wilson and Williams (pre-injury) as the top 2 WRs in either order. I expect Williams to be ready to go by the start of the season and to be close to 100% before the end of the season.

I will take the Wilson, Jefferson, Thielen, ISJ, Dalvin Cook offense with a decent to good O line. Talk about running it back; we're running it all the way back to 1998 with Moss, Carter, Reed, Glover, and Robert Smith.

Assuming Wilson is gone by 12, I would strongly consider Williams - assuming we get the go-ahead from the medical review.

Agree on Burks. I like him better than London (what am I missing with London?). Watson is also intriguing but he's the next level down because of the competition he faced.  Would he have been as effective in the SEC? That's not rhetorical.
A lot of us on this board don't like London and it's mainly because he cant create separation very well. He's a damn good college receiver, but too many times have we seen really good college receivers not make it at the next level because they cannot separate. Honestly, I dont think I would take him in the first round
With London I'm seeing the same kind of things I saw with Treadwell. Big, physical, high point jump ball guy who should be good in the red zone, but no separation and no juice. 
I think London is better than Treadwell (perhaps I am affected by Treadwell's performance in the NFL) but your point is well taken and I generally agree.  The issue, though, is that I do not remember anybody suggesting that Treadwell was anywhere close to the best WR in his draft. ...

I like the idea of WR at 12 (or Stingley, but that seems unlikely) but I would not like London there. 
London would be a cat through the Samsung pick for me. 

If you look back at big boards in Feb and Marsh of 2016, Treadwell was generally considered the top WR in that class. He started to fall a bit as we got closer to the draft, but he had a lot of big fans. In fact, we had a several page thread about the receivers in that draft. Nobody wanted to hear that I thought he was the most overrated receiver I watched. 

Full disclosure, I thought Doctson would be better than he was. But that whole 1st round receiver class was dogshit. Every receiver taken in the 2nd round ended up much better than every receiver taken in the 1st round. 
I'm not going to go so far to suggest they take London, but he isn't Treadwell. 

All the highlights anyone shows of London are the contested catches/jump-balls. He actually is a really good run after catch player in space. He also gets decent spacing when he isn't running down the field. Anything in or out breaking he gets space to be an easy target. He isn't Mike Evans, which is a common comp. But he is closer to Evans than Treadwell. 
C'mon, so nobody remembers the elite receiver that was Laquon Treadwell? LOL. Man, there were raves. Here's a few reminders...Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell will be one of the first players selected in the 2016 NFL draft....he shows a lot of the qualities that could lead teams to believe that he could be worthy of a top 5 pick....A terror after the catch, incredibly elusive and tough to bring down in the open field, fights hard for every yard (used heavily on screens)....Smooth and fluid athlete, minimal stiffness in his routes or in the air (um...what??) Grade: A. He’s the next Dez Bryant....The 2016 draft class does not appear to filled with as many instant-impact receivers as recent years, but the best of the bunch is Ole Miss' Laquon Treadwell....Mississippi wide receiver Laquon Treadwell was one of the most dominant receivers in the nation this past season...he should remain as the top wide receiver prospect available in the 2016 NFL Draft.
I'm sure London will be better than Treadwell. That's a damn low mark. I'm just saying that when I put him on, I saw the exact same thing I saw when I put on Treadwell. No separation. No juice or athleticism. About him, I'll say the same thing I said about Treadwell. His ceiling is possession. 
And now that I think about it, how many of these oversized receivers are successful in the NFL? The best receivers right now--Adams, JJ, Diggs, Kupp, Chase, Lamb, Hill--are all of average size. 6-0, 6-1, 190, 200. What's more, there's been a lot of big guy busts who come to mind: Mike Williams, Arcega-Whiteside, N'Keal Harry, Kevin White...unless of course they run 4.3 forties (Megatron, DK). No, I don't touch the guy. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@dadevike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@dadevike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@dadevike said:
I think it would be hard to pass on Stingley (assuming he's healthy). But we are all counting on the re-appearance of 2019 Stingley.  If Stingley and Wilson are both there at 12 the only way I consider trading out of that spot is if the compensation includes a first this year and a first next year. Otherwise, I am taking one of those two. And I am leaning towards Wilson.

