Seattle Latest Stadium To Require Vaccine Proof
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@medaille said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Kentis said:
^^^ Now your sourcing a former 6th grade science teacher’s twitter account who graduated from an Israeli university w/ 1-10 employees, convincingly awesome…  B) Is Pee Wee Herman next…?  Wink Wikipedia…!?  B) 
This would be a lot funnier if these mental giants weren't taking up every ICU bed across the country. 

I am SOOOO over the selfish fuckers.  You don't want to get the shots.  Fine but don't go to the hospital you selfish fuckers.  Stick to your guns.  You don't want to trust medical professionals pleading with you to get vaccinated, then don't crawl to them to fix you when you get sick. 
Are you ready to take that stand against everybody that bucks the odds or does stupid shit and gets hurt or sick?  Tobacco users that get cancer or other,  obese that get diabetes,   careless sluts that get pregnant?  I am not saying which way I support,  ( Barr likely has a pretty good idea )  but the door has to swing both ways.  That position can't be simply about covid,   if we are going to withhold medical care for those that put themselves into a situation,  then we can't overlook other obvious lapses of judgement or we will cease to be a civilization. 
The bulk of my family in MN is not vaccinated.  I'm essentially just waiting to hear of them getting sick/dying and at this point I'll grieve but it was preventable.  They cast their lot.
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

How many people do you think are dying from Covid?  The odds are massively in favor of them not dying.
About every two days more people than 9/11.
How about more dead than all of the Americans who died in all the wars of the 20th century....combined. So WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq....and by a lot. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@GermanVike said:
Jimmy, I agree that it's not mainly an NFL safety thing. And of course the only "sure thing" would be not to allow any fans into the stadiums, but we already had that last year (w/o the vaccine) and people are sick of it - and the league wants to make more $$$ again, of course.

So now there's the vaccine, it works just as intended, and whoever is vaccinated carries a near 0% risk of severe illness. Half of the US population are fully vaccinated (and another 11-12 % once). These people want their normal lives back, and rightfully so. Therefore the exclusion of unvaccinated ist just consequential: it protects them (with their higher risk) from contracting the virus in the stadium and it also sends them a not so subtle message of: just get vaxxed already and you'll be just fine.

Of course, there are people who cannot get the vaccine for health related issues. But they are also protected by not unneccessarily spreading the virus among the unvaccinated. And I sure hope they are smart enough not to even ponder going to a packed stadium this year anyway....these people are the ones that are really bit in the backside by this virus, but you just can't account for everyone I guess...at least if the majority of us do want to live our normal lifes again anytime soon.
I would go along with all that if the govt showed any inclination to allowing life to return to normal once vaccinated,  but they dont.  they talk about masks and other restrictions on normal regardless.  I dont honestly think a 95% vaccination status would change how fauci and company would run this thing, they have made to many statements and then back tracked over the past year and half for me to believe that they want us to every experience our idea of "normal" ever again.
....yeah, because it's not like things eased back after lockdowns...

...oh, wait, they DID, didn't they?  Things almost felt normal for awhile, then the latest variants started stacking up the ICUs again.

Here's something that most of us got in junior high health class: the unvaccinated allow themselves to be petri dishes for further mutations exponentially more than the vaccinated.  This isn't political, this isn't clickbait, this is taught to kids for decades/generations.

Some just paid far more attention than others, it seems.

Just found out my Grand Nephew tested positive. 10 years old. My sister is freaking out.
Hope all turns out Ok, Barr - sorry to hear.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Just found out my Grand Nephew tested positive. 10 years old. My sister is freaking out.

No doubt Barr.  Hang in there.  This thing is real and its terrifying for families. 

Quote: @Zanary said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@GermanVike said:
Jimmy, I agree that it's not mainly an NFL safety thing. And of course the only "sure thing" would be not to allow any fans into the stadiums, but we already had that last year (w/o the vaccine) and people are sick of it - and the league wants to make more $$$ again, of course.

So now there's the vaccine, it works just as intended, and whoever is vaccinated carries a near 0% risk of severe illness. Half of the US population are fully vaccinated (and another 11-12 % once). These people want their normal lives back, and rightfully so. Therefore the exclusion of unvaccinated ist just consequential: it protects them (with their higher risk) from contracting the virus in the stadium and it also sends them a not so subtle message of: just get vaxxed already and you'll be just fine.

