Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well now we need a back up RB
Quote: @pumpf said:
@HappyViking said:
@pumpf said:

So... making ANOTHER problematic substance legal... is a good idea?  That'd be like drafting a fast WR with no hands and no route running ability... because we've already done it.

Do you view beer, wine, and other forms of booze as a problematic substance?  I don't.  I like drinking beers, but that doesn't mean it's taking over my life.

If I wanted to take a hit or two of some weed, I think that should be within my rights too.  I'm in control of what I consume, and I'd prefer not allowing the government decide that booze is "Ok", but weed is "Bad".  It's just stupid, and I think politics has plenty to do with it.

I think stopping weed from being legal has little to do with health and more to do with big corps freaking out. 

Here's an article pointing out those that lobby against legalizing weed the most.

https://internationalhighlife.com/top-5-lobby-groups-legal-cannabis/

POTENTIALLY problematic would've been a better way of phrasing it.  Alcohol- in moderation- is (pretty much) harmless.  But in excess, it can be deadly.  I don't know enough about addictions to know if it is easier or harder (or the same) to become addicted to alcohol or to marijuana.  I totally get that legalizing weed is comparable to legalizing alcohol.  But I'm not convinced that "we" have thought through all the negatives that will accompany such legislation (including higher costs for social problems to deal with the excesses).
Decriminalization won't happen in MN this year. I suspect it will in 2020.

I got no problem learning from the experiences of the states that have come before us. Use that to forge the best legislation possible going forward. 

@pumpf I fail to see how legalizing marijuana would increase any current expenditures on care...it's not like legalization is going to introduce a significant amount of new users...that makes no sense.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
I really believe pot should be legalized.  The problem I have with limiting the amount a person can have is, why treat it different than alcohol?  As far as I know there is no law that says I can't have 50 cases of beer in in my basement why should they limit how much pot I have? 
I'm sure if it was legalized, there wouldn't be a limit to how much you could have, but you probably wouldn't be allowed to sell it without a license anyway, but regardless it's still illegal for non-medical use.

I wasn't that big of a fan of him anyways. I thought Boone was clearly the better back between the 2. Boone has very good vision and seems natural. Roc Thomas I feel like got more recognition than he deserved off of one play in preseason. Regardless, end the damn war on drugs already.

Quote: @matt4787 said:
I wasn't that big of a fan of him anyways. I thought Boone was clearly the better back between the 2. Boone has very good vision and seems natural. Roc Thomas I feel like got more recognition than he deserved off of one play in preseason. Regardless, end the damn war on drugs already.
Can we please stay on topic?  =)

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@pumpf I fail to see how legalizing marijuana would increase any current expenditures on care...it's not like legalization is going to introduce a significant amount of new users...that makes no sense.
Did you read the article I posted?

I read about five articles today, probably another dozen in the past, and applied common sense. 

One of the most interesting finds was the rise in ER visits due to marijuana overdoses. This was particularly amusing.

I would bet the amount of people smoking weed would not increase much if legalized.  Although it is illegal it is still pretty easy to get and those who want to smoke it do. Adults that would like to smoke it now but don’t because it is illegal or they dont want to lose a good job because of it. Its not like they  are not going to go buy an ounce and a bong and start smoking away just becasue it has been legalized. Especially when they have refrained from it for months or years even though it is wasy to get. It would still be illegal for those under 21 to buy it or use it.  But guess what those under 21 who want to use it now do just that, its not that hard to get.  I hear the argument that there would be more kids experimenting with it if it were lgalized.  But that really cant be true because it would be just as illegal for them to buy and have it if legalized as it is now.  They would still have to find somebody to buy it from illegally.  Those willing to take that chance already do it now. 

It's kind of funny how the media filters out a few key pieces of information. 

1) Roc Thomas also had over $15K of cash in the apartment along with a handgun 
2) Holton Hill was also there when they issued the warrant and searched the apartment (although he has not been charged)