Garrett Wilson and Jefferson on the outside with Thielen in the slot and Irv Smith (if he stays healthy) working the seam would be awfully scary for opposing defenses.

Prior to his injury I had Jameson Williams as my top guy and was looking at him as a really good pick for us. It's too bad he hurt his knee. And for the record I still think Treylon Burks is a stud despite the 4.55/40 
Hunter and Z off the edge with a shut down corner to pair with P2 and Dantzler would be awfully scary for opposing offenses. 

But if we do go WR in the 1st (doubtful), my guy is Chris Olave. I might take Williams in the 2nd, but I doubt he plays much in 22. 
I had Wilson and Williams (pre-injury) as the top 2 WRs in either order. I expect Williams to be ready to go by the start of the season and to be close to 100% before the end of the season.

I will take the Wilson, Jefferson, Thielen, ISJ, Dalvin Cook offense with a decent to good O line. Talk about running it back; we're running it all the way back to 1998 with Moss, Carter, Reed, Glover, and Robert Smith.

Assuming Wilson is gone by 12, I would strongly consider Williams - assuming we get the go-ahead from the medical review.

Agree on Burks. I like him better than London (what am I missing with London?). Watson is also intriguing but he's the next level down because of the competition he faced.  Would he have been as effective in the SEC? That's not rhetorical.
A lot of us on this board don't like London and it's mainly because he cant create separation very well. He's a damn good college receiver, but too many times have we seen really good college receivers not make it at the next level because they cannot separate. Honestly, I dont think I would take him in the first round
With London I'm seeing the same kind of things I saw with Treadwell. Big, physical, high point jump ball guy who should be good in the red zone, but no separation and no juice. 
I think London is better than Treadwell (perhaps I am affected by Treadwell's performance in the NFL) but your point is well taken and I generally agree.  The issue, though, is that I do not remember anybody suggesting that Treadwell was anywhere close to the best WR in his draft. ...

I like the idea of WR at 12 (or Stingley, but that seems unlikely) but I would not like London there. 
London would be a cat through the Samsung pick for me. 

If you look back at big boards in Feb and Marsh of 2016, Treadwell was generally considered the top WR in that class. He started to fall a bit as we got closer to the draft, but he had a lot of big fans. In fact, we had a several page thread about the receivers in that draft. Nobody wanted to hear that I thought he was the most overrated receiver I watched. 

Full disclosure, I thought Doctson would be better than he was. But that whole 1st round receiver class was dogshit. Every receiver taken in the 2nd round ended up much better than every receiver taken in the 1st round. 
I'm not going to go so far to suggest they take London, but he isn't Treadwell. 

All the highlights anyone shows of London are the contested catches/jump-balls. He actually is a really good run after catch player in space. He also gets decent spacing when he isn't running down the field. Anything in or out breaking he gets space to be an easy target. He isn't Mike Evans, which is a common comp. But he is closer to Evans than Treadwell. 
C'mon, so nobody remembers the elite receiver that was Laquon Treadwell? LOL. Man, there were raves. Here's a few reminders...Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell will be one of the first players selected in the 2016 NFL draft....he shows a lot of the qualities that could lead teams to believe that he could be worthy of a top 5 pick....A terror after the catch, incredibly elusive and tough to bring down in the open field, fights hard for every yard (used heavily on screens)....Smooth and fluid athlete, minimal stiffness in his routes or in the air (um...what??) Grade: A. He’s the next Dez Bryant....The 2016 draft class does not appear to filled with as many instant-impact receivers as recent years, but the best of the bunch is Ole Miss' Laquon Treadwell....Mississippi wide receiver Laquon Treadwell was one of the most dominant receivers in the nation this past season...he should remain as the top wide receiver prospect available in the 2016 NFL Draft.
I'm sure London will be better than Treadwell. That's a damn low mark. I'm just saying that when I put him on, I saw the exact same thing I saw when I put on Treadwell. No separation. No juice or athleticism. About him, I'll say the same thing I said about Treadwell. His ceiling is possession. 
And now that I think about it, how many of these oversized receivers are successful in the NFL? The best receivers right now--Adams, JJ, Diggs, Kupp, Chase, Lamb, Hill--are all of average size. 6-0, 6-1, 190, 200. What's more, there's been a lot of big guy busts who come to mind: Mike Williams, Arcega-Whiteside, N'Keal Harry, Kevin White...unless of course they run 4.3 forties (Megatron, DK). No, I don't touch the guy. 
Spot on with better receivers no longer being 6'3" - 6'5" and that's probably due to more plays with more receivers on the field now so they have to be quicker and able to get open in smaller areas. The best receivers either run fantastic routes (Adams, Kupp, JJ, Diggs) or are insanely quick/fast like Hill.

