Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryckophants Ain't Gonna Like These FACTS...
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Simply  put, adding a franchise QB in his prime to a stacked 13/3 roster that just made the NFCCG makes lamenting the past 10 years kind of a moot point. 

What's the sense in it?
Abso-fucking-lutely

Quote: @"njvike" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"njvike" said:

Does he warrant THIS season? Not up to me, and he's obviously here for the  season, so its not even worth discussing.
So then why are we discussing it
Don't condense my post and THEN comment on YOUR edited version, OK , Slappy? 
Here is the only actual fact that matters in this thread.  You call people names and you will get a vacation. 

Enough of the childish behavior.  Opinions are opinions, you like yours and others may not.  But you are free to share.  But keep calling names and you won't be free to share.

NJVike, let's give it a rest on insulting other users. Also NJ can be as critical as he wants regarding the organization. BUt NJ if you use insulting names of people associated with the organization that people here are fans of I think you can expect some unhappy responses. You know that but to be fair I just thought I would state it. There's no reason that we can't look at the success rate of the people involved with this organization and have a good solid discussion. Let's do that. 

Quote: @"njvike" said:
@"quattrovike" said:
The Vikings have 6 playoff wins in the last 20 years....more than the Cowboys, Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Bengals, Lions, and Redskins combined
And, of  those teams, 3 have also WON 9 Super Bowls. VIKINGS - ZERO 

IMHO, I would say that 
1 Super Bowl win equals at least 5 CONSECUTIVE division "championships".

If you're gonna be this inept in the postseason (2 playoff wins in 12 years), you at LEAST have to be consistent "champions" in the regular season.

We all know Schpielman can TALK THE TALK......I'M JUST PATIENTLY WAITING FOR HIM TO FINALLY WALK THE WALK. 

Win consecutive playoff games....at least ONCE! 
It takes 3 or 4 CONSECUTIVE playoff VICTORIES to win a Super Bowl.

The last Vikings Team to manage at LEAST 2 wins? The 1987 squad....THIRTY YEARS AGO.

Show it on the field, enough of this "at least we're not the WORST of the worst" Horse Shyte.

If your benchmark are teams like the BENGALS and Brown's, then YOU are not interested in CHAMPIONSHIPS....all YOU are interested in is simply NOT being the worst.

You are conveniently omitting the fact that twice in the last 12 years we have had a top 2 seed therefor bypassing the first round of the playoffs...in my book a bye is as good as a win, you dont have to agree with that but constantly lamenting the fact of how many wins they have instead of how far they have made it is ridiculous. The 87 team also lost in the NFCCG, needing more games to get there doesn't change the narrative.

I am not touting us as "not being the worst of the worst." I was putting in perspective the fact that we have more playoff wins in 20 years than 1/4 of the league combined, pointing out how ridiculous it is that you think we are this failed franchise. I too want a superbowl win and will not be happy until that day comes, but you are as shortsighted as they come to continue pressing your agenda when this teams just won 13 games after losing their #1 RB and QB. It really shows how well our GM set us up to handle adversity, not the other way around like you seem to believe.