Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will biden be asked any tough questions today
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
Last night I was doing my regular channel flipping and heard "Peaceful protests erupted during the.... blah, blah, blah'

How exactly does a peaceful protest "erupt"?

Just report some facts and I'm in. We don't need the sensationalism, fear mongering, etc. 

Many of them are bad. And Fox is just nuts.
Who isn't?
I usually stick more with online news sources. The one I access the most is BBC. For TV I tune into a couple of specific shows instead of being blasted by a single network 24/7. 

News shouldn't be 'entertainment' but it all too often is presented that way.
I dont known if entertainment is the right word as much as indulgement.  Most Americans don't want the news,   they want what feeds their idealism.    I don't think is anything new,  imo this goes back to Limbaugh in the 90s as far as sensationalism and  likely  longer for those that were really paying attention. 

Marketing confirmation bias to foster "community" of like minded folk.  Propaganda for profit, when all media in a market, print, broadcast, can be owned by a single corporation.  Deregulation in a "free market" if you have the capital to compete.   In 1983 90% of US media was owned by fifty companies, now six companies own 90% of media, very profitable and expensive to get into, unless it's the internet.

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
Last night I was doing my regular channel flipping and heard "Peaceful protests erupted during the.... blah, blah, blah'

Just report some facts and I'm in. We don't need the sensationalism, fear mongering, etc. 

Who isn't?
I usually stick more with online news sources. The one I access the most is BBC. For TV I tune into a couple of specific shows instead of being blasted by a single network 24/7. 

Beat me to it...

BBC is the least biased I could find, maybe anywhere. 

Surprisingly, USA today tends to have a more balanced perspective as well. 

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:

Who isn't?

I dont known if entertainment is the right word as much as indulgement.  Most Americans don't want the news,   they want what feeds their idealism.    I don't think is anything new,  imo this goes back to Limbaugh in the 90s as far as sensationalism and  likely  longer for those that were really paying attention. 

Marketing confirmation bias to foster "community" of like minded folk.  Propaganda for profit, when all media in a market, print, broadcast, can be owned by a single corporation.  Deregulation in a "free market" if you have the capital to compete.   In 1983 90% of US media was owned by fifty companies, now six companies own 90% of media, very profitable and expensive to get into, unless it's the internet.
And aren't three of the owners named Jeff?  Or maybe that was just urban legend stuff.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Nichelle" said:

Who isn't?

And aren't three of the owners named Jeff?  Or maybe that was just urban legend stuff.
You have, National Amusements with Sumner Redstone, Disney with Bob Iger, Time Warner Jeff Bewkes, ComCast with Brian Roberts NewsCorp with Rupert Murdoch and Sony with Kazuo Hirai.   I don't know who you were getting at?  I was just speaking of non-internet media, broadcast and print.  

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"greediron" said:
You have, National Amusements with Sumner Redstone, Disney with Bob Iger, Time Warner Jeff Bewkes, ComCast with Brian Roberts NewsCorp with Rupert Murdoch and Sony with Kazuo Hirai.   I don't know who you were getting at?  I was just speaking of non-internet media, broadcast and print.  
Not getting at anything really.  Just remember that was said, on this board IIRC, but obviously not true.  Where does Amazon with Jeff Bezos fit in.  He owns lots of media as well, print included.

Washington Post is it, as far as non internet based companies.  
https://www.gadgetsnow.com/slideshows/15...351529.cms

Tough question for trump:

Spell honor.
Spell hamburger.
Pronounce Yosemite.