Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I get one good reason Treadwell is on the team in 2018?
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I don't mean to be a complete dick, but why initially post the thread asking for reasons to keep Treadwell on the roster if you already don't think he is worth a spot on the 53? I didn't make my initial post to convince anyone Treadwell is the best WR on the roster. Context.

To rephrase, why should Treadwell be cut for the likes of Michael Floyd, Stacey Coley, Rodney Adams, or Cayleb Jones? Not as hard to defend him from that perspective. 
I think the cap ramifications do not make sense to cut him.  The only possible solution that still would come with cap ramifications is your idea of a straight up trade for Coleman.

I think Treadwell will make the 3rd year jump next year but it still could be tough to get many snaps.

He has to beat out Thielen and Diggs which does not seem likely.

He is set to earn 1.3 million.  Jarius is set to earn 3.6 million.  

Michael Floyd is a free agent.  I don't think we got our money's worth on him.  I would have preferred giving his time to someone else.  

Probably a draft need. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"SFVikingFan" said:
And again, the excuse of being the 3rd WR in this offense doesn't hold water when Wright has similar catches and yards and actually has scored 2 TDs in half the number of snaps this year.

I would rather have Stacy Coley on the field.  He has shown more in 4 preseason games than Treadwell has in two years.

By the way, I am not upset and am not meaning anything personal so please don't take it that way.  I like a lot of your posts Greed and Jimmy, but we couldn't be further apart regarding Treadwell and to a lesser extent Case.
Nothing personal here either.  I just wholeheartedly disagree with that take.  Preseason?  I think Treadwell was lighting it up IIRC in the preseason until Exum hurt his leg in a scuffle. 
Well supposedly in practice but definitely not in the actual preseason games.  Again, he got hurt in the preseason while he was “lighting it up” in practice.  Whoohoo, just one more excuse thrown his way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5k5963i4uo

Nope.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
I think it is fairly simple really.  His cap hit next year is 2.709 mil.
If they cut him him prior to June 1st they take a 5.870 mil cap hit.  Thus, he wont get cut before June 1st.
I guess they could cut him with a post June 1st designation but that still would mean a dead cap hit of 4.514 mil in 2018 and 1.356 mil in 2019.
If they manage to trade him, and Guru had an excellent idea of trading him to the Browns for Corey Coleman, they would take a 2.712 mil dead money cap hit and then take on Corey Coleman's deal.

Considering that a large number of receivers take until their 3rd year to make an impact, I imagine the Vikings will stick with him at least one more year.

No matter how you slice it though, he has been a major disappointment.
I think this is probably the best reason.  They’ll keep him, continue to use him sparingly at least until he doesn’t hurt them to be let go.  Maybe something will happen and he’ll actually be a factor for the offense.  Pretty doubtful though.  Wasted frst rounder.

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:I don't mean to be a complete dick, but why initially post the thread asking for reasons to keep Treadwell on the roster if you already don't think he is worth a spot on the 53? 
Sticky posted a tweet by the Andy Carlson Show about the difference in snaps between JW and LT.  

It was relevant discussion for a message board to discuss news.  

Not to be a complete dick, but that seems like a solid reason why.  And ... if people don't want to discuss the post, why attack the people that do?
Exactly. The whining and excuse making in this thread is hilarious. 

"Not to be a dick" comment usually precedes someone being a dick. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
I agree that he probably shouldn't be on the team next year, what the hell has he done?  A lot of receivers could catch 10 passes in 2 years, or whatever he's caught. 

Treadwell, at least so far, is a complete bust.
After two years...

• Adam Thielen 20 catches for 281 yards
• Laquon Treadwell 21 catches for 215 yards

Yes, Adam was undrafted and Laquon was a 1st round draft choice. But some receivers, no matter where they come from, just take time. Is he a disappointment? Of course he is. Is he a bust? Too early to know. 
How many snaps did Thielen get during that time compared to Treadwell? You have to do better than this. Wright gets about a third of the snaps of Treadwell and outperforms him easily. 

You'd think that fans would want more from the guy instead of all these excuses. 

I think fans want more from him but lets be realistic.  There aren't many scraps left after the top 2 WR's.   He did draw a key PI in the game.

I am still hopeful that he will produce more.   Too early to abandon ship on the guy.

If he doesn't get more catches after next year he will be gone but he is getting tons of snaps so there must be a reason coaches are playing him that much.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
I agree that he probably shouldn't be on the team next year, what the hell has he done?  A lot of receivers could catch 10 passes in 2 years, or whatever he's caught. 

Treadwell, at least so far, is a complete bust.
After two years...

• Adam Thielen 20 catches for 281 yards
• Laquon Treadwell 21 catches for 215 yards

Yes, Adam was undrafted and Laquon was a 1st round draft choice. But some receivers, no matter where they come from, just take time. Is he a disappointment? Of course he is. Is he a bust? Too early to know. 
How many snaps did Thielen get during that time compared to Treadwell? You have to do better than this. Wright gets about a third of the snaps of Treadwell and outperforms him easily. 

You'd think that fans would want more from the guy instead of all these excuses. 
It’s funny.  Some players get the excuses and others can’t do anything right by some of the same posters.  Treadwell has done next to nothing but for some reason its excused.  Contrast that to Trae Waynes, who to this day is still ripped on.  Not as much this year but still plenty of people still questioning his ability even though he’s contributed much more than Treadwell.
Or a guy like Sandejo.

Excuse vs. Explanation. There is a difference.