Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: MN Wild
There goes another one. Seriously? Wth?

https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/110014...07944?s=19

F#CK!  So who the hell is Kevin Fiala?  Hope it works out, but I like Mikael.

What the fuck?  Is this a give up sale?

They needed to blow this up, get faster and younger.  I'm surprised they didn't deal Staal.  I would have traded Brodin too.  This core has had their chances and not gotten it done.  Coyle, Niederreiter and Granlund were the poster boys for that.  All three completely disappeared in the playoffs last year.

They also now have $10M to spend in free agency.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Do you think the Wild had a shot to do anything in the playoffs this year?  I don't.

Fiala will add some speed and skill to a very slow club. Granlund is what he is, a guy who makes plays but rarely shoots and always turtles in the playoffs.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
They needed to blow this up, get faster and younger.  I'm surprised they didn't deal Staal.  I would have traded Brodin too.  This core has had their chances and not gotten it done.  Coyle, Niederreiter and Granlund were the poster boys for that.  All three completely disappeared in the playoffs last year.

They also now have $10M to spend in free agency.

Exactly.  It's a "Hey we can lose in the first round again or miss the playoffs entirely for a lot cheaper than this" sale.

They're blowing the team up.  Might as well.  This current group isn't going to get it done.  Sadly, the ones who OUGHT to be traded away are too expensive (overpaid); no one else wants them.

Quote: @pumpf said:
They're blowing the team up.  Might as well.  This current group isn't going to get it done.  Sadly, the ones who OUGHT to be traded away are too expensive (overpaid); no one else wants them.
Who would that be?  The three they  just dealt were the most overpaid vs what they are producing.  I guess I would throw Koivu in there too but he’s injured.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@pumpf said:
Who would that be?  The three they  just dealt were the most overpaid vs what they are producing.  I guess I would throw Koivu in there too but he’s injured.
I am thinking this is about Parise and Suter but their contracts are absolutely ridiculous. Parise and Suter will be a free agents in 2025. Koivu will be a free agent in 2020. They are in rebuild mode now.