Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workout for Kaepernick
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png]COLIN KAEPERNICKQB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT[Image: 6530.jpg]
A scouting report from Saturday's workout in Atlanta described free agent QB Colin Kaepernick as "average overall."Representatives from eight teams made the trip to suburban Atlanta for Saturday's workout, which featured 60 scripted throws to receivers including Cowboys alum Brice Butler and Kaepernick's former 49ers teammate Bruce Ellington. Kaepernick appeared to be in "good shape" and impressed with his arm strength, though his deep accuracy was described as "ordinary." Among the most mobile quarterbacks in football during his Niners heyday, scouts noted that Kaepernick's speed is still very much an asset. The takeaway, at least in one scout's estimation is that Kaepernick is "good enough to be on a roster" but would probably have to settle for a backup gig. Teams have been reluctant to align themselves with Kaepernick due to his strong stances on issues related to race and social justice, though Saturday proved the 32-year-old can still sling it.
I saw the deep throws on a video ... wasn’t great.  

He looked like he could be a decent backup for the right price.

Sticky seems to have nailed it.  Who wants this shit on their team?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png]COLIN KAEPERNICKQB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT[Image: 6530.jpg]
A scouting report from Saturday's workout in Atlanta described free agent QB Colin Kaepernick as "average overall."Representatives from eight teams made the trip to suburban Atlanta for Saturday's workout, which featured 60 scripted throws to receivers including Cowboys alum Brice Butler and Kaepernick's former 49ers teammate Bruce Ellington. Kaepernick appeared to be in "good shape" and impressed with his arm strength, though his deep accuracy was described as "ordinary." Among the most mobile quarterbacks in football during his Niners heyday, scouts noted that Kaepernick's speed is still very much an asset. The takeaway, at least in one scout's estimation is that Kaepernick is "good enough to be on a roster" but would probably have to settle for a backup gig. Teams have been reluctant to align themselves with Kaepernick due to his strong stances on issues related to race and social justice, though Saturday proved the 32-year-old can still sling it.
This is probably an accurate assessment for his whole career, quite honestly. But my contention was always that he is more than qualified to be a #2 QB on a NFL team. Why any NFL team would even remotely be interested to bring the circus into town over Kaep now at this point is the head scratcher to me over this whole deal. 
Wait...what?    Then why were you and I going back and forth about this a few days ago?  I've said for over a year that his talent level wasn't worth the circus that would follow.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@KingBash said:
he pissed away his first opportunity with his healthh stupidity and his political shit.  anybody that saw him play after his crash diet didnt see the same guy that turned heads early in his career, of course the NFL also changed the rules and made it so read option QBs could get hit like RBs and that affected him negatively as well.   He wants in, proving his ability would go a long ways to show that he is still the player he claims to be.   lots of guys flush themselves out of the league for various reasons and dont get another chance,  lots of top level talent pretty much commit murder and still continue to play.... if he was as good as he (and his political fans) think he is,  then he would have been given a shot some where.  If there actually was a league wide conspiracy to keep him out,  wouldnt there be pissed off ex coaches or other people that would be coming forward and supporting his claims?  where is his union on this matter?  why didnt they organize a more concerted effort to get him a job?   
I agree Jimmy.  

@StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
This is probably an accurate assessment for his whole career, quite honestly. But my contention was always that he is more than qualified to be a #2 QB on a NFL team. Why any NFL team would even remotely be interested to bring the circus into town over Kaep now at this point is the head scratcher to me over this whole deal. 
Wait...what?    Then why were you and I going back and forth about this a few days ago?  I've said for over a year that his talent level wasn't worth the circus that would follow.
Oh. 

@StickyBun said:

His play was utter shit when he lost all that weight,  I dont think he has earned anything in terms of his performance prior to that.  He HAD the skills,  but has been away from the game for to long.IMO for it to be said he still should be considered a viable QB.

@StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
My God we should celebrate. Someone changed someones viewpoint on something.  I’m not joking lol

[Image: tzifu2h2du5z.jpeg]

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
My God we should celebrate. Someone changed someones viewpoint on something.  I’m not joking lol
Who is celebrating?  I am just saying 2 days ago and for over a year I Have been saying the same thing and catching shit.

He has talent but certainly a situation where the juice isn't worth the squeeze....and by his own mak8ng.

@Bullazin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Who is celebrating?  I am just saying 2 days ago and for over a year I Have been saying the same thing and catching shit.

He has talent but certainly a situation where the juice isn't worth the squeeze....and by his own mak8ng.
He made a choice. I believe he’s a patriot and  admire his courage,  but many believe the opposite.  There’s a cost for courage. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

He made a choice. I believe he’s a patriot and  admire his courage,  but many believe the opposite.  There’s a cost for courage. 
Count me in the not courage category.