Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle Latest Stadium To Require Vaccine Proof
Or a negative test within the last 72 hours.

I believe we are at five venues:

LA
Buffalo
Las Vegas
NO

Hoping Carolina follows suit.

It's a start. Keep it up.

what is the gain?  vaccinated can spread it, vaccinated can get it,  hell vaccinated are more likely to be showing less affliction and be out an about than those that are unvaccincated and filling the hospitals, so what is the net gain?

if the goal really is to stop/slow the spread,  why have fans at all?

And since the SCIENCE CDC changed the definition of vaccination, I think if we do anything to generate an immune response, we are now vaccinated.  Cool

The gain ist that the vast majority of the infected are unvaxxed and that the vast majority of infected who are vaxxed have very little to no symptoms. So getting the vaccine gives you two very important advantages: 
1. chance of infection is multiple times lower
2. if infected, chances of ending up in hospital are very, very slim

Sources: (among others)
https://www.statista.com/chart/25589/cov...accinated/

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/c...-protected

The main goal now with the vaccine available is not to stop the spread, it's minimizing severe cases and deaths. And to reach that goal, you better not put thousands of unvaxxed people into a crowded stadium of 60,000+ where at least a couple hundred will carry the virus anyway.

Quote: @GermanVike said:
The gain ist that the vast majority of the infected are unvaxxed and that the vast majority of infected who are vaxxed have very little to no symptoms.

Sources: (among others)
https://www.statista.com/chart/25589/cov...accinated/

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/c...-protected

The main goal now with the vaccine available is not to stop the spread, it's minimizing severe cases and deaths. And to reach that goal, you better not put thousands of unvaxxed people into a crowded stadium of 60,000+ where at least a couple hundred will carry the virus anyway.
but this isnt an NFL safety thing.  if the goal is to limit severe cases,  then keep the people that can catch and spread it (which is everybody) from congregating.  Period.  its not going to help the ERs and what not if we take 60K vaccinated,  cram them into crowded tailgates, lines at gates, bathrooms,  and concessions,  packed seating areas and concourses,  and then return them to the population that includes the unvaccinated.  ( some remember are prevented from getting the vaccination for other non personal reasons )  60k,  lets say that 3% (random number,  vaccinations are starting to wane, delta is still ramping up... its a number) are carrying covid,  and each one of them give it to 3 people ( I have seen the average vaccinated person that get delta is expected to infect about 7 people,  but I doubt that factors in attending NFL games) ....thats over 5k people that are then released back into the wild to spread it to vaccinated and unvaccinated alike.  If the goal is to slow/stop the spread and to relieve the pressure on the hospitals and such... then the 1 and only logical solution would be to no allow fans into games,  anything other than that is either out of the Teams and Cities control,  or is simply disingenuous as it really isnt doing shit to stop the problem.

Jimmy, I agree that it's not mainly an NFL safety thing. And of course the only "sure thing" would be not to allow any fans into the stadiums, but we already had that last year (w/o the vaccine) and people are sick of it - and the league wants to make more $$$ again, of course.

So now there's the vaccine, it works just as intended, and whoever is vaccinated carries a near 0% risk of severe illness. Half of the US population are fully vaccinated (and another 11-12 % once). These people want their normal lives back, and rightfully so. Therefore the exclusion of unvaccinated ist just consequential: it protects them (with their higher risk) from contracting the virus in the stadium and it also sends them a not so subtle message of: just get vaxxed already and you'll be just fine.

Of course, there are people who cannot get the vaccine for health related issues. But they are also protected by not unneccessarily spreading the virus among the unvaccinated. And I sure hope they are smart enough not to even ponder going to a packed stadium this year anyway....these people are the ones that are really bit in the backside by this virus, but you just can't account for everyone I guess...at least if the majority of us do want to live our normal lifes again anytime soon.

Jimmy, I agree that it's not mainly an NFL safety thing. And of course the only "sure thing" would be not to allow any fans into the stadiums, but we already had that last year (w/o the vaccine) and people are sick of it - and the league wants to make more $$$ again, of course.

So now there's the vaccine, it works just as intended, and whoever is vaccinated carries a near 0% risk of severe illness. Half of the US population are fully vaccinated (and another 11-12 % once). These people want their normal lives back, and rightfully so. Therefore the exclusion of unvaccinated ist just consequential: it protects them (with their higher risk) from contracting the virus in the stadium and it also sends them a not so subtle message of: just get vaxxed already and you'll be just fine.

Of course, there are people who cannot get the vaccine for health related issues. But they are also protected by not unneccessarily spreading the virus among the unvaccinated. And I sure hope they are smart enough not to even ponder going to a packed stadium this year anyway....these people are the ones that are really bit in the backside by this virus, but you just can't account for everyone I guess...at least if the majority of us do want to live our normal lifes again anytime soon.
I would go along with all that if the govt showed any inclination to allowing life to return to normal once vaccinated,  but they dont.  they talk about masks and other restrictions on normal regardless.  I dont honestly think a 95% vaccination status would change how fauci and company would run this thing, they have made to many statements and then back tracked over the past year and half for me to believe that they want us to every experience our idea of "normal" ever again.

https://twitter.com/RanIsraeli/status/14...0435869697

Starting to see some real data on the vaccines.  It is a good first attempt in trying to contain the spread. However Delta, Lamda, and MU amongst other mutations mean the vaccine is far from the "solution", the same as the flu vaccine is hit or miss every year.  The problem is that the vaccine may be responsible for making things worse, not better in the long run.  The goal posts continue to move on what success looks like for the vaccines.  One sure thing is that it will be defined differently in three months than it is now.  Those blaming the spread of the Delta variant on those not being vaccinated are NOT basing it on science.  They're basing it on a simplistic notion of what Covid 19 is, and that a vaccine will simply wipe it out.  That isn't going to happen and was never going to happen.  The virus was made to mutate, just as it's doing.   That same crowd would argue we should be on lockdown and with masks on in our basement right now, imho.   Please look up RanIsraeli on Twitter who shows the numbers coming out of Israel of fully vaccinated individuals.  For whatever reason, it won't link here.

^^^ Now your sourcing a former 6th grade science teacher’s twitter account who graduated from an Israeli university w/ 1-10 employees, convincingly awesome…  B) Is Pee Wee Herman next…?  Wink Wikipedia…!?  B)