Of course, there are people who cannot get the vaccine for health related issues. But they are also protected by not unneccessarily spreading the virus among the unvaccinated. And I sure hope they are smart enough not to even ponder going to a packed stadium this year anyway....these people are the ones that are really bit in the backside by this virus, but you just can't account for everyone I guess...at least if the majority of us do want to live our normal lifes again anytime soon.
I would go along with all that if the govt showed any inclination to allowing life to return to normal once vaccinated,  but they dont.  they talk about masks and other restrictions on normal regardless.  I dont honestly think a 95% vaccination status would change how fauci and company would run this thing, they have made to many statements and then back tracked over the past year and half for me to believe that they want us to every experience our idea of "normal" ever again.
....yeah, because it's not like things eased back after lockdowns...

...oh, wait, they DID, didn't they?  Things almost felt normal for awhile, then the latest variants started stacking up the ICUs again.

Here's something that most of us got in junior high health class: the unvaccinated allow themselves to be petri dishes for further mutations exponentially more than the vaccinated.  This isn't political, this isn't clickbait, this is taught to kids for decades/generations.

Some just paid far more attention than others, it seems.

Well $hit, I slept through health class and must have picked it up through osmosis.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@medaille said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Kentis said:
^^^ Now your sourcing a former 6th grade science teacher’s twitter account who graduated from an Israeli university w/ 1-10 employees, convincingly awesome…  B) Is Pee Wee Herman next…?  Wink Wikipedia…!?  B) 
This would be a lot funnier if these mental giants weren't taking up every ICU bed across the country. 

I am SOOOO over the selfish fuckers.  You don't want to get the shots.  Fine but don't go to the hospital you selfish fuckers.  Stick to your guns.  You don't want to trust medical professionals pleading with you to get vaccinated, then don't crawl to them to fix you when you get sick. 
Are you ready to take that stand against everybody that bucks the odds or does stupid shit and gets hurt or sick?  Tobacco users that get cancer or other,  obese that get diabetes,   careless sluts that get pregnant?  I am not saying which way I support,  ( Barr likely has a pretty good idea )  but the door has to swing both ways.  That position can't be simply about covid,   if we are going to withhold medical care for those that put themselves into a situation,  then we can't overlook other obvious lapses of judgement or we will cease to be a civilization. 
The bulk of my family in MN is not vaccinated.  I'm essentially just waiting to hear of them getting sick/dying and at this point I'll grieve but it was preventable.  They cast their lot.

How many people do you think are dying from Covid?  The odds are massively in favor of them not dying.
How about more dead than all of the Americans who died in all the wars of the 20th century....combined. So WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq....and by a lot. 

Latest I read today is:

1,500 people dying each day -- an average of 150,000 new cases each day.

All at a time when we're blessed to have a vax that works incredibly well...

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@HappyViking said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

No doubt Barr.  Hang in there.  This thing is real and its terrifying for families. 
Thanks.

Not surprising, but my niece is starting to show symptoms. Fortunately she is vaccinated as well as the other members of the household. 

I know everyone is throwing out absolute numbers, but my response
was with regards to the odds of dying.  I
wasn’t trying to dismiss the severity of the total volume of people dying in
this nation of hundreds of millions of people, but more saying that he shouldn’t
spend his time planning the funerals for the inevitable deaths of his
unvaccinated family members.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:
@AGRforever said:
10% of the teachers at our school are Covid positive. 
Both my kids got exposed today.One teacher caught covid, got Pfizer, and has it again.  She is early 40s.  Her sister is dying of it.  We have NO hospital beds anywhere in our region.  Zero, zilch nada.  Her sister got sent how with a bottle of O2 and a bunch of other stuff and basically told good luck.

I have great empathy for kids, parents and teachers today. It's a really difficult situation we unfortunately find ourselves in. 

Turns out I was exposed Tuesday as well.  Yeah for me!!!
Fully masked KN95 though so here's hoping!!!
Be well and take care of you.

@medaille said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Kentis said:

and yet every day millions get on airplanes and go to work in sky scrapers without a second thought.  he is talking about the odds and odds are most that get infected will not die, or even require hospitalization or have long term issues.

should they get the shot... yes they probably should, but the rhetoric like trying to play with numbers, or the public shaming isnt doing anything to put more needles in arms.