Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griff working out for the Vikes tomorrow
Quote: @Kentis said:
One thing I like is the energy Griffen brings to a team that often comes out flatter than a pancake…! Kentis thought Monday  B) 

"If I didn't think he could help us, we wouldn't sign him,"
Zimmer said Monday 
unfortunately that happened even when he was on the team in previous years.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
One thing I like is the energy Griffen brings to a team that often comes out flatter than a pancake…! Kentis thought Monday  B) 

Zimmer said Monday 

True… Confused Confused Confused

Quote: @Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

Zimmer said Monday 

the true draw back to Griff is not slow starts... its his fucking early starts. :#

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

Zimmer said Monday 

the true draw back to Griff is not slow starts... its his fucking early starts. :#

Thought this was interesting:

Vikings Assistant Head Coach/Co-Defensive Coordinator Andre Patterson, who coached Griffen from 2014-19, referenced Griffen last week before his tryout when describing how he coaches players to avoid jumping from a quarterback's hard count.
"With [Griffen], it was more about me getting him to breathe. It really wasn't the quarterback making him jump offsides," Patterson said. "It was just him in a cannon ready to explode and come out. … In a high-pressure situation, when he felt like, 'I had to get a good get-off to go sack the quarterback,' those were when those times would come."

Breathe Everson breathe… Wink

I just saw a video of Everson, looks like he's about 15+lbs. heavier....in the midsection. 

Quote: @Skodin said:
@AGRforever said:
Gosh, if we got 6 sacks out of him and actually did a DL rotation.......our DL could be scary good.....gasp...
This is the ideal scenario.  Keep he and Richardson on the bench to keep their legs and abilities fresh.  Rotate them in on various downs.  Both are trusted guys who know the system well and can provide immediate impact on the field.

If we could get 6-8 sacks from Griff, 4-6 sacks from Richardson as back ups, this DL should be scary
Encroachment by #97... Defense. Ugh!

Quote: @mblack said:
@Skodin said:
@AGRforever said:
Gosh, if we got 6 sacks out of him and actually did a DL rotation.......our DL could be scary good.....gasp...
This is the ideal scenario.  Keep he and Richardson on the bench to keep their legs and abilities fresh.  Rotate them in on various downs.  Both are trusted guys who know the system well and can provide immediate impact on the field.

If we could get 6-8 sacks from Griff, 4-6 sacks from Richardson as back ups, this DL should be scary
Encroachment by #97... Defense. Ugh!

Probably won’t happen to Griff again… Wink Pierce is #97 now 

Just gotta love his honesty, and he took the questions about Cousins absolutely in stride without any hesitation. Won't be an issue going forward. And he even might get his #97 back  B)

(did I understand it correctly that he wore #58 today in practice?  :o  Confused