Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: MN Wild
They earned another point though.  This team isn't playing like they've given up on the season.  That was a good game against a very good Nashville team.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
They earned another point though.  This team isn't playing like they've given up on the season.  That was a good game against a very good Nashville team.
That and the were playing a rested Nashville while the Wild were playing their second game in less than 24 hours.

down the stretch in a playoff push though you have to grab 2 points when on home ice.  they will have to beat good teams in the playoffs home and away.  the Wild are giving up way to many shots on goal IMO compared to how many they are getting themselves.  in the win in calgary the other night it seemed like the entire 2nd period was in the minnesota zone.  opposing teams are getting nearly twice as many shots at DD and AS as what the Wild are getting at the other end.  now when they are winning that gets glossed over,  but it really suggests that the Wild need to do a better job of keeping the puck on O and to clear their zone on D.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
down the stretch in a playoff push though you have to grab 2 points when on home ice.  they will have to beat good teams in the playoffs home and away.  the Wild are giving up way to many shots on goal IMO compared to how many they are getting themselves.  in the win in calgary the other night it seemed like the entire 2nd period was in the minnesota zone.  opposing teams are getting nearly twice as many shots at DD and AS as what the Wild are getting at the other end.  now when they are winning that gets glossed over,  but it really suggests that the Wild need to do a better job of keeping the puck on O and to clear their zone on D.
Look above at the PWhizz comment.  Sometimes you just don't have the legs, but you have to out and play anyway.  Yeah, the win would've been great, but the Wild were hanging on for dear life in the 3rd.  That Nashville goalie played out of his head.  That tired Wild team damn near beat the rested 1st place Nashville team anyway.

I'm Ok with the effort and the the point.  We'll see how it goes later this week when they meet again.

Another nice game against the top team in the West.  They're playing very well, and it's coming from players that I've never heard of.  B)  I'm not sure how long this lasts, but I'm interested again.  Go Wild!

Another nice game against the top team in the West.  They're playing very well, and it's coming from players that I've never heard of.  B)  I'm not sure how long this lasts, but I'm interested again.  Go Wild!
They are playing with speed which is something very exciting to see.

That Fiala kid looked pretty good last night scoring twice against his old team and came a post away from winning it in the shootout.  Granlund was pretty invisible.

3-0 road win over Tampa Bay.  Zucker hat trick.
This team is better since the trade deadline moves.  Add a couple of pieces this summer and look out.  I’m excited.

Super fun game to watch.  The Wild are playing fast, and had Tampa on their heals several times.  No way did I expect this, but I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it.  Go Wild!