I will admit, I wanted Treadwell...but when he ran a 4.64 40 I had a lot more doubt. London probably runs a low 4.5 so he will have a better career than Treadwell, but that separation aint there vs college corners. Also, he won't have that much space for run after the catch in the NFL. I don't know where I would rank London, or how I would rank the top 10 receivers this class, but London isn't top 5 to me.

I wanted Will Fuller the year we drafted Treadwell. Went to the Texans two picks prior. 

All the top guys that year were busts. Corey Coleman, Fuller, Doctson, and Treadwell. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I wanted Will Fuller the year we drafted Treadwell. Went to the Texans two picks prior. 

All the top guys that year were busts. Corey Coleman, Fuller, Doctson, and Treadwell. 
I was all in on Doctson.  Still am actually.  He was never coached properly Smile

It will be interesting to see what London runs but as a huge huge USC homer (watched every game at least the last 20 years), he was all they had and the other teams knew it but still could not stop him. Not all of his catches were contested. He had 19 contested catches according to PFF which led the nation but that leaves 68 other catches.

Vikings have a deep threat in JJ and a great route runner in Thielen (and JJ), so getting a tall WR (power forward) type is not a bad idea.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
It will be interesting to see what London runs but as a huge huge USC homer (watched every game at least the last 20 years), he was all they had and the other teams knew it but still could not stop him. Not all of his catches were contested. He had 19 contested catches according to PFF which led the nation but that leaves 68 other catches.

Vikings have a deep threat in JJ and a great route runner in Thielen (and JJ), so getting a tall WR (power forward) type is not a bad idea.

Apparently had to move his Pro Day back ten days due to a pulled hamstring during training and will run next Friday (15th).  I hope he is able to run without any hang ups to get an accurate 40 on him because that's his big question mark. I think anything in the low 4.5 range for him is good. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
@supafreak84 said:

I was all in on Doctson.  Still am actually.  He was never coached properly Smile

Lol yes I still think Fuller can be a good player and will get another shot somewhere. Just hope that somewhere is not in Green Bay

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:

So I am not saying that London has no value. But he is certainly not worth a 12 pick. I just don't like him as a first round pick for us. I discount Thielen pretty heavily because there is a very good chance this is his last year on the Vikings. If he runs 4.5 at his pro day, I will try again to like him more. But I think he will be closer to 4.7 than to 4.7 (as a reminder, Jordan Davis ran 4.78 at 340 lbs).

Quote: @dadevike said:
@MarkSP18 said:

So I am not saying that London has no value. But he is certainly not worth a 12 pick. I just don't like him as a first round pick for us. I discount Thielen pretty heavily because there is a very good chance this is his last year on the Vikings. If he runs 4.5 at his pro day, I will try again to like him more. But I think he will be closer to 4.7 than to 4.7 (as a reminder, Jordan Davis ran 4.78 at 340 lbs).
I dont think he's a top 12 pick either, but with the amount of people who have him mocked Top 5 there's no way he's running a 4.7. I bet he runs an unofficial 40 the day before his pro day and if it's 4.6 then he doesn't run the 40 